ImageImageImage

Dalembert On The Move?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

STChaser
Starter
And1: 0

Post#41 » by STChaser » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:50 pm

Well that goes back to what I said before then. If Amare is not healthy, if Brand is too much of a gamble after the injury and his age is a factor, if Okafur has back issues, and if Josh Smith is really a SF stuck at PF because of Atlanta's roster issues, then perhaps we should be looking to the draft for our PF of the future.

According to NBADraft.net we currently have the 8th pick. Assuming that Beasly is gone, we could potentially get Darrell Arthur, Patrick Patterson, Jason Thompson (didn't know he was from my home city of Mt. Laurel, NJ), Serge Ibaka (my choice), DeVon Hardin, Nathan Jawai, or DJ White. Do any of those names look serviceable at PF?

Here is another potential option I've been contemplating. If it's true that NJ is trying to unload Carter, perhaps we could swing a 3 way deal that sends Iguodala to NJ for Sean Williams and filler and send Carter to a 3rd team. Maybe we wouldn't even have to unload Iguodala and could send NJ Evans and Jason Smith along with our pick from Utah. Doubt it would happen but if anyone could pull it off, I think Stefanski, with his ties to NJ, could.

STChaser
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,781

Post#42 » by eyeatoma » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:13 pm

WTF? You think Sean Williams is going to be better or equal to Iggy's value?????????

Even with Carter in the deal, I wouldn't do it. Carter has 2 years max in the league at the level he's playing right now, and its not allstar calibre anymore.

Even worse, we get williams and filler, and carter goes to another team? Why is everyone so eager to unload Iguoadala?

See if we can get a good deal for Miller before the trade deadline, if not, let him stay a year. We can try to trade for a superstar this summer with the extra capspace we have, and if that doesnt work just wait until 2009. I also think we'll have a pick between 4-8 so we could get out player through the draft as well.

Even if we get a star on this team, who's a legitimate 1st option, you still need that 2nd option. Thats Iggy...
SouthJersey
Starter
And1: 144

Post#43 » by SouthJersey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:26 pm

Yea, dont trade Dala unless we are getting a superstar back. Anyway, NJ isnt trading Sean Williams, why would they? He's the best front court they've had since Kenyon Martin. I do like the idea of getting Arthur in the draft. Could solve our pf issues for the future.
STChaser
Starter

Post#44 » by STChaser » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:38 pm

WTF? You think Sean Williams is going to be better or equal to Iggy's value?????????

No. Not at all. But as said many times on this forum, with Thaddeus here at SF, Iguodala does become a little more expendible. Especially in that case that management wants a SG with more natural scoring instincts.

As for Darrell, I'm pretty sure one of the other mock draft sites had us taking him at 11. I don't know much about him but like I said earlier, I'd be all for getting a PF via the draft if the free agency list doesn't look all that overwhelming.

STChaser
PrimeTime21
Analyst

Post#45 » by PrimeTime21 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:58 pm

The only real trade partners that I see for Sam right now are Toronto and Phoenix.

Phoenix: Sam+Dre for Amare or Sam+WG for Marion+Skinner

Toronto: Sam for Rasho+Bargnani or
Sam for Rasho+Dixon(expiring)+Joey Graham
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 197

Post#46 » by 9th Wonder » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:04 pm

I think now that Ricky's gone there's no one to keep the Sammy-related hyperbole in check. Did someone actually say that it would take RJ and Sean Williams to acquire Dalembert? Hell, I'd trade Daly for SW straight-up, provided we got Sean's contract.
THFM
Junior

Post#47 » by THFM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:25 pm

PrimeTime21 wrote:The only real trade partners that I see for Sam right now are Toronto and Phoenix.

Phoenix: Sam+Dre for Amare or Sam+WG for Marion+Skinner

Toronto: Sam for Rasho+Bargnani or
Sam for Rasho+Dixon(expiring)+Joey Graham

OMG sam for rasho? are you joking? what center are we going to get via draft, or FA to replace Sammy? I wouldnt' even trade Sam for Amare the only way I trade Sam is if we get Dwight and it's not happening.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#48 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:29 pm

9th Wonder wrote:I think now that Ricky's gone there's no one to keep the Sammy-related hyperbole in check. Did someone actually say that it would take RJ and Sean Williams to acquire Dalembert? Hell, I'd trade Daly for SW straight-up, provided we got Sean's contract.

I know where you are going with that trade but I would much rather trade Iguodala to achieve that same salary cap relief. Sammy and Sean Williams will get you futher than Iggy and Sean Williams due to the fact that you will damn near never obtain a good center. No good centers will be on the market anytime soon so you have to draft and develop one.
SendEm
Banned User

Post#49 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:40 pm

THFM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

OMG sam for rasho? are you joking? what center are we going to get via draft, or FA to replace Sammy? I wouldnt' even trade Sam for Amare the only way I trade Sam is if we get Dwight and it's not happening.

Yes the Sammy love is indeed getting kind of STRONG.

Okay Bigs that are better than or equal to Sammy or have potential that outweighs Sammy's current value from A-G:

Aldridge, LaMarcus
Bargnani, Andrea
Biedrins, Andris
Bogut, Andrew
Boozer, Carlos
Bosh, Chris
Bynum, Andrew
Camby, Marcus
Chandler, Tyson
Gasol, Pau

If one of those caliber players isn't coming back in a deal then Sammy stays.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,115

Post#50 » by Mik317 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:21 pm

WTF is going on in this Topic. you guys are expecting Bosh, Bozzer, Amare, Bynum and DWIGHT HOWARD for Sammy.........wow, just when I thought you guys couldn't get any crazier.

Sammy isn't worth that much. Yes he can block shots and yes he's made strides in becoming better and yes he is important to us....but the expect all-stars and young stars for him is insanity. stop smoking and get some help.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#51 » by freshie2 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:49 pm

Not as high on Bogut, Biedrens, and even Camby d/t age, but otherwise agree with your list. Bogut is starting to play better, but hasn't met the hype yet. Biedrens is an interesting FA (I think) this off season...he would help at the PF spot over Evans.
THFM
Junior

Post#52 » by THFM » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:36 am

SendEm wrote:
THFM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes the Sammy love is indeed getting kind of STRONG.

Okay Bigs that are better than or equal to Sammy or have potential that outweighs Sammy's current value from A-G:

Aldridge, LaMarcus
Bargnani, Andrea
Biedrins, Andris
Bogut, Andrew
Boozer, Carlos
Bosh, Chris
Bynum, Andrew
Camby, Marcus
Chandler, Tyson
Gasol, Pau

If one of those caliber players isn't coming back in a deal then Sammy stays.

were not getting any of those people for sammy and i wouldnt' want beidrins or camby (age) or or tyson chandler i think sammy is better then chandler and beidrins...so if we arent' going to any of those players for sammy why trade him....
vicman
Ballboy

Post#53 » by vicman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:57 am

lol you all would be lucky to get rid of his contract. and i wouldnt be surprised if the numbers are a source of showcasing so they can move him. i like same but he is over piad and i would assume that any deal to rid them of the contract would be strongly considered
SendEm
Banned User

Post#54 » by SendEm » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:27 am

There is really no evidence of Sammy being overpaid. Where are the players being paid less than him at Center that are producing more on the court?
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#55 » by freshie2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Yes...the overpaid chants are silly. It took him a while to really show that the contract was a good idea, but this year he's proving his worth more than before...how many bigs average a double double, over 2.5 blocks, and shoot 70+% from the line? Sam's not going anywhere in a salary dump...you would get a nice package back for him at this point, but I don't know that you can get back a good enough big man for him.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers