Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,167

Re: Game 5: Knicks (3-1) vs. Sixers (1-3) | Tue Apr 30 7.00 pm. TNT 

Post#421 » by Embiid P » Wed May 1, 2024 2:10 am

the_process wrote:
phillynative wrote:
76ciology wrote:Embiid’s 16 rebs and 5 blk is big

This is the way he needs to play next season plus assists and steals he's talented enough to do that. I love Embiid but he can't stay healthy enough to be a number 1 option he also is a mediocre leader. Give the reigns to Maxey he may not be as talented as Embiid but he has the intangibles and he continues to improve to be that guy. Just put the right pieces around him like they unfortunately couldnt do with Embiid.

I agree that defense and rebounding Jo is a better Jo.

Been saying this since last year at least lol.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,781

Post#422 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 1, 2024 2:10 am

NYSixersFan wrote:I can't believe what I just watched. WOW!

1) Maxey
2) Someone finally saved Embiid
3) I'm not critical of Joel. The guy is dealing with a lot.
4) Joel might need two more surgeries after this series.
5) Tobias wasn't useless
6) Wow

Tobias was taking those free throws thinking "gotta makes these for the..... next bag".
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,835

Post#423 » by Murray_17 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:11 am

Revived wrote:Suns fan here, watching yall series has been a relief from what I’ve been seeing with my team. Feels like both yall teams playing a whole another sport than whatever we were doing.

Question though, what’s the general opinion you guys have of the job Nick Nurse has done this season? Just curious.

He has been a mix bag for now.

He came here as a "mad scientist" and a guy who made adjustments on the fly but has nor varied too much this series.

He changed the offense for good tho, he tried to make Joel what Sabonis is for the Kings and that has worked so he gets credit. The roster is what is so he also overplays guys a lot, there i no reason for Lowry playing over 30 minutes this series.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 12,232

Post#424 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 1, 2024 2:12 am

Read on Twitter
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,420

Post#425 » by Mik317 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:12 am

Lowry getting that 5th foul was huge

he was hurting us out there
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,130

Post#426 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:13 am

Its disturbing to me how many calls Maxey doesn't get. He gets no respect at all, and we need him to get that respect moving forward. The refs have to think of him as a superstar and give him the calls they give Brunson and Embiid. Just don't know if that will happen this season with Jojo on the court.

Tobi did alot in this game, give him props. He even got timey rebounds, and made NN have to see that Lowry isn't the answer maybe to end games in this series as rebounding is a problem and Lowry can't provide that.

Jojo did the best he could, but he looked like a shell of himself out there. Course he still had a triple double looking horrible, wow.

Oubre kind of paid attention at times, good to see them find him on some of his cuts in the paint, he was left open alot of the night.

Career statement game from Max. Hope people paid attention, especially the refs and NBA. He's a superstar and now we have 2 superstars, just wish Jojo was healthy.
Mik317
RealGM

Post#427 » by Mik317 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:14 am

Negrodamus wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:I can't believe what I just watched. WOW!

1) Maxey
2) Someone finally saved Embiid
3) I'm not critical of Joel. The guy is dealing with a lot.
4) Joel might need two more surgeries after this series.
5) Tobias wasn't useless
6) Wow

Tobias was taking those free throws thinking "gotta makes these for the..... next bag".

nah he;s about to spearhead the 3-1 now 3-2 comeback to get another PHILLY MAX

4-D CHESS
#NeverGonnaBeGood
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,875

Post#428 » by phillynative » Wed May 1, 2024 2:14 am

Oh wow . I didn't know Tyrese was only 23. I thought he was atlest 24. Yeah Morey give him the bag and get over Harden.
Mik317
RealGM

Post#429 » by Mik317 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:15 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:Its disturbing to me how many calls Maxey doesn't get. He gets no respect at all, and we need him to get that respect moving forward. The refs have to think of him as a superstar and give him the calls they give Brunson and Embiid. Just don't know if that will happen this season with Jojo on the court.

Tobi did alot in this game, give him props. He even got timey rebounds, and made NN have to see that Lowry isn't the answer maybe to end games in this series as rebounding is a problem and Lowry can't provide that.

Jojo did the best he could, but he looked like a shell of himself out there. Course he still had a triple double looking horrible, wow.

Oubre kind of paid attention at times, good to see them find him on some of his cuts in the paint, he was left open alot of the night.

Career statement game from Max. Hope people paid attention, especially the refs and NBA. He's a superstar and now we have 2 superstars, just wish Jojo was healthy.

feel like only one guy per team gets the star calls. Harden stop getting them the moment he left Houston lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#430 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 1, 2024 2:16 am

Fans better show up for this next game or Embiid is going to request a trade at halftime.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,835

Post#431 » by Murray_17 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:16 am

I think the issue Maxey has with the refs is the same Kyrie has. Both go for the hard acrobatic finish instead of going for the contact and then trying to finish.

Brunson seals his defenders on him as soon as he gets some advantage, it's something you need to do to get a whistle
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 24,550

Post#432 » by 76ciology » Wed May 1, 2024 2:16 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:Its disturbing to me how many calls Maxey doesn't get. He gets no respect at all, and we need him to get that respect moving forward. The refs have to think of him as a superstar and give him the calls they give Brunson and Embiid. Just don't know if that will happen this season with Jojo on the court.

Its because refs often gets into the spotlight when there’s a big disparity of number of fouls between two teams. Refs gives a lot of these fouls to Embiid so his co-star usually gets hurt by not getting favorable calls in the process
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 19,818

Post#433 » by Slacktard » Wed May 1, 2024 2:18 am

phillynative wrote:Oh wow . I didn't know Tyrese was only 23. I thought he was atlest 24. Yeah Morey give him the bag and get over Harden.

He's always been going to get the bag. His cap number/cap hold is like $13M. His max contract will start at like $40M a year.

So until his signs it the Sixers have $27M or more of cap space to play with. They can spend up to the cap and then sign Maxey and go $30M over it (doubt Josh Harris allows this tbh)
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#434 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 1, 2024 2:19 am

Embiid needs to play his game like he did when he drove in the lane and passed it to a wide open Oubre (who missed another bunny, but then Embiid rebounded and got the foul). If he doesn't force the issue on offense and just takes his midrange shots, drives when they overcommit and take what is given to him, he'll get 20pts in an efficient way while not completely killing the offensive flow.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 955

Post#435 » by zaz102 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:21 am

Slacktard wrote:
phillynative wrote:Oh wow . I didn't know Tyrese was only 23. I thought he was atlest 24. Yeah Morey give him the bag and get over Harden.

He's always been going to get the bag. His cap number/cap hold is like $13M. His max contract will start at like $40M a year.

So until his signs it the Sixers have $27M or more of cap space to play with. They can spend up to the cap and then sign Maxey and go $30M over it (doubt Josh Harris allows this tbh)
Shouldn't they have like $70M+ to play with? Only person under contract for next year is Embiid (and possibly Reed).
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 12,232

Post#436 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 1, 2024 2:21 am

Read on Twitter

It might be time. Give Maxey the reigns, superstar.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 19,818

Post#437 » by Slacktard » Wed May 1, 2024 2:22 am

Negrodamus wrote:Embiid needs to play his game like he did when he drove in the lane and passed it to a wide open Oubre (who missed another bunny, but then Embiid rebounded and got the foul). If he doesn't force the issue on offense and just takes his midrange shots, drives when they overcommit and take what is given to him, he'll get 20pts in an efficient way while not completely killing the offensive flow.

Embiid made some bad passes tonight, but he's playing hurt and was gassed... Nobody can look at how he was playing this season and not see that Embiid improved his passing this season. Sixers desperately need a 'dunk city' finisher type. It doesn't have to be someone who can create their own offense. Give me a guy who can rebound, defend and get some cherries from a driving Embiid or Maxey (or some lobs) and finish that way for 10 points a game.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#438 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 1, 2024 2:23 am

Read on Twitter

Obligatory.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,841

Post#439 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed May 1, 2024 2:23 am

I'm speechless! I had the Fkin toaster plugged in, I had the bathwater all ready. I was standing in the tub, holding the toaster, about to just submerge myself and Maxey scores 7 points in 10 seconds including a three he hits from downtown Manhattan. Game 6! LFG!
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,477

Post#440 » by FlyingArrow » Wed May 1, 2024 2:26 am

zaz102 wrote:
Slacktard wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:We need some coaching magic in game 6. Can't just play Embiid 48 minutes and cross your fingers.

Will Nurse have finally learned his lesson?

Keeping Embiid in the game tonight with a 5-point lead only for a hobbled and gassed Embiid to be on the court while the Knicks then go on a 8-0 run serves NO PURPOSE AT ALL.

If you're going to let teams go on a run *with* a gassed Embiid, then take him out so when you put him back in you have a better chance of making up for whatever you 'gave up' with him out, but fresher.
Problem is they get down quickly with BBall in. They tried a short time with a small ball lineup, but that didn't work great either. Only other real option is Bamba. I wouldn't be surprised to see him next game, but I'm skeptical that he'll fare any better.

I don't know how Bamba would fare in the playoffs, but statistically in the regular season Bamba is pretty much a league-average center, which is what we've been hoping for as a backup for Embiid! He looks bad to the eye maybe, but his length is almost as absurd as Wemby's. That length by itself seems to impact the game in invisible ways, because his stats are worlds better than the eye test. It seems like everyone talks down Mo Bamba, but the numbers...

.128 WS/48 is comparable to Naz Reid, Brook Lopez
17.8% TRB% is comparable to Bam Adebayo, Evan Mobley
39% 3pt% is better than Porzingis, Holmgren, or Brook Lopez
7.4% blk% is better than any qualified player not named Wembanyama
15.4 PER is basically league average. (The stat itself is designed so that 15.0 is average.)
.575 TS% is below league-average (if he qualified), but not by a ton

I'm not suggesting that he'd keep those numbers up if he played starter's minutes and always against the first string of a playoff team, but the narrative that Bamba is just terrible doesn't come from his stats. It comes from him looking like a bonehead on the court, and then add confirmation bias on top of it. But for every foul or turnover or missed assignment, there must be an opponent's missed shot or shot-not-taken that keeps his advanced stats looking okay. And his counting stats actually look good.

I assume since he's not playing that there's evidence that those stats are mostly piled up against weak benches, but as bad as things have gone it might be worth trying Bamba for 8 minutes or so. Paul Reed has decent stats, too - some better and some worse than Bamba's. But when he spells Embiid it hasn't translated to good stretches. It's a different look, though, when you put someone in who is even longer than Embiid.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers