Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,951

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#441 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:15 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I would do that deal, pretty easily.

Neither Harris or Love can defend, so you might as well take the better shooter and better rebounder and that's Kevin.

Garland is a tiny shotcreater that we can use in the short term and, like you said, flip down the line.

Between Garland, Maxey and our eventual signing of Austin Rivers, we'd have a small handful of guys that can get buckets in the halfcourt in their sleep (albeit while being a bunch of defensive zeroes in the process, though).

What I like about Love over Harris is Love can punish SFs compared to Tobi.

If opponents has to put their PFs on Love then Love can step out, you take away the PF who can help their C protect the rim.

It’s like having Al but the difference is Love is a way better shooter and much better in attacking close outs. Love can also is reliable to get you 20-30pts where as Al is living in his natural habitat of 12-15ppg.

The contracts are almost the same. But Tobi is a year younger. You see the Bobcats (Cavs on the same tier) wouldnt mind overpaying Hayward to stay relevant.

Let’s be honest, Love is only good for like 2 more seasons. And this is where Garland for Milton trade comes in to compensate for it. And we’ll never know, Milton may even end up being a better player than Garland.

Love is actually 4 years older and coming off serious injuries. No thanks. He maybe better in the nearterm though that is far from a sure thing and his contract goes for another 3 years. I'd rather have Harris. Also Harris has had his struggles shooting lately but part of the reason why we traded Horford was to increase the speed of the team and make us less of a halfcourt offense. We all know one of Simmons strengths is pushing the ball up the floor before the defense has a chance to get set to do that you can't have Embiid and Love. Or Embiid and Horford. Part of moving Tobie to PF and presumably starting Green as SF was to get faster.

Now if we traded Simmons for Harden then I'd be fine with it. We'd basically be all in on a two year window and Harden is a guy who likes to break down a defense and is a better fit next to Love.

Understood and can’t argue with that.

If you can see, i always involve getting Garland in the trade for Im also not that confident for a Tobi and Love straight up. I like to add Milton and they have to add Garland in exchange.

Personally, I’m not as down on Tobi as most people on the board. So I’m ok to just keeping him.

Most of my Tobi trades are just a mean to an end. And the end is an eventual move in the same magnitude of a Harden for Ben trade. In this case, I’m finding ways to be able to do it without involving Ben. Its difficult but it maybe possible.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Olabikkel
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#442 » by Olabikkel » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:11 pm

I also Dont hate Tobias Harris that much, although his paycheck is too large. Dont think we are able to trade him this season, maybe not even next season or that next season.

Nevertheless maybe something like this could be starting point of a trade If we are really wanting to trade him, but think it is not a good enough offer for Orlando probably.

Phi: rozier, gordon, al farouq
Cha: fournier
Orl: Harris, korkmaz, scott, Ferguson and 2rnd pick via cha and 2rnd pick via phi.

It would give phi shorter contract with less money that would be easier to use in a future trade.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#443 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:22 pm

Olabikkel wrote:I also Dont hate Tobias Harris that much, although his paycheck is too large. Dont think we are able to trade him this season, maybe not even next season or that next season.

Nevertheless maybe something like this could be starting point of a trade If we are really wanting to trade him, but think it is not a good enough offer for Orlando probably.

Orl: Harris, korkmaz, scott, Ferguson and 2rnd pick via cha and 2rnd pick via phi.

It would give phi shorter contract with less money that would be easier to use in a future trade.

Funny how I’ve also looked at the Magic for a Tobi trade. The thing is, Gordon is not a player we can accommodate. He is a below average 3 shooter who kind of also plays like Ben that he needs the ball in his hands to be effective on offense.

Whats more probable is..

Sixers: Fournier and Rozier
Bobcats: Gordon
Magic: Tobias
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
davesilver
Junior
And1: 206

Post#444 » by davesilver » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:59 pm

76ciology wrote:
Olabikkel wrote:I also Dont hate Tobias Harris that much, although his paycheck is too large. Dont think we are able to trade him this season, maybe not even next season or that next season.

Funny how I’ve also looked at the Magic for a Tobi trade. The thing is, Gordon is not a player we can accommodate. He is a below average 3 shooter who kind of also plays like Ben that he needs the ball in his hands to be effective on offense.

Whats more probable is..

Really love how you call them the Bobcats
76ciology
RealGM

Post#445 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:05 pm

davesilver wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Whats more probable is..

Really love how you call them the Bobcats

:lol:

They’ll always be the Bobcats to me.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,901

Post#446 » by the_process » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:27 pm

CHA gets Harris and Milton
NYK gets Rozier and 2021 PHI 1st
PHI gets Washington, Batum, and Ntilikina

Roster spots get tricky for this year, but it certainly fixes the cap issue.

For Charlotte, they can sign Hayward outright and they get better with Tobias. If they're not trying to compete IDK why they would sign Gordon. Would be a playoff team.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#447 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:37 pm

the_process wrote:CHA gets Harris and Milton

For Charlotte, they can sign Hayward outright and they get better with Tobias. If they're not trying to compete IDK why they would sign Gordon. Would be a playoff team.

Ntilikina = sux
Batum = just average
Washington = sux

And we gave up Tobi, Milton and a first?

We can probably get Love and Garland with that package.

Batum is an expiring and thats all good but that doesnt really benefit us that much like freeing us a max cap soce for the next offseason.

I find the trade to make us worse short term and long term. Just my opinion
76ciology
RealGM

Post#448 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Rozier is shooting 45% on catch and shoot 3s
the_process
RealGM

Post#449 » by the_process » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:03 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rozier is shooting 45% on catch and shoot 3s

Rozier is not good. And the Sixers already went and got that guy in Seth Curry.
the_process
RealGM

Post#450 » by the_process » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:04 pm

76ciology wrote:

Ntilikina = sux
Batum = just average
Washington = sux

Batum is an expiring and thats all good but that doesnt really benefit us that much like freeing us a max cap soce for the next offseason.

The main focus needs to be on dumping Tobias. Getting a large expiring in Batum is all the better. And I like Washington next to Jo. Ntilikina still has some upside as an off ball PG with Simmons doing the ball handling.
Ellington
Junior
And1: 158

Post#451 » by Ellington » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:23 pm

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Ntilikina = sux
Batum = just average
Washington = sux

The main focus needs to be on dumping Tobias. Getting a large expiring in Batum is all the better. And I like Washington next to Jo. Ntilikina still has some upside as an off ball PG with Simmons doing the ball handling.

Agree. This has to be our focus. We have to find a way to rid ourselves of his terrible contract.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,331

Post#452 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:07 pm

Rozier is frustrating because he's a doofus with inconsistent play, but how can anyone possibly poo-poo his skillset? He can defend when he wants. He can score off the dribble in his sleep. He can hit shots off the ball. He has big game acumen. Scary Terry is a beast, when motivated and harnessed.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,331

Post#453 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:11 pm

I'm not sold on P.J. Washington.

Can't hit free throws, can't rebound, and he's a neutral defender at best.
Olabikkel
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#454 » by Olabikkel » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:27 pm

I like my trade proposal more, rozier and al farouq are usefull players. Maybe flip Gordon for another pf?
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 670

Post#455 » by HardenToSixers » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:08 am

Kobblehead wrote:Rozier is frustrating because he's a doofus with inconsistent play, but how can anyone possibly poo-poo his skillset? He can defend when he wants. He can score off the dribble in his sleep. He can hit shots off the ball. He has big game acumen. Scary Terry is a beast, when motivated and harnessed.

You’ve been saying he sucks for 4 years though...
76ciology
RealGM

Post#456 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:42 am

Ellington wrote:
the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Ntilikina = sux
Batum = just average
Washington = sux

Agree. This has to be our focus. We have to find a way to rid ourselves of his terrible contract.

Nah..

I aint trading Tobi just to get rid of his contract. Specially with having the weakest perimeter scoring star in the league, with Ben. You need more shooters and scorers on your team.

It’s not like you can easily replace him. This league overpays for scorers, specially shooters.

Like I said, I’d give more value to expiring contracts if it gets me into a position to free up a max cap space. Even then, given being WEAK in attracting FA (same as teams on our tier like Boston) and would very likely just get someone in his tier, im not that interested.

I think getting Al’s contract off the books is good already. It makes you able to use your MLE and to re-sign role players.

The reason I’ll trade Tobi is it gets me into a position to be competitive now by getting a similar tier player in return (Rozier? Myles Turner? Hield? love) and sweetener to put me in a better position in the future (future max cap space, picks or young talent like Garland).

If you want cap relief, then trade him for Zeller (15M expiring) and Rozier (someone who can help now). Or Hield (someone who can help now) and Jabari (7M expiring)

Not just expiring. I think that would be irrational and is more of an emotional decision.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#457 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:50 am

Kobblehead wrote:Rozier is frustrating because he's a doofus with inconsistent play, but how can anyone possibly poo-poo his skillset? He can defend when he wants. He can score off the dribble in his sleep. He can hit shots off the ball. He has big game acumen. Scary Terry is a beast, when motivated and harnessed.

The key for me is not to let him play a role more than what he is capable off.

Off the bench or playing behind Ben and Biid may able to let you harness the best of him.

He gets unpredictable or inconsistent when he’s being asked to be Kemba Walker.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#458 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:52 am

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Ntilikina = sux
Batum = just average
Washington = sux

Ntilikina and Ben Simmons? That’s like having a backcourt of Eric Snow and MCW. That wont work in today’s basketball, unless you are the Knicks
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,593

Post#459 » by SixthStreet » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:20 am

The Pelicans probably are handing Ball the keys with Jrue gone, but I wonder if there is a way Morey can come up with enough in assets to get something done if the Pels are open to dealing him. Sell high on Thybulle, a first, find assets for Curry via a third team, maybe Shake, etc.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#460 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:26 am

SixthStreet wrote:The Pelicans probably are handing Ball the keys with Jrue gone, but I wonder if there is a way Morey can come up with enough in assets to get something done if the Pels are open to dealing him. Sell high on Thybulle, a first, find assets for Curry via a third team, maybe Shake, etc.

I doubt Morey would be going through to all that hassel for Ball. And based from your description, looks like Ball will be an expensive asset.

Another thing is, if you opt for Ben, you can’t play with Ball. You need scorers.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers