ImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,295

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 

Post#441 » by mjkvol » Wed May 22, 2024 1:14 pm

76ciology wrote:Previously, the trend was to flop to get the referees' attention and draw a foul. Now, players are using tricks like pulling jerseys, which is a foul but difficult for referees to notice at game speed.

That foul was reviewed, where it was clear how long Brown hung on to the Jersey, and not reversed. Doris was trying to find a reason to justify the call, but it seemed JJ was having none of it. Calls like that one in a situation like that always make you wonder, now more than ever. Although it's gone way beyond 'wondering' at this point.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,762

Post#442 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 22, 2024 3:15 pm

Straight up, Pacers should have fouled, before the Brown 3, that was their downfall.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,952

Post#443 » by 76ciology » Wed May 22, 2024 3:47 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,762

Post#444 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 22, 2024 3:50 pm

76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter

Why can';t that happen to us...sigh
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,746

Post#445 » by FireMorey » Wed May 22, 2024 3:53 pm

He sucks. He's the least clutch player I've ever seen in the NBA and I've been watching the NBA for decades.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,263

Post#446 » by Negrodamus » Wed May 22, 2024 4:35 pm

Yea, but he does have berzerko mode Tatum in the playoffs at times. And he did come up gigantic late in the game last year after being atrocious for the first 25-30 minutes. He also closed this one out. If he's going to suck, Indy can't give him a reason to come to life, which they did.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#447 » by 76ciology » Wed May 22, 2024 4:43 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter

Why can';t that happen to us...sigh

Per Synergy, Boston has been the very worst pick and roll defense in the playoffs so far out of all 16 teams by a wide margin, allowing 1.09 points per possession including passes.

Their bigs just don't do well in space.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,733

Post#448 » by Jailblazers7 » Wed May 22, 2024 4:46 pm

Boston just relies on other teams to beat themselves. It’s probably why they have to much trouble with Miami historically because they’re the one team in the East that consistently plays smart at max effort.

I think a healthy Knicks team probably would’ve beat them in a series.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#449 » by mjkvol » Wed May 22, 2024 4:58 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Boston just relies on other teams to beat themselves. It’s probably why they have to much trouble with Miami historically because they’re the one team in the East that consistently plays smart at max effort.

I think a healthy Knicks team probably would’ve beat them in a series.

I wouldn't have thought so before the series, but if Indy closed out that game they might have had a chance in the series the way they're playing with physicality and a ton of confidence. Asking them to essentially win 5 of 7 is a big ask at this point.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#450 » by mjkvol » Wed May 22, 2024 5:05 pm

Funny, but when playing Boston the guys I most fear are White, Holiday, and Pritchard, who invariably deliver stake in the heart shots and plays. They had better win one while they can still afford this kind of quality depth, because if it's left to the J's to carry them in the playoffs, they're in some trouble.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#451 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2024 3:04 am

Mavs won. Like i said, i have them as favorites now. I dont think wolves and Celts are designed to beat them.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,574

Post#452 » by elchengue20 » Thu May 23, 2024 3:11 am

76ciology wrote:Mavs won. Like i said, i have them as favorites now. I dont think wolves and Celts are designed to beat them.

Why not? Minnesota i think it's a pretty good matchup, but they need Edwards and Towns to play better.

Boston has multiple defenders to throw at Luka/Kyrie but maybe they lack interior defense to really slow them down, specially if Porzinigs isn't 100%.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#453 » by mjkvol » Thu May 23, 2024 3:47 am

Nice win for the Mavs. Edwards was gassed trying to guard Irving all night and had nothing left late, and Luka is just a killer closer that the Wolves had no answer for in the 4th quarter. I like this Dallas team a lot, they have size, shooting, and two guys who can get them a bucket in big spots.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#454 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2024 4:14 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
76ciology
RealGM

Post#455 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2024 4:56 am

[x]
Read on Twitter

Yikes
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,733

Post#456 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:24 am

76ciology wrote:Wolves vs. Mavs

I favor the Mavs in this matchup. Although the Wolves are well-built to compete against the Nuggets, the Mavs have a strong clutch performance and a solid defense. If the game stays close, I would trust Luka and Kyrie over Ant and KAT in crunch time.

Celtics vs. Pacers

Siakam has to step up big in this series for the Pacers to beat the Celtics. If the Pacers can match the Celtics' offense and keep the game close, and if Siakam can be a more reliable go-to option for the Pacers than Tatum is for the Celtics, the Pacers have a chance to win.

This breakdown is looking pretty good after the opening games. Too bad the Pacers sh*t their pants to ruin it.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#457 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2024 7:18 am

elchengue20 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Mavs won. Like i said, i have them as favorites now. I dont think wolves and Celts are designed to beat them.

Why not? Minnesota i think it's a pretty good matchup, but they need Edwards and Towns to play better.

Boston has multiple defenders to throw at Luka/Kyrie but maybe they lack interior defense to really slow them down, specially if Porzinigs isn't 100%.

[x]
Read on Twitter

Just seems to me that Mavs have the tools to expose Gobert and Horford drop coverage on defense, have the two way fire power on both ends to make it atleast a tight contest, and have superior closers over them.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,574

Post#458 » by elchengue20 » Thu May 23, 2024 7:22 am

76ciology wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:

[x]
Read on Twitter

Just seems to me that Mavs have the tools to expose Gobert and Horford on defense, have the two way fire power on both ends to make it atleast a tight contest, and have superior closers over them.

If Derrick Lively keeps playing like this, for damn sure they have a good chance. I know he's in the perfect situation to succeed thanks to Luka/Kyrie, but still what a steal he's been for them.

Also if Edwards/Mc Daniels can't slown down neither or Luka/Kyrie a little they are cooked. I expected at least 1 of them to struggle a little, but they coudn't stay in front.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#459 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2024 7:22 am

Jailblazers7 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Wolves vs. Mavs

I favor the Mavs in this matchup. Although the Wolves are well-built to compete against the Nuggets, the Mavs have a strong clutch performance and a solid defense. If the game stays close, I would trust Luka and Kyrie over Ant and KAT in crunch time.

Celtics vs. Pacers

Siakam has to step up big in this series for the Pacers to beat the Celtics. If the Pacers can match the Celtics' offense and keep the game close, and if Siakam can be a more reliable go-to option for the Pacers than Tatum is for the Celtics, the Pacers have a chance to win.

This breakdown is looking pretty good after the opening games. Too bad the Pacers sh*t their pants to ruin it.

Thanks! Sometimes I get them right. Every time I have a hot take in my head, I never think twice about posting it here lol

I’d like to add that Mavs are lucky that Nuggets didnt make it. It will be a nightmare for them to defend Jokic.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#460 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2024 12:35 pm

Doncic = Magic Johnson
Anthony Edwards = Jordan
Jokic = Larry Bird
Tatum = Kobe?
Haliburton = Reggie Miller?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers