ImageImageImage

Sixers new HC search thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,961

Re: Sixers new HC search thread 

Post#621 » by sixers4real » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:53 am

As of now, I vote for MDA and blowing this roster. Keep Simmons Embiid, find some other guys. I don’t even care, it can’t be worse. Try once again with Embiid, Simmons and MDA for like 3-4 years. If it does not work, rebuild again.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,847

Post#622 » by 76ciology » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:50 am

sixers4real wrote:As of now, I vote for MDA and blowing this roster. Keep Simmons Embiid, find some other guys. I don’t even care, it can’t be worse. Try once again with Embiid, Simmons and MDA for like 3-4 years. If it does not work, rebuild again.

This is the difference between a fans vs a real NBA FOs mindset. The later couldnt just blow up things because they are heavily invested.

The more skin you have in the game, the more cautious you are.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,961

Post#623 » by sixers4real » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:53 am

76ciology wrote:
sixers4real wrote:As of now, I vote for MDA and blowing this roster. Keep Simmons Embiid, find some other guys. I don’t even care, it can’t be worse. Try once again with Embiid, Simmons and MDA for like 3-4 years. If it does not work, rebuild again.

This is the difference between a fans vs a real NBA FOs mindset. The later couldnt just blow up things because they are heavily invested.

Yeah, it is so unfortunate that the mindset of our FO is NOT winning a championship.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#624 » by 76ciology » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:56 am

sixers4real wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Yeah, it is so unfortunate that the mindset of our FO is NOT winning a championship.

This criticism against the FO is just too toxic that is leading to a lot of bias.

Who’s to say that signing MDA means winning the championship when he can’t even win it with teams that are better tailored to his style like the Suns or the Rockets?

That ship of trying to win now and going “F the future“ mode has sailed when we didnt trade Ben for Kawhi.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#625 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:48 am

sixers4real wrote:
76ciology wrote:

But the guy you're rooting for (mda) has NOT won a championship himself despite having tons of high class talent to work with including Nash, Kobe, Harden, Paul, Wedtbrook and prime Melo.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#626 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:34 am

Like most, if its between the two I'm casting my vote for Pringles over Lue.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#627 » by 51X3RF4N » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:50 pm

It can't be worse? Really? Don't curse us!

It can most certainly be worse.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#628 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:16 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Like most, if its between the two I'm casting my vote for Pringles over Lue.

Most where? Twitter is firmly behind Lue actually :D
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#629 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Like most, if its between the two I'm casting my vote for Pringles over Lue.

Most where? Twitter is firmly behind Lue actually :D
Like most here on this board (actual sixer fans). Stop trolling everyone who doesn't see the world through your eyes where Ty Lue is a youthful, schematic, proven winner who totally warrants the FU money he's asking for.

SixersFanInNY
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#630 » by SixersFanInNY » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:12 pm

I would vote for Lue but only because I think D'antoni is that bad.

I like coaches who figure out how to maximize the results for the players they have, not coaches that want to force players into some style they impose (even if it were a style I liked, which is not the case here).

I also like coaches who dont push for trades that work only for their style since thats a ticket to multi-year lotteries after their tenure.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#631 » by 51X3RF4N » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:00 pm

SixersFanInNY wrote:I would vote for Lue but only because I think D'antoni is that bad.

I like coaches who figure out how to maximize the results for the players they have, not coaches that want to force players into some style they impose (even if it were a style I liked, which is not the case here).

I also like coaches who dont push for trades that work only for their style since thats a ticket to multi-year lotteries after their tenure.
Yeah, I mean I'm behind Lue over MDA unless there is a plan to transform the roster into one that can actually compete for a title in 2021. Otherwise, give me 5 years of Lue and minor roster tweaks to see if our "stars" have what it takes to make a Finals run some day.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#632 » by agiaco » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:49 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
SixersFanInNY wrote:I would vote for Lue but only because I think D'antoni is that bad.

Yeah, I mean I'm behind Lue over MDA unless there is a plan to transform the roster into one that can actually compete for a title in 2021. Otherwise, give me 5 years of Lue and minor roster tweaks to see if our "stars" have what it takes to make a Finals run some day.

With Simmons the Sixers had a legitimate chance of being in the finals this year, so I'm not super worried about the chances. They need to figure out the complementary pieces in order to have a good chance of winning the finals and not just making it.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#633 » by 51X3RF4N » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:03 pm

agiaco wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:

With Simmons the Sixers had a legitimate chance of being in the finals this year, so I'm not super worried about the chances. They need to figure out the complementary pieces in order to have a good chance of winning the finals and not just making it.
Yeah I don't see it like that. Even with Simmons, I'm not sure this team had a shot. They wouldn't have beaten Miami or Toronto, and probably still would've lost to Boston.

I just think Harris and Richardson were required to be just decent in order for the Sixers to go anywhere, and they were putrid.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#634 » by agiaco » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:06 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
agiaco wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:Yeah, I mean I'm behind Lue over MDA unless there is a plan to transform the roster into one that can actually compete for a title in 2021. Otherwise, give me 5 years of Lue and minor roster tweaks to see if our "stars" have what it takes to make a Finals run some day.

Yeah I don't see it like that. Even with Simmons, I'm not sure this team had a shot. They wouldn't have beaten Miami or Toronto, and probably still would've lost to Boston.

I just think Harris and Richardson were required to be just decent in order for the Sixers to go anywhere, and they were putrid.

Those three teams are the same tier as the Sixers w/ Simmons. They very well could have beaten any or all 3 to get to the finals. Obviously we will never know, but just the defensive impact would have slowed Tatum/Brown/Walker enough to beat Boston. A matter of opinion, but I think people are forgetting how good Ben really is.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#635 » by 76ciology » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:08 am

After watching the teams in the play-offs, I don’t see how a team would hire Brett if they wish to contend for the title.

Given that I find the FO making a mistake extending his contract. And this is now leading us to have a hard time “overpaying” Lue.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#636 » by 76ciology » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:09 am

I read a book today about having more information doesn’t usually lead to more accuracy, but it just makes you more confident. And being more confident makes you less flexible.

I feel this can be applied to our analytic team and Brett.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,595

Post#637 » by youngcrev » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:38 am

76ciology wrote:I read a book today about having more information doesn’t usually lead to more accuracy, but it just makes you more confident. And being more confident makes you less flexible.

Depends on whether you are only using that new information to reinforce existing opinions, like you seem to be doing with that book and Brett :)
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,082

Post#638 » by Sixerscan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:23 am

youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:I read a book today about having more information doesn’t usually lead to more accuracy, but it just makes you more confident. And being more confident makes you less flexible.

Depends on whether you are only using that new information to reinforce existing opinions, like you seem to be doing with that book and Brett :)

lol
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,737

Post#639 » by 76thBearCub » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:02 am

51X3RF4N wrote:
It can't be worse? Really? Don't curse us!

It can most certainly be worse.

Some are too young to remember the Snider owned 6ers that were satisfied with a low playoff seed every year. Hate the current ownership in a different way but at least you can't call them complacent.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#640 » by eagereyez » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:23 am

If it comes down to Pringles vs Lue, I'll go with Pringles. This will probably be his last chance to get an NBA ring before he retires, so I expect him to be all-in on winning. With Lue, it sounds like he's just trying to cash in on being carried by Lebron. Lebron carried 5 different coaches to the finals and it looks like Spo will be the only one to get there again without him.

All that said I'd rather see the Sixers bring in someone fresh. I don't know much about college coaches, but I'm sure the next Brad Stevens or Nick Nurse is out there somewhere.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers