Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

thejuice17
Junior
And1: 25

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#901 » by thejuice17 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:26 am

XDevilBoiX wrote:
thejuice17 wrote:
eso3 wrote:Looked slow today, like he couldn’t jump at all. Maybe that explains why he didn’t demand the ball in the post more. This was the moment. After whinnying in the media, with Butler out and against his biggest rival (?) in the NBA.

But no. He looked pretty happy shooting threes at times.

Just play Joel. Don’t think of shots, threes, mvps, anything. Set good screens, block, rebound, shoot when open, demand post position, feed off the double team. Just play.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

simmons killed embiid's game..................nuff said

I wouldn’t put it on Simmons, more on Brett for the offense scheme.

BB throught simmons is more important than embiid
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,711

Post#902 » by eyeatoma » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:54 am

thejuice17 wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:
thejuice17 wrote:simmons killed embiid's game..................nuff said

I wouldn’t put it on Simmons, more on Brett for the offense scheme.

What do you mean?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#903 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:55 pm

With Brett there is a hierarchy preference, and Simmons is at the top. Everyone else needs to move out of the way.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,843

Post#904 » by phillynative » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:With Brett there is a hierarchy preference, and Simmons is at the top. Everyone else needs to move out of the way.

He may be trying to develop Simmons offensively, so he can be more of a threat by the playoffs. Still doesn't negate hes on the perimeter and refuses to shoot but I think everything is a work in progress between Butler, Simmons and Biid.
thejuice17
Junior

Post#905 » by thejuice17 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:07 am

eyeatoma wrote:
thejuice17 wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:I wouldn’t put it on Simmons, more on Brett for the offense scheme.

What do you mean?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Brent thought embiid stay at three point line due to future basketball issue,he through embiid need give the post to Simmons than embiid

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#906 » by downtownpie » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:04 am

phillynative wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:With Brett there is a hierarchy preference, and Simmons is at the top. Everyone else needs to move out of the way.

He may be trying to develop Simmons offensively, so he can be more of a threat by the playoffs. Still doesn't negate hes on the perimeter and refuses to shoot but I think everything is a work in progress between Butler, Simmons and Biid.

Any sane person can see BB is developing Simmons game in the post. It's not about preferencing him over Embiid it's about adding weapons to create opportunities for the future (this year and the next 10).

Some of the commentary in here about Simmons is ridiculous.
thejuice17
Junior

Post#907 » by thejuice17 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:29 pm

downtownpie wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Any sane person can see BB is developing Simmons game in the post. It's not about preferencing him over Embiid it's about adding weapons to create opportunities for the future (this year and the next 10).

Some of the commentary in here about Simmons is ridiculous.
Simmons's talent is overrated

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,712

Post#908 » by rzzzzz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:37 pm

the national commenters last night, at halftime, said that Indiana would have to make some adjustments because Biid was killing them. i keep reading where Biid;s tired after one half, his legs are heavy, etc. but, mostly, coaches make adjustments. they clog the paint. they double team. i think we got to learn to anticipate these adjustments, while making our own adjustments. that's not to say that our bench isn't killing us in general, and our perimeter defense in particular, but we do got an mvp calibre player along with an all star, along with a kid who has real athleticism, and we might need to deploy them differently as the game progresses.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#909 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:04 pm

rzzzzz wrote:the national commenters last night, at halftime, said that Indiana would have to make some adjustments because Biid was killing them. i keep reading where Biid;s tired after one half, his legs are heavy, etc. but, mostly, coaches make adjustments. they clog the paint. they double team. i think we got to learn to anticipate these adjustments, while making our own adjustments. that's not to say that our bench isn't killing us in general, and our perimeter defense in particular, but we do got an mvp calibre player along with an all star, along with a kid who has real athleticism, and we might need to deploy them differently as the game progresses.

This is true, but Embiid was visibly tired in 2nd half, his effort on D was really bad because of that, he was allowing layups and not securing rebounds. This is not a gameplan thing, as much as I despise Brett. Dude needs to commit to seriously improve his fitness this next offseason, probably his eating habits are the culprit here, but this is just an assumption with not much basis other than his past comments about how much he loves to eat, shirley temples, etc.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#910 » by PLO » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:47 am

Read on Twitter
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#911 » by downtownpie » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:the national commenters last night, at halftime, said that Indiana would have to make some adjustments because Biid was killing them. i keep reading where Biid;s tired after one half, his legs are heavy, etc. but, mostly, coaches make adjustments. they clog the paint. they double team. i think we got to learn to anticipate these adjustments, while making our own adjustments. that's not to say that our bench isn't killing us in general, and our perimeter defense in particular, but we do got an mvp calibre player along with an all star, along with a kid who has real athleticism, and we might need to deploy them differently as the game progresses.

This is true, but Embiid was visibly tired in 2nd half, his effort on D was really bad because of that, he was allowing layups and not securing rebounds. This is not a gameplan thing, as much as I despise Brett. Dude needs to commit to seriously improve his fitness this next offseason, probably his eating habits are the culprit here, but this is just an assumption with not much basis other than his past comments about how much he loves to eat, shirley temples, etc.

Tired or did he have a case of couldn't be f..ked?
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#912 » by thenbaman » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Maybe its the new swimsuit model girlfriend,lol
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,158

Post#913 » by Negrodamus » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:18 am

I don't really know how a person "looks" like they can't read, but I can guarantee that Embiid speaks more languages and is baseline more intelligent than these mouth breathers.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,050

Post#914 » by Stanford » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:24 am

Negrodamus wrote:I don't really know how a person "looks" like they can't read.

That's how I usually describe people from Cleveland.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,883

Post#915 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:02 pm

1.29 DRPM. 33rd among centers
27ppg on 58TS% 1.69 ORPM.

1.) why is his DRPM lower than previous years?
2.) why low ORPM relative to TS% and ppg?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#916 » by youngcrev » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:18 pm

76ciology wrote:1.29 DRPM. 33rd among centers

Just to throw out a possible explanation

1) The combination of minutes and offensive work load. The lineups he has been asked to carry defensively probably haven't helped either, but I'm not sure how exactly that gets factored in.

2) It's up from last year. Bigs don't seem to fair that well in ORPM for whatever reason. It might just be that post offense isn't all that conducive to overall offensive efficiency, particularly without great shooters playing off of him.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,883

Post#917 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:31 pm

youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:1.29 DRPM. 33rd among centers

Just to throw out a possible explanation

1) The combination of minutes and offensive work load. The lineups he has been asked to carry defensively probably haven't helped either, but I'm not sure how exactly that gets factored in.

2) It's up from last year. Bigs don't seem to fair that well in ORPM for whatever reason. It might just be that post offense isn't all that conducive to overall offensive efficiency, particularly without great shooters playing off of him.

To add..

Muscala has 1.61 DRPM. That's higher than Embiid
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,030

Post#918 » by Mik317 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Embiid plays a lot of minutes w/ the bench mob. Muscala plays a lit w/ Ben and Jimmy.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#919 » by LloydFree » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Image

I don't really know how a person "looks" like they can't read, but I can guarantee that Embiid speaks more languages and is baseline more intelligent than these mouth breathers.

They still do this kind of thing in 2018? They used to do this to Patrick Ewing in the '80s at the Palestra, but I would have thought people would be too embarrassed to do that in this day and age.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 673

Post#920 » by Monix » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:15 pm

never underestimate racism in America

Return to Philadelphia 76ers