ImageImageImage

Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Will Iguodala be a Sixer when the draft is over?

Yes, he won't be traded
45%
No, he'll be traded
55%

Total votes: 71

tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Re: Think Iguodala's still a Sixer by the draft's conclusion 

Post#61 » by tk76 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:01 pm

corwin wrote: Seriously, the guy is Wharton School, yet It was almost like he was bidding against himself & like he had never heard of a de-escalating or flat contract.

Stefanski worked in the mortgage business before the NBA.

He signed Iguodala to a 5 year exploding ARM.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Re: Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion 

Post#62 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:06 pm

I think niche players like Thad are very tricky to handle. They produce great value to a team while they're on their rookie deals. After that though, I don't think it makes sense fiscally or logically to retain them for anything more than $6.5-$7 mill a year.

Travis Outlaw got 5 years, $35 mill from Thorn just last summer. You can best believe any finalized deal with Young will be $20-25 mill more than that. And IMO, that's just terrible for this organization.
EBrandEra
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#63 » by EBrandEra » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Under a new CBA, which will likely result in a lower cap and, eventually, a hard cap, I don't see Thad getting $11 mill a year.

Its tough to base what Thad's market value will be without knowing the parameters of a new CBA, but I don't see Thad getting eight figures a year under a new CBA.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#64 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Best case scenario would be for a team to take Thad off our hands. I think PF minutes need to be allocated to guys that can rebound and defend.
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#65 » by KrazySixersD » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:17 pm

im probably in the minority, but i think both the clips and warriors deal would be a good thing, assuming we get the small pieces attached that we want..

but if we got kaman to pair with brand... our front court would be legit... we now pair that with a more improved jrue, so now we have big men and a legit PG... a top scoring bench as well.

if turner improves AT ALL, this is a good team.

look at kamans last few weeks last year.. the guy is still a top center.. his last 6 games alone he averaged just about 3 bpg

look at his numbers from late feburary on through the rest of the year... im sorry but im taking that over iguodala.. if he doesnt work out, he walks.. simple as that
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#66 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:21 pm

I might as well be in the minority, but I don't think this team misses a beat without Iguodala. I actually think this team works significantly better without his presence. Turner and Jrue deferred to him subconsciously. Once he's gone, both of them will be making a name for themselves on a nightly basis.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,753

Post#67 » by Sixersftw » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:22 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:
look at his numbers from late feburary on through the rest of the year... im sorry but im taking that over iguodala.. if he doesnt work out, he walks.. simple as that

He played 32 games. he doesn't play a whole lot. He is also really inefficient and is a poor defender. Blocks and steal stats mean little to me. This is a salary dump, plain and simple.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#68 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:24 pm

We just went through a season with Spencer Hawes as our primary center and we performed pretty well on the defensive side. Why are people all the sudden worried about Kamen being a liability? He's a significant upgrade over Hawes on the defensive side of the ball in addition to other areas.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#69 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:27 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:but if we got kaman to pair with brand... our front court would be legit...

For 40 games a year. The other 40 we would have close to the worst defense the NBA.

Actually the defense would probably still be awful in the 40 games he did play.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,753

Post#70 » by Sixersftw » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Kobblehead wrote:We just went through a season with Spencer Hawes as our primary center and we performed pretty well on the defensive side. Why are people all the sudden worried about Kamen being a liability? He's a significant upgrade over Hawes on the defensive side of the ball in addition to other areas.

Kaman is barely an upgrade on the defensive side imo. That defense that preformed pretty well w Spawes also had the best wing defender in the league. the 2011 (or later) team wouldn't.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
still in payne
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#71 » by still in payne » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Just saw this on hoopshype.com Rumors page.

Aran Smith: Sources have confirmed rumored Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade. It's on the 76ers table if they want it. Twitter

Interesting...although I was hoping for a better deal.
FreesFro
Pro Prospect
And1: 274

Post#72 » by FreesFro » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:34 pm

This is great. When Iggy is ours he's an overrated, overpaid, bad shooting, disappearing in crunch time stiff. Now when we want/need to trade him he's a Hall of Famer all of a sudden. You guys crack me up. Which one is it?
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#73 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Looks like Golden State couldn't find a better deal. Knowing that, the Sixers should hold out for more. Get them to include a pick swap or Udoh.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#74 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:35 pm

I will say this..if ellis for iguodala straight up is truly offered by the W's, I think the Sixers will take that over the LAC deal. What I heard was Biedrins had to be in the deal before and that made us decline. If that has changed.....and its straight up......then I believe Monta is still a real possibility. But its very different from what I heard about the GSW situation.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#75 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:38 pm

SF, are the Sixers trying to trade Iguodala to get out from under his contract? Or did something happen behind the scenes to make them feel that they HAVE to trade him?

They can't actually think Ellis is a better player/better fit for this team. It would be a disaster.
F-Stop
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#76 » by F-Stop » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:39 pm

please .. Thorn better not trade w GS unless we get alot in return ie- Ellis- Epke-pick = Iggy- Speights
West came to us so we should see the advantage at least early on.
Make them respond to your way of playing not the other way around
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Iguodala doesnt want to be here. The Sixers do not want a player who doesn't want them. They also believe Evan Turner can take the next step without Iguodala here. I do not think the contract is a major issue in moving him.
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
And1: 483

Post#78 » by ZarcMumoff » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:43 pm

I swear to **** God if we trade Iggy for Monta I'll flip the **** out. Westbrook type ****, man.

By the way, who has money to spend this summer? The Pacers?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#79 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:43 pm

So he actually asked them to trade him? If he's just being pouty I would assume they would rather try to work it out with him than dump him for crap.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#80 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 pm

He hasnt publically asked for a trade but his actions gave them the feeling he didnt want to be here.

I think its a combo of Turner and him being duplicate type players and the fact that he royally ticked them off with the missed exit interview end of season.

They also know he is their most valuable asset so they need to explore that.

Its not impossible that they dont trade him.....but I think they really want to. And really want to pre lockout.

And I dont think Kaman, Aminu, 2nd round upgrade pick is complete crap to be honest. Kaman's value is his expiring. Aminu has upside. For some reason they see something in this Warren guy too..I dont know anything about him tho.

They can fill one need by dealing Iguodala..scoring or a big man(albeit temporary). Its gonna be tough to fill the other need though unless they trade their pick or a guy they want to keep(Lou)

Return to Philadelphia 76ers