ImageImageImage

Richaun Holmes

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Re: Richaun Holmes 

Post#101 » by XDevilBoiX » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:43 pm

76ciology wrote:Listening to Bb, seems like he assumes the Holmes performance is more of an outlier, because of his energy rather than fit.

If we don’t start seeing Holmes play more at the 4 with Embiid then B.B. needs to go. I am tired of not seeing him make any adjustments in game or anywhere. This guy just sticks to what he wants and knows. This team was winning because our shooters was hot, has nothing to do with him coaching what so ever. Now that they are bricking them, he has no clue on how to run the offense to keep up with the other team.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,735

Post#102 » by 76ciology » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:57 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:
76ciology wrote:Listening to Bb, seems like he assumes the Holmes performance is more of an outlier, because of his energy rather than fit.

If we don’t start seeing Holmes play more at the 4 with Embiid then B.B. needs to go. I am tired of not seeing him make any adjustments in game or anywhere. This guy just sticks to what he wants and knows. This team was winning because our shooters was hot, has nothing to do with him coaching what so ever. Now that they are bricking them, he has no clue on how to run the offense to keep up with the other team.

Part of why we’re struggling is the lack of continuity.

With the suns game, we missed TJ. With the Lakers game, we missed Dario.

BB said it how we’re finding our rhythm to start the game. And we didnt find the right rhythm until the last 3 mins of the 3rd quarter.

But yeah, Holmes should play more 4. If continuity is an issue. Start saric at 4 but play Holmes with Amir. TJ, Amir and Holmes gives you a lot of positive energy that gets me excited. :)
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#103 » by PhilasFinest » Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:52 pm

76ciology wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:

Part of why we’re struggling is the lack of continuity.

With the suns game, we missed TJ. With the Lakers game, we missed Dario.

BB said it how we’re finding our rhythm to start the game. And we didnt find the right rhythm until the last 3 mins of the 3rd quarter.

But yeah, Holmes should play more 4. If continuity is an issue. Start saric at 4 but play Holmes with Amir. TJ, Amir and Holmes gives you a lot of positive energy that gets me excited. :)

But TJ,Holmes,Amir doesn't really give you any offense.

TJ doesn't look to shoot/score. He will literally pass up a wide open lane/lay-up to try and pass it to somebody else.
Amir is allergic to offense.
Holmes needs to be assisted on almost all of his buckets outside of put backs.

If they were playing with scorers on the wings, id be ok with it....but they guys they are often paired with are not. There is simply not enough offensive ability on our bench....and its literally losing us games.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,700

Post#104 » by rzzzzz » Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:22 pm

man, you'd think the club would be celebrating (just a little) over Holmes' break-out game at the 4, next to Embiid, that could give us another line-up to throw out there against the competition. not a threat against some overarching scheme. BB can't be that rigid. after all, he's the one that deployed it last night.
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#105 » by Winejk » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:15 pm

With Simmons' passing ability, Embiid attracting so much attention, Redick creating space, the lane is ripe to be attacked by cutters. Holmes and TLC are good cutters without the ball. I think Holmes is going to be quite effective going forward.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#106 » by Skates » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:25 pm

Winejk wrote:With Simmons' passing ability, Embiid attracting so much attention, Redick creating space, the lane is ripe to be attacked by cutters. Holmes and TLC are good cutters without the ball. I think Holmes is going to be quite effective going forward.

Depends on his D. As the primary rim protector in a lineup his block chasing is a huge problem. As the secondary big not so much and his athleticism plays much better that way on defense at the 4.
MosesMalone83
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#107 » by MosesMalone83 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 10:45 pm

Winejk wrote:With Simmons' passing ability, Embiid attracting so much attention, Redick creating space, the lane is ripe to be attacked by cutters. Holmes and TLC are good cutters without the ball. I think Holmes is going to be quite effective going forward.

Spot Fn on !!!

Love his energy as well

Needs more run imo
Sixers2125
Junior
And1: 123

Post#108 » by Sixers2125 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:26 am

I've defended BB but if we don't see more embiid-holmes lineups I'll start to lose the faith.

Sent from my XT1650 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Philadelphia 76ers