ImageImageImage

Looking back, was Hinkie the right choice to carry out the rebuild?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

In hindsight, would you hire Hinkie as the GM to carry out the Sixers rebuild

Yes
73%
No
13%
Yes in 2013, but someone else moving forward
13%

Total votes: 135

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,148

Re: Looking back, was Hinkie the right choice to carry out the rebuild? 

Post#401 » by Arsenal » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:52 am

TTP wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
James40 wrote:
Being a Hinkie hater myself, I never understood why he was ripped for drafting MCW, he was what 10th or 11th? Obviously MCW didn't improve his game enough but I don't put that all on Hinkie either.

I still hate the Embiid pick and hope he proves me wrong but the MCW pick, and the Okafor pick I like and really liked at the time.

I would think a lot of people aren't going around owning this like they may have a couple of years ago.

How about that whole post?

Likes the Okafor and MCW picks.

Hates Hinkie and the Embiid pick.

Dude needs to pull a Costanza and start doing the opposite of all of his natural instincts.

LOL. Actually all you need is to hear that someone is a Hinkie hater to know that they likely aren't very intelligent. No additional evidence needed.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Re: RE: Re: Looking back, was Hinkie the right choice to carry out the rebuild? 

Post#402 » by cool93 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:07 am

TTP wrote:Morey was asked in his AMA today whether Hinkie would get another shot managing a team:

“For sure, Sam is one of the top General Managers available, he will get another chance in not too long”

Also responded “yes” when he was asked whether most league executives agree that Hinkie has a place in the league.
That's actually scary, considering he won't be with us..

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,939

Re: RE: Re: Looking back, was Hinkie the right choice to carry out the rebuild? 

Post#403 » by Foshan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:43 am

cool93 wrote:
TTP wrote:Morey was asked in his AMA today whether Hinkie would get another shot managing a team:

“For sure, Sam is one of the top General Managers available, he will get another chance in not too long”

Also responded “yes” when he was asked whether most league executives agree that Hinkie has a place in the league.
That's actually scary, considering he won't be with us..

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

agreed. I'm just gad we won't be in a place to need to make deals with him!!
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#404 » by kriss73 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:11 pm

According to this dude: [Hinkie] was essentially demoted and chose to quit rather than endure the indignity.

It's really hard to eat crows.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/nba-playoffs-preview-sixers-76ers-postseason-absence-2012-2018-miami-heat-20180413.html
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#405 » by jbent87 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:05 pm

what a weird, sloppy, unenjoyable column. Yeah, playoffs are back and that's great... but "thank you Josh Harris?" WTF?
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#406 » by jbent87 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Arsenal wrote:
TTP wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
I would think a lot of people aren't going around owning this like they may have a couple of years ago.

How about that whole post?

Likes the Okafor and MCW picks.

Hates Hinkie and the Embiid pick.

Dude needs to pull a Costanza and start doing the opposite of all of his natural instincts.

LOL. Actually all you need is to hear that someone is a Hinkie hater to know that they likely aren't very intelligent. No additional evidence needed.

Totally true. Really all you need to hear. Bringing morality into this conversation that's based on a BUSINESS (you should never lose on purpose!) is a crutch that has been kicked out time after time by now by anyone on the other pro-process side. Sold out season tickets already for next year, with a 10k person waiting list. Just absolutely dreadful logos to not sacrifice the "now" 4-5 years ago for the unlimited upside of what we are currently experiencing.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers