76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#681 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:21 am

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Image

Look at Niang's face of wonder and awe, as he stares at greatness. It's like Dr. Grant when he first saw the Brachiosaurus.

I never knew Embiid can jump that high

I never knew Kork could jump that high.

Lols.. didnt u know before turk arrived in the NBA, he was like Turkey’s version of Vince Carter in slam dunk competitions? Even George Lucas was a big fan of Korkmaz that he directed one of Korky’s slam dunk competitions
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,913

Post#682 » by mjkvol » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:09 pm

76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:
I never knew Embiid can jump that high

Lols.. didnt u know before turk arrived in the NBA, he was like Turkey’s version of Vince Carter in slam dunk competitions? Even George Lucas was a big fan of Korkmaz that he directed one of Korky’s slam dunk competitions

I did not, but I do now. Thanks.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Post#683 » by phillynative » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:16 pm

Is it some resolution that furk may be able to play some point forward /combo guard moving forward?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#684 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:58 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#685 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:03 pm

phillynative wrote:Is it some resolution that furk may be able to play some point forward /combo guard moving forward?

He seems much better running the two man game
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#686 » by mjkvol » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:21 pm

76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I didn't know it was possible to like him even more, but that did it.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,195

Post#687 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:50 pm

76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:

:lol:

I love how he kindly picks up after himself.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#688 » by TTP » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:13 pm

I demand more Point Korkmaz.

The pass at 0:35 in this video was disgusting. The defense couldn't tell if he was going to shoot a floater or lob it to Drummond and he did neither - instead he finds the wide open Niang in the opposite side corner. That's a hard pass to find even without the wizardry. He does a similar one at 2:08 as well, again to Niang.

jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#689 » by 76ciology » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:49 pm

TTP wrote:I demand more Point Korkmaz.

The pass at 0:35 in this video was disgusting. The defense couldn't tell if he was going to shoot a floater or lob it to Drummond and he did neither - instead he finds the wide open Niang in the opposite side corner. That's a hard pass to find even without the wizardry. He does a similar one at 2:08 as well, again to Niang.

Im wondering how good do you think he can be? Im quite impressed with his play this season. His ball handling and creating off pnr is a pleasant surprise
TTP
Head Coach

Post#690 » by TTP » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:12 pm

76ciology wrote:
Im wondering how good do you think he can be? Im quite impressed with his play this season. His ball handling and creating off pnr is a pleasant surprise

I'm not qualified to answer because I've already been proven wrong about him a few times already. He deserves a chance to start and see if he can stick though.

TTP
Head Coach

Post#691 » by TTP » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:14 pm

I had to make this after finding this awesome image from the first game:

blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 583

Post#692 » by blargh » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:23 pm

76ciology wrote:

I think Fournier is a pretty good comp for him at this point. Considering the difference in contracts, that’s a steal.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#693 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:14 am

blargh wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I think Fournier is a pretty good comp for him at this point. Considering the difference in contracts, that’s a steal.

Yes or probably something like SG version of Hedo. Those two comps are what im looking at for best case.
TTP
Head Coach

Post#694 » by TTP » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:12 am

76ciology wrote:
blargh wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Yes or probably something like SG version of Hedo. Those two comps are what im looking at for best case.

Bogdan Bogdanovic

76ciology
RealGM

Post#695 » by 76ciology » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:41 am

TTP wrote:
76ciology wrote:
blargh wrote:

Bogdan Bogdanovic

Hmm.. thats also a very good comp i never thought of that
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#696 » by mjkvol » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:33 am

TTP wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I'm not qualified to answer because I've already been proven wrong about him a few times already. He deserves a chance to start and see if he can stick though.

This might be a bit of a back handed compliment, but Kork is probably the best point guard on this roster at the moment. I think he's earned a shot at the job until a better option is found. I like Maxey much more as an 'instant offense' bench piece - that's where I think his future lies.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 583

Post#697 » by blargh » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:03 pm

Last night’s game showed his limitations, though. Against a real ballhawk like Dort or a hard trap, Furk couldn’t even hang onto the ball. Playing him with the starters means the other 4 sixers will have to constantly keep an eye out to help.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,432

Post#698 » by FlyingArrow » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:13 pm

We have enough other options, that we should only play Korkmaz for his Korklord games. Let him stay in the second string, but as soon as his shooting falls below 50%, conclude it's not a Korklord game and then he's done for the night. If that's only a single missed shot and only 3 mpg, so be it. Give the other minutes to Danny, Niang, Milton, Joe. Or more minutes for the starters.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers