ImageImageImage

Welcome Furkan Korkmaz

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Samsun85
Freshman
Posts: 59
And1: 17
Joined: Dec 23, 2017

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#601 » by Samsun85 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Embiid seems to like him off and on court. He shares the ball a lot with him on the field and trusts him.

Sent from my EML-L29 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Bum Adebayo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,355
And1: 2,007
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
Location: In Spain...with and without the S
 

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#602 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Samsun85 wrote:Embiid seems to like him off and on court. He shares the ball a lot with him on the field and trusts him.

Sent from my EML-L29 using RealGM mobile app


Not surprising, Embiid can see talent, unlike Brett who has no clue.
Member of TSU - Trade Simmons University
Ben Simmons sucks, and you know it.
SimmonsWillNeverBeGood
Monix
Senior
Posts: 590
And1: 375
Joined: Jan 20, 2017

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#603 » by Monix » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:51 pm

even in one of his good games - he can't guard and had 2 huge turnovers trying to enter the ball to Simmons down the stretch

IIRC, the Nets were screening with Redick to get Korkmaz on the ball

he's a guy who can play some minutes in the regular season along side guys who can get him wide open looks (Butler, Simmons, Embiid) but won't help you in the playoffs
Monix
Senior
Posts: 590
And1: 375
Joined: Jan 20, 2017

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#604 » by Monix » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Chris76 wrote:His floor is a better play making Bellinelli?

his likely outcome is more like Hollis Thompson
User avatar
Arsenal
RealGM
Posts: 11,564
And1: 6,415
Joined: Jun 05, 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
 

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#605 » by Arsenal » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:33 pm

Monix wrote:even in one of his good games - he can't guard and had 2 huge turnovers trying to enter the ball to Simmons down the stretch

IIRC, the Nets were screening with Redick to get Korkmaz on the ball

he's a guy who can play some minutes in the regular season along side guys who can get him wide open looks (Butler, Simmons, Embiid) but won't help you in the playoffs


That might be correct. However I'm incredulous at the number of fans who are willing to write the kid off and talk about what he can't/won't do. He is only 21 years old and already made a big improvement from his age 20 season. From my perspective there is still significant upside.
User avatar
Bum Adebayo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,355
And1: 2,007
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
Location: In Spain...with and without the S
 

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#606 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:10 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Monix wrote:even in one of his good games - he can't guard and had 2 huge turnovers trying to enter the ball to Simmons down the stretch

IIRC, the Nets were screening with Redick to get Korkmaz on the ball

he's a guy who can play some minutes in the regular season along side guys who can get him wide open looks (Butler, Simmons, Embiid) but won't help you in the playoffs


That might be correct. However I'm incredulous at the number of fans who are willing to write the kid off and talk about what he can't/won't do. He is only 21 years old and already made a big improvement from his age 20 season. From my perspective there is still significant upside.


Yeah, with Simmons "He is only 22 years old", with Fultz "he is still a kid, he can improve so much", with Furkan it seems no more improvement is possible :roll:
Member of TSU - Trade Simmons University
Ben Simmons sucks, and you know it.
SimmonsWillNeverBeGood
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 48,421
And1: 11,914
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#607 » by Stanford » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:12 pm

I will correct myself: Furk has more trade value than Jabari Parker.
Image
obispo
Sophomore
Posts: 176
And1: 164
Joined: Aug 24, 2016
   

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#608 » by obispo » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:03 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Monix wrote:even in one of his good games - he can't guard and had 2 huge turnovers trying to enter the ball to Simmons down the stretch

IIRC, the Nets were screening with Redick to get Korkmaz on the ball

he's a guy who can play some minutes in the regular season along side guys who can get him wide open looks (Butler, Simmons, Embiid) but won't help you in the playoffs


That might be correct. However I'm incredulous at the number of fans who are willing to write the kid off and talk about what he can't/won't do. He is only 21 years old and already made a big improvement from his age 20 season. From my perspective there is still significant upside.


Yeah, with Simmons "He is only 22 years old", with Fultz "he is still a kid, he can improve so much", with Furkan it seems no more improvement is possible :roll:
Yes he has talent to improve to a god NBA player. Some teams will give the chance he needs. last year he was injured and couldn't improved his body enough. Give him the next summer before judge.

MI 6 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#609 » by phillynative » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:35 pm

BIG NEWS

Furkan korkmaz has gone from a 71 to a 75 in NBA 2k19....
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 24,392
And1: 5,817
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#610 » by youngcrev » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Monix wrote:even in one of his good games - he can't guard and had 2 huge turnovers trying to enter the ball to Simmons down the stretch

IIRC, the Nets were screening with Redick to get Korkmaz on the ball

he's a guy who can play some minutes in the regular season along side guys who can get him wide open looks (Butler, Simmons, Embiid) but won't help you in the playoffs


That might be correct. However I'm incredulous at the number of fans who are willing to write the kid off and talk about what he can't/won't do. He is only 21 years old and already made a big improvement from his age 20 season. From my perspective there is still significant upside.


Yeah, with Simmons "He is only 22 years old", with Fultz "he is still a kid, he can improve so much", with Furkan it seems no more improvement is possible :roll:


:roll: indeed

Who says Furkan can't improve? Aren't you one of the big Ben haters on the board? I think you're just projecting.
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 24,392
And1: 5,817
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#611 » by youngcrev » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:40 pm

obispo wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
That might be correct. However I'm incredulous at the number of fans who are willing to write the kid off and talk about what he can't/won't do. He is only 21 years old and already made a big improvement from his age 20 season. From my perspective there is still significant upside.


Yeah, with Simmons "He is only 22 years old", with Fultz "he is still a kid, he can improve so much", with Furkan it seems no more improvement is possible :roll:
Yes he has talent to improve to a god NBA player. Some teams will give the chance he needs. last year he was injured and couldn't improved his body enough. Give him the next summer before judge.

MI 6 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi


If you think about it, there's probably more opportunity for Furkan to get on the floor here (right now) than there would be on any other team in the league. It's a great chance for him to audition his skills for the rest of the league and try to latch on with a team this summer.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,767
And1: 992
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#612 » by phillynative » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:55 pm

He reminds me of a raw version of Evan fournier
User avatar
Bum Adebayo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,355
And1: 2,007
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
Location: In Spain...with and without the S
 

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#613 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:53 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
That might be correct. However I'm incredulous at the number of fans who are willing to write the kid off and talk about what he can't/won't do. He is only 21 years old and already made a big improvement from his age 20 season. From my perspective there is still significant upside.


Yeah, with Simmons "He is only 22 years old", with Fultz "he is still a kid, he can improve so much", with Furkan it seems no more improvement is possible :roll:


:roll: indeed

Who says Furkan can't improve? Aren't you one of the big Ben haters on the board? I think you're just projecting.


Many people saying it is ok to decline his 2m option, while being ok with paying 10m for Fultz. And this has nothing to do with Ben, just comparing the double standard while discussing upside of players.
Member of TSU - Trade Simmons University
Ben Simmons sucks, and you know it.
SimmonsWillNeverBeGood
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 8,769
And1: 2,310
Joined: Jun 28, 2002

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#614 » by sixers hoops » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:42 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Yeah, with Simmons "He is only 22 years old", with Fultz "he is still a kid, he can improve so much", with Furkan it seems no more improvement is possible :roll:


:roll: indeed

Who says Furkan can't improve? Aren't you one of the big Ben haters on the board? I think you're just projecting.


Many people saying it is ok to decline his 2m option, while being ok with paying 10m for Fultz. And this has nothing to do with Ben, just comparing the double standard while discussing upside of players.


I mostly read outrage on this forum over declining his option.
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 24,392
And1: 5,817
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#615 » by youngcrev » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:50 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Yeah, with Simmons "He is only 22 years old", with Fultz "he is still a kid, he can improve so much", with Furkan it seems no more improvement is possible :roll:


:roll: indeed

Who says Furkan can't improve? Aren't you one of the big Ben haters on the board? I think you're just projecting.


Many people saying it is ok to decline his 2m option, while being ok with paying 10m for Fultz. And this has nothing to do with Ben, just comparing the double standard while discussing upside of players.


I don't think it's a double standard. Furkan being able to improve and Furkan having the same level of upside as Fultz and Ben are two different things. Fultz situation is a little different where his improvement is based on getting his shoulder situation taken care of, but IF he's able to do that, we're talking about a guy that was taken #1 overall last year.

As for the decision not to pick up his option, I was puzzled by it (particularly after dropping 40 in that summer league game), but I didn't really care. Seemed like someone they could of moved pretty easily if they needed to free up that tiny bit of salary, but ultimately it's likely an inconsequential move. They got to see him everyday and I assume didn't like what they saw.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 8,769
And1: 2,310
Joined: Jun 28, 2002

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#616 » by sixers hoops » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:59 pm

I think some people are down playing his upside because we will be unable to re-sign him either way. He obviously could be a good rotational piece with his skillset.
youngcrev
RealGM
Posts: 24,392
And1: 5,817
Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Location: Philadelphia(ish)
   

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#617 » by youngcrev » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:22 pm

sixers hoops wrote:I think some people are down playing his upside because we will be unable to re-sign him either way. He obviously could be a good rotational piece with his skillset.


I don't know that it's so much being down played as it is that his upside became kind of inconsequential when the Sixers made that decision. I also don't know that it's a foregone conclusion someone will give him more than the 2M the Sixers can pay him.
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,386
And1: 724
Joined: Aug 09, 2014
   

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#618 » by SexDrugsPnR » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:35 pm

what's confusing me is how many people in this forum have moved on from a mindset of "every asset is valuable" to now saying that giving away young players for free "doesn't move the needle". a few years ago every late 2nd rounder that hinkie squeezed out of a 3 team deal was celebrated. these little things still matter. the fact that the team is now winning 50 games doesn't change that.
brett is running an 8-man rotation on most nights because the team is so thin, but somehow young improving role players are called "replacable" and then you look at how to replace them and you realise that we're paying the ghost of wilson chandler almost 13 mil. a year.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 8,769
And1: 2,310
Joined: Jun 28, 2002

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#619 » by sixers hoops » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:49 pm

SexDrugsPnR wrote:what's confusing me is how many people in this forum have moved on from a mindset of "every asset is valuable" to now saying that giving away young players for free "doesn't move the needle". a few years ago every late 2nd rounder that hinkie squeezed out of a 3 team deal was celebrated. these little things still matter. the fact that the team is now winning 50 games doesn't change that.
brett is running an 8-man rotation on most nights because the team is so thin, but somehow young improving role players are called "replacable" and then you look at how to replace them and you realise that we're paying the ghost of wilson chandler almost 13 mil. a year.


Back when Hinkie got 2nds for garbage, those players would actually make the roster. Now, anyone drafted in the 40’s and 50’s will likely not make the team.

I still like a few seconds to take flyers on some stash players. I’m not sure a lot of players drafted after 40 or so make rosters of playoff teams. However, good GMs can certainly get good pieces with 2nd round picks.

I think using Korkmaz in our rotation right now is probably more valuable than what people believe we can get in return.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 8,769
And1: 2,310
Joined: Jun 28, 2002

Re: Welcome Furkan Korkmaz 

Post#620 » by sixers hoops » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:52 pm

youngcrev wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:I think some people are down playing his upside because we will be unable to re-sign him either way. He obviously could be a good rotational piece with his skillset.


I also don't know that it's a foregone conclusion someone will give him more than the 2M the Sixers can pay him.


Neither do I, but it’s a pretty small amount so I imagine he gets it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers