Winter is Here: Welcome Dario Saric

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Re: Winter is Here: Welcome Dario Saric 

Post#681 » by Acountant_Z » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:16 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
Acountant_Z wrote:Dario is not a good fit for Sixers and Sixers are a terrible fit for him. Sixers are loaded with young talent and there is just no place in the team for Saric. It would be great for all parties if a trade can be worked out that benefits everyone. He is an unbelievably good player but will struggle in Philly. I hope I am wrong.

The only way that he becomes a bad fit is if he becomes so good that he has to start. Coming off the bench and playing 28-30 minutes a night is a great role for him, and he will be terrific leading the second unit, and then playing with the starters late in games based on foul trouble or matchups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo! He is a starter quality guy and more. Either he doesn't get a proper chance or he gets in the way of someone like Simmons.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#682 » by Ericb5 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 am

Acountant_Z wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:
Acountant_Z wrote:Dario is not a good fit for Sixers and Sixers are a terrible fit for him. Sixers are loaded with young talent and there is just no place in the team for Saric. It would be great for all parties if a trade can be worked out that benefits everyone. He is an unbelievably good player but will struggle in Philly. I hope I am wrong.

The only way that he becomes a bad fit is if he becomes so good that he has to start. Coming off the bench and playing 28-30 minutes a night is a great role for him, and he will be terrific leading the second unit, and then playing with the starters late in games based on foul trouble or matchups.

Bingo! He is a starter quality guy and more. Either he doesn't get a proper chance or he gets in the way of someone like Simmons.

If he ends up being that good then it will create problems, but good problems. I think he ends up being a terrific 6th man type and will be a valuable member of our team going forward.

bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Winter is Here: Welcome Dario Saric 

Post#683 » by bball4life » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:22 am

Acountant_Z wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

He's going to play significant minutes whether he starts or not. Good teams have more than 5 starter quality players. And I'd argue his value is enhanced and not stifled beating up on second units and playing some point forward while Simmons rests. Perfect guy to have that can fill several roles.

ziggy77
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#684 » by ziggy77 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 2:01 pm

Ok game of Dario in the win vs Hungary. 15pts 2reb 2as 2st 2blk in 35min.

One highlight at the end of 2nd quater -
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,591

Re: RE: Re: Winter is Here: Welcome Dario Saric 

Post#685 » by sixerswillrule » Fri Sep 1, 2017 2:16 pm

Acountant_Z wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

Sounds like Iguodala and Turner all over again.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#686 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 1, 2017 4:22 pm

Saric or healthy Jabari Parker?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#687 » by Unbreakable99 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 5:58 pm

76ciology wrote:Saric or healthy Jabari Parker?

Parker.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#688 » by 76ciology » Sat Sep 2, 2017 1:07 am

Just saw the stats. Yeah, jabari is a better scorer and shooter by a big margin.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#689 » by Mik317 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 1:18 am

Jabari is a better shooter than Dario ATM. Longer too IIRC. His injury history however makes it closer though
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#690 » by Sixerscan » Sat Sep 2, 2017 1:44 am

Mik317 wrote:Jabari is a better shooter than Dario ATM. Longer too IIRC. His injury history however makes it closer though

Two years less on his rookie deal also.

But yeah there's no question Jabari is better.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#691 » by Chris76 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 3:07 am

Sixerscan wrote:
Mik317 wrote:Jabari is a better shooter than Dario ATM. Longer too IIRC. His injury history however makes it closer though

Two years less on his rookie deal also.

But yeah there's no question Jabari is better.

Jabari had 20pts, 6rbds, in 34 mins.
Saric had 13pts, 6rbds, in 26 mins.

Saric is a good passer, he helps with ball movement. A mobile 6'10 playmaker that is very strong should be a good option for certain matchups. Saric + Simmons could be a big forward combination.

Jabari was very impressive, too. Hopefully, he recovers well.
ziggy77
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#692 » by ziggy77 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 11:27 am

Well if Saric played whole season as the last couple of months where he had team in his hand his stats would be much better.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#693 » by Ericb5 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 6:49 pm

Parker is more talented, with more potential, but Saric in a bench role for us is better than having Parker in that role.

Parker has to start and he wouldn't work well in the starting lineup with Simmons.

agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#694 » by agiaco » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:12 am

Jabari if he's healthy but I'm a huge Dario fan. I like Dario over jabari with his currently injury problems. Also agree with Ericb5 that Saric is perfect for the bench role whereas Jabari thrives more as a starter and top scoring option.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#695 » by shawn_hemp » Sun Sep 3, 2017 1:49 am

Saric is not the type of person who will demand to be a starter (see:Noel)

He won't complain if he is asked to come off the bench, and considering he has the ability to make players around him better, I would rather have him help our rotation players get better looks.

It's basically gonna be our post-Embiid team from last year with a thinner Jah as our bench.

That's why I'm so hyped for this season. Not solely for Simmons, Fultz, and Embiid, but for the rest of our team as well.

Even after Embiid went down, our team last year was the most competitive it's been since Jrue left. They played a lot of good teams pretty close, and had some cool moments.

That team, with the exception of Roco, is now our bench.

I would imagine one of Korkmaz, TLC, or Saric possibly will replace Anderson at some point behind Roco

There's so many lineups you could role out with this team and I'm interested to see how BB works it

I try to tell myself to stay realistic all the time but the more I think about it, if Embiid plays >60 games, we could easily get to 50 wins. Our team is sick, and I don't feel like a homer for saying that.

All of the players are buying in, BB is supposedly a good coach, the WFC will be selling way more tickets

Something big is about to happen, and I've been waiting for a good while for it to happen.

I mean, just go down the East

Atlanta better than us? No
    Boston - Yes
    Brooklyn - No
    Chicago - No
    Charlotte? Debatable
    Cleveland - Yes
    Detroit - no
    Indiana - no
    Miami - no
    Milwaukee - prob
    Knicks - ha
    Magic - not even close
    Toronto - yes
    Washington - yes

We are going to the playoffs. Prob 5-6 seed
    the_process
    RealGM
    And1: 8,673

Post#696 » by the_process » Sun Sep 3, 2017 5:13 am

shawn_hemp wrote:I mean, just go down the East

Boston - Yes
    Brooklyn - No
    Chicago - No
    Charlotte? Debatable
    Cleveland - Yes
    Detroit - no
    Indiana - no
    Miami - no
    Milwaukee - prob
    Knicks - ha
    Magic - not even close
    Toronto - yes
    Washington - yes

With Embiid healthy the majority of the year, the Sixers should be at least a 6 seed, I could agree on that. But the more realistic way IMO to look at it is what teams are better than the Sixers without Embiid. That changes your list to:

Atlanta - no
    Boston - yes
    Brooklyn - no
    Chicago - no
    Charlotte - yes
    Cleveland - yes
    Detroit - maybe
    Indiana - outside shot
    Miami - yes
    Milwaukee - yes
    Knicks - no
    Magic - no
    Toronto - yes
    Washington - yes

And that puts the Sixers as a 8-10 seed. Which is a big step up by itself.
    shawn_hemp
    Starter
    And1: 1,194

Post#697 » by shawn_hemp » Sun Sep 3, 2017 1:00 pm

the_process wrote:

Boston - Yes
    Brooklyn - No
    Chicago - No
    Charlotte? Debatable
    Cleveland - Yes
    Detroit - no
    Indiana - no
    Miami - no
    Milwaukee - prob
    Knicks - ha
    Magic - not even close
    Toronto - yes
    Washington - yes

With Embiid healthy the majority of the year, the Sixers should be at least a 6 seed, I could agree on that. But the more realistic way IMO to look at it is what teams are better than the Sixers without Embiid. That changes your list to:

Atlanta - no
    Boston - yes
    Brooklyn - no
    Chicago - no
    Charlotte - yes
    Cleveland - yes
    Detroit - maybe
    Indiana - outside shot
    Miami - yes
    Milwaukee - yes
    Knicks - no
    Magic - no
    Toronto - yes
    Washington - yes

I could see Indiana being better than expected this year actually. Myles Turner will probably get a lot more touches this season and he has shown a lot of potential so far. Not to mention, he has played a lot of minutes. 31.4 MPG in 81 games last year.

It made me think of this scenario:

would you swap Embiid for Myles Turner right now if that were somehow possible?

Embiid might be the better player, but Myles Turner is actually, you know, playing...
    Mrcrockpots
    Junior
    And1: 172

Post#698 » by Mrcrockpots » Sun Sep 3, 2017 1:28 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:
    the_process wrote:

Boston - Yes
    Brooklyn - No
    Chicago - No
    Charlotte? Debatable
    Cleveland - Yes
    Detroit - no
    Indiana - no
    Miami - no
    Milwaukee - prob
    Knicks - ha
    Magic - not even close
    Toronto - yes
    Washington - yes

Atlanta - no
    Boston - yes
    Brooklyn - no
    Chicago - no
    Charlotte - yes
    Cleveland - yes
    Detroit - maybe
    Indiana - outside shot
    Miami - yes
    Milwaukee - yes
    Knicks - no
    Magic - no
    Toronto - yes
    Washington - yes

I could see Indiana being better than expected this year actually. Myles Turner will probably get a lot more touches this season and he has shown a lot of potential so far. Not to mention, he has played a lot of minutes. 31.4 MPG in 81 games last year.

It made me think of this scenario:

would you swap Embiid for Myles Turner right now if that were somehow possible?

Embiid might be the better player, but Myles Turner is actually, you know, playing

No chance. We've come way too far to make a deal like that. I'm rolling the dice with Embiid.
    BoomBap
    Bench Warmer
    And1: 401

Post#699 » by BoomBap » Sun Sep 3, 2017 1:33 pm

Nope, I wouldn't do that. Biid is our FP and if he stays healthy a Top 5 Player/MVP Candidate. Turner is a great player, but he's not gonna win us some ships. And the process is all about winning championships. I don't want to end up like the more talented Atlanta Hawks. I couldn't care less about some playoff streaks or conference titles. I want to see the Sixers win it all!
    Mrcrockpots
    Junior
    And1: 172

Post#700 » by Mrcrockpots » Sun Sep 3, 2017 1:52 pm

BoomBap wrote:Nope, I wouldn't do that. Biid is our FP and if he stays healthy a Top 5 Player/MVP Candidate. Turner is a great player, but he's not gonna win us some ships. And the process is all about winning championships. I don't want to end up like the more talented Atlanta Hawks. I couldn't care less about some playoff streaks or conference titles. I want to see the Sixers win it all!

You mean like the 2017 Boston Celtics?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers