Winter is Here: Welcome Dario Saric

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Re: Winter is Here: Welcome Dario Saric 

Post#961 » by Stanford » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Robert Horry was good. Saric is more of an offensive player. Hope the defense comes around to Horry levels.
bobbeaver
Junior
And1: 246

Post#962 » by bobbeaver » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Stanford wrote:Robert Horry was good. Saric is more of an offensive player. Hope the defense comes around to Horry levels.

His D is improving greatly. All his team mates noted this. He does move more fluidly lately aswell which helps. But to get to Horry level he needs to be a positional and tactical master and very movement efficient since he doesnt have the athleticism to make up for it. And that takes time and alot of training. I hope he gets there. He has the smarts for it.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,040

Post#963 » by ivysixer2000 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:54 pm

bobbeaver wrote:
Stanford wrote:Robert Horry was good. Saric is more of an offensive player. Hope the defense comes around to Horry levels.

His D is improving greatly. All his team mates noted this. He does move more fluidly lately aswell which helps. But to get to Horry level he needs to be a positional and tactical master and very movement efficient since he doesnt have the athleticism to make up for it. And that takes time and alot of training. I hope he gets there. He has the smarts for it.

I just don't think Dario is like Horry, different players to me. Horry was good for a steal and block a game for his career, can't see Saric doing that. Also, as his teamates said, Horry would basically sleep walk through the season and when you got to the playoffs you would have to tap him on the shoulder and say, 'Its time to play now'. He'd be like alright, and bring it to another level.

Saric is far different, he brings it every night and he is already scoring more right now than Horry ever did in his career. Horry really helped start all this stretch 4 talk to begin with, which might be why he has so many rings. If Saric ended up with 7 rings like Horry, well I hope he is on the Sixers when he matches that.

If anyone on this team reminded me of Horry it would be Roco (we don't know if he has another level cause he hasn't been to the playoffs), or maybe Boldin if he works out.
Cheatergriffin
Pro Prospect
And1: 356

Post#964 » by Cheatergriffin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:14 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
bobbeaver wrote:

I definitely can see the skill set comps for Bolden to play like Horry.

I just don't think Dario is like Horry, different players to me. Horry was good for a steal and block a game for his career, can't see Saric doing that. Also, as his teamates said, Horry would basically sleep walk through the season and when you got to the playoffs you would have to tap him on the shoulder and say, 'Its time to play now'. He'd be like alright, and bring it to another level.

Saric is far different, he brings it every night and he is already scoring more right now than Horry ever did in his career. Horry really helped start all this stretch 4 talk to begin with, which might be why he has so many rings. If Saric ended up with 7 rings like Horry, well I hope he is on the Sixers when he matches that.

If anyone on this team reminded me of Horry it would be Roco (we don't know if he has another level cause he hasn't been to the playoffs), or maybe Boldin if he works out.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#965 » by Kolkmania » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Dario really improved his explosiveness off one foot and his foot speed. Not a liability in one-on-one situations anymore and it feels like he's made more one handed dunks last month than he did in the 1.5 years prior.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#966 » by Ericb5 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:26 pm

Kolkmania wrote:Dario really improved his explosiveness off one foot and his foot speed. Not a liability in one-on-one situations anymore and it feels like he's made more one handed dunks last month than he did in the 1.5 years prior.

I don’t put that on his athleticism. I put that on his improved outside shooting, and playing with Ben Simmons.

He needs room to dunk, and he is getting more room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#967 » by Sixerscan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:40 pm

I do find it interesting that this time last year, people were saying that he had less upside than the other rookies. Since then he has probably improved as much as any 2nd year player. Goes to show you that upside does not always equal athleticism.
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#968 » by SexDrugsPnR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:46 pm

agiaco wrote:Dude's gonna be diving over Alaa trying to save a loose ball

That's gonna be impressive, since the commentator#s booth is somewhere in row 20 at the WFC :D
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#969 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:56 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
Kolkmania wrote:Dario really improved his explosiveness off one foot and his foot speed. Not a liability in one-on-one situations anymore and it feels like he's made more one handed dunks last month than he did in the 1.5 years prior.

I don’t put that on his athleticism. I put that on his improved outside shooting, and playing with Ben Simmons.

Dario played with Ben in the beginning of this season and never dunked the ball. It has just been over the last month, as Kolk said. I think in the last game I seem to remember him doing it with someone in the area....something I've never seen him do.

I really like to see him attacking the rim like he has as of late.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,719

Post#970 » by 76thBearCub » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Dario is still learning the angles that he can get to the rim. He's not quick by any means but he is crafty as hell and he is a big dude that knows how to use his size.

Also I like how it seems like Saric and Simmons have good chemistry on the court. Seems to be a mutual respect.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#971 » by Ericb5 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:13 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

Dario played with Ben in the beginning of this season and never dunked the ball. It has just been over the last month, as Kolk said. I think in the last game I seem to remember him doing it with someone in the area....something I've never seen him do.

I really like to see him attacking the rim like he has as of late.

I know, and agree. I think he is getting better playing with Simmons, and he is getting more respect from defenses for his shooting ability. I don’t think he is more athletic than he was before though. He has more room around the basket these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Evenacus
Junior
And1: 218

Post#972 » by Evenacus » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:22 pm

He didn't have such a good game last night. Maybe he dropped out of rhythm during the break ( Dario is too serious for such games :D ), but maybe he was shocked by the horror match two days ago between Croatia and Romania which Croatia lost so they are now almost sure to not qualify for the next World Cup. That match was ULTRA bad...

BTW, since this is my first post hello everybody! :wink:
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#973 » by kriss73 » Fri Mar 2, 2018 5:45 pm

Clutch!
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
ziggy77
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#974 » by ziggy77 » Sun Mar 4, 2018 11:13 pm

Ok. So all jokes aside. There are some guys on this board that think Ilyasova is better player then Saric?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#975 » by Sixerscan » Mon Mar 5, 2018 8:01 pm

ziggy77 wrote:Ok. So all jokes aside. There are some guys on this board that think Ilyasova is better player then Saric?

I think Dario is better but it's close enough where it's not a ridiculous statement. Ersan is better defensively but Dario's offense more than balances it out.

I also think in a perfect world Ersan may be more suited to be a low usage catch and shoot guy with the starters while Dario should be more adept at carrying a second unit offense. But its not worth finding out at this point.
bobbeaver
Junior
And1: 246

Post#976 » by bobbeaver » Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:15 am

Sixerscan wrote:
ziggy77 wrote:Ok. So all jokes aside. There are some guys on this board that think Ilyasova is better player then Saric?

I think Dario is better but it's close enough where it's not a ridiculous statement. Ersan is better defensively but Dario's offense more than balances it out.

I also think in a perfect world Ersan may be more suited to be a low usage catch and shoot guy with the starters while Dario should be more adept at carrying a second unit offense. But its not worth finding out at this point.

Well im not so sure. When Biid n Ben have an off night, n there have been a few, he becomes the go to scorer. Efficient one. And he is becomeing more n more clutch. If Biid n Ben can become constant than that might be a possibility. Like this... nope.
Speaking of which his 3 now is at .387% for the season. How insane is that? N this is with him shooting much tougher 3s than before. I dont get how his ppg is just bellow 15 pts. I remember only 1 game he had in last few months below 15 pts.
P.s. off topic did you guys know T.Js 3 pt pct is insane? 47.2 % for 3.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#977 » by mithrandir17 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:28 am

bobbeaver wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:

Well im not so sure. When Biid n Ben have an off night, n there have been a few, he becomes the go to scorer. Efficient one. And he is becomeing more n more clutch. If Biid n Ben can become constant than that might be a possibility. Like this... nope.
Speaking of which his 3 now is at .387% for the season. How insane is that? N this is with him shooting much tougher 3s than before. I dont get how his ppg is just bellow 15 pts. I remember only 1 game he had in last few months below 15 pts.

Well, TJ 3 point shot takes about 3 seconds to be setup so it is still not that effective.
Gordon
Rookie
And1: 161

Post#978 » by Gordon » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:20 pm

Is Dario Top 10 PF now?
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#979 » by kriss73 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:18 pm

Gordon wrote:Is Dario Top 10 PF now?

He is in the sixteen spot among PF playing more than 25 min/g both in RPM and PER.

45%-39%-90% are no joke.

He has to improve on defense before enter in top-10 PF conversation.

By the way, according to espn insiders crew (Marks, Pelton and herring) , he is the 25°best NBA player under age 25.

For contex: jojo is third and Ben sixth.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#980 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:21 pm

bobbeaver wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:

Well it gets even more interesting if you take out the 5 games Dario didn't start, he has been shooting 39.9% from 3 as a starter.

That reason alone is why I wouldn't want to mess with him starting, Ersan has accepted the bench role (or else he wouldn't have come here) so there is no reason to rock that boat. Dario has done a very good job silencing all the haters (especially on this board, you know who you are) this season, and I hope it continues. Some thought it was impossible for him to actually improve, but he's done that now.

Beyond the numbers, it has to be said that Dario has hit some very timely buckets for this team, when others were struggling. Hopefully that can carry into the playoffs, cause we will certainly need it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers