And1: 246

Re: Winter is Here: Welcome Dario Saric 

Post#1101 » by bobbeaver » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah but he aint no Malcolm Brogdon ! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Man and you know Saric still has alot of ways to improve. Imagine that in a year or two. But he loves this ****. You can see fire in him when D is so in his face and makes the eat it. No fear.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#1102 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:31 am

So after thinking about this, what do you guys prefer? 2 years of LeBron? Or 10 years of Dario?

In reality if James comes here, its Sarics spot that gets taken. Dario is such a competitive guy I don't think he will like being moved to the bench after such a good run this year. He won't want his value to drop leading up to his free agency and may become disgruntled.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1103 » by LloydFree » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:10 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:So after thinking about this, what do you guys prefer? 2 years of LeBron? Or 10 years of Dario?

In reality if James comes here, its Sarics spot that gets taken. Dario is such a competitive guy I don't think he will like being moved to the bench after such a good run this year. He won't want his value to drop leading up to his free agency and may become disgruntled.

2 years of Paul George.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#1104 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 am

Well yea I agree 100% specifically because that would move Cov to the bench which I'd be fine with.

10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
bobbeaver
Junior
And1: 246

Post#1105 » by bobbeaver » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Saric is 4th in 3pt % with 10 shots taken or over and 6th with 8 shots taken or over
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#1106 » by KKell2507 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:59 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:So after thinking about this, what do you guys prefer? 2 years of LeBron? Or 10 years of Dario?

Well until we know for sure that JJ is coming back, I think its JJ's spot that Lebron is taking. But if JJ does decide to return I think Covington may be just as likely to go to the bench as Saric. Either way I think theyll find their spots and it would work out just fine. Great players love playing with other great players. And Ben, Joel, and Dario are our 3 best players. They will find a spot for Lebron James and make it work.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#1107 » by Ericb5 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:35 pm

KKell2507 wrote:

Well until we know for sure that JJ is coming back, I think its JJ's spot that Lebron is taking. But if JJ does decide to return I think Covington may be just as likely to go to the bench as Saric. Either way I think theyll find their spots and it would work out just fine. Great players love playing with other great players. And Ben, Joel, and Dario are our 3 best players. They will find a spot for Lebron James and make it work.

I think that Saric is more suited for the bench than Covington is simply because Covington is an extremely versatile defender, which means that he can guard the 2,3 and 4 at a high level. That makes him easy to play with. You start him and give him the defensive assignment of guarding the star wings.

Saric on the other hand is a limited defender, which means that he is less flexible in the starting lineup. He is a better player than Covington on the ball offensively so his versatility there would make him one of the leaders of the bench.

If Lebron comes here, you plug him in as the other starting forward with Covington. They both can guard both positions.

You move Saric to the bench, and don’t resign Ersan. Saric would still have about 25-28 minutes backing up both spots.

The starting 2 guard would be either JJ or Marco depending on who we can keep, and then Fultz would be lying in wait to take over than position eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#1108 » by rzzzzz » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:56 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
I think that Saric is more suited for the bench than Covington is simply because Covington is an extremely versatile defender

that he is. a wonderful defender, especially when he "stays at home" just a little more as the shot clock is running out. and the stats all show his effectiveness. but his throwing the ball away, especially after a steal, gives me fits. still glad to have him.

i don't think we've seen the best of Dario yet. maybe BB's pace will never quite suit him, though he seems much better at finishing the quick passes when he sneaks to the rim. still think there's more to get out of his court vision and passing.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#1109 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
KKell2507 wrote:

I think that Saric is more suited for the bench than Covington is simply because Covington is an extremely versatile defender, which means that he can guard the 2,3 and 4 at a high level. That makes him easy to play with. You start him and give him the defensive assignment of guarding the star wings.

Saric on the other hand is a limited defender, which means that he is less flexible in the starting lineup. He is a better player than Covington on the ball offensively so his versatility there would make him one of the leaders of the bench.

If Lebron comes here, you plug him in as the other starting forward with Covington. They both can guard both positions.

You move Saric to the bench, and don’t resign Ersan. Saric would still have about 25-28 minutes backing up both spots.

The starting 2 guard would be either JJ or Marco depending on who we can keep, and then Fultz would be lying in wait to take over than position eventually.

I think you've nailed how our lineup will look next year. We will have a silly amount of depth next year if we sign LeBron and can snag a rotational player with the LAL pick. I think Redick or Beli comes back for the room MLE.

Rotation (minutes in parentheses):

Simmons(24)/Fultz(24)
Redick(28)/LAL pick(16)/Fultz(4)
Covington(28)/LeBron(20)
LeBron(12)/Saric(26)/Simmons(10)
Embiid(30)/Johnson(18)
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1110 » by 51X3RF4N » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:34 pm

Don't forget TJ and Bayless. They are still technically on the team next year unless traded.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#1111 » by Ericb5 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:52 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Don't forget TJ and Bayless. They are still technically on the team next year unless traded.

Bayless has to be traded to sign Lebron.

TJ would stay in a diminished TJ role, and Holmes would stay in the Amir Johnson role.

So our 15 man roster would be Embiid, Simmons, Lebron, Covington, Saric, Fultz, Anderson, TJ, Holmes, one of Reddick or Marco, TLC, Korkmaz, Bolden, Lakers pick, our pick.

We could use a consolidation trade of some sort too.

sixers78
Senior
And1: 116

Post#1112 » by sixers78 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:00 pm

I’m flat out impressed by Dario improvement shooting the 3. Solid glue guy.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#1113 » by mithrandir17 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:36 pm

What I noticed about Dario is that you can actually tell if his 3 point shot is going to be a miss. If he does not have a solid elevation in his shot, the shot will likely be a miss. His 3 point shot is only either short or it will be a make. His shot is consistent when it comes to the direction of the ball.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#1114 » by Unbreakable99 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:11 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:What I noticed about Dario is that you can actually tell if his 3 point shot is going to be a miss. If he does not have a solid elevation in his shot, the shot will likely be a miss. His 3 point shot is only either short or it will be a make. His shot is consistent when it comes to the direction of the ball.

When Saric catches it and immediately shoots the 3 it appears he has a greater than 70% chance of making it. When he hesitates then shoots it appears he has less than a 25% of making it.
bryanwithawhy
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#1115 » by bryanwithawhy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
mithrandir17 wrote:What I noticed about Dario is that you can actually tell if his 3 point shot is going to be a miss. If he does not have a solid elevation in his shot, the shot will likely be a miss. His 3 point shot is only either short or it will be a make. His shot is consistent when it comes to the direction of the ball.

When Saric catches it and immediately shoots the 3 it appears he has a greater than 70% chance of making it. When he hesitates then shoots it appears he has less than a 25% of making it.

With an offseason and how hard-working Saric is I think he will increase his 3 PT % to around 41-43%.
Jeff Bezos says that if Amazon has a good quarter it’s because of work they did 3, 4, 5 years ago—not
because they did a good job that quarter.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#1116 » by JojoSlimbiid » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 pm

He could probably be a 50% total shooter if he cut off the mid range crap. If he just limits his offensive game to that post little hook shot, spot up 3, and smart cuts to the basket he should get closer to 50%
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#1117 » by Arsenal » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 pm

JojoSlimbiid wrote:He got probably be a 50% total shooter if he cut off the mid range crap. If he just limits his offensive game to that post little hook shot, spot up 3, and smart cuts to the basket he should get closer to 50%

Agree with this. He's actually done a fantastic job improving his shot selection this year already compared to last year. Just has a little ways left to go to become the mythical 50/40/90 efficiency machine.

Assuming he doesn't get an obscene contract, I hope we keep this guy for a long time.
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#1118 » by Ericb5 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:09 am

JojoSlimbiid wrote:He could probably be a 50% total shooter if he cut off the mid range crap. If he just limits his offensive game to that post little hook shot, spot up 3, and smart cuts to the basket he should get closer to 50%

On a less talented team, he could do more than that successfully, but on the Sixers his usage rate should be lower, and thus more efficient.

I agree that he could improve his efficiency by doing what you suggest, and he could be great at it from the bench.

A big part of his game that I love is his offensive rebounding btw, and he would always contribute that regardless of his role on offense.

Stribor
Pro Prospect
And1: 492

Post#1119 » by Stribor » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 am

So he has a summer to work on himself - finally. What should he focus on? I think finishing under the post and adding a fade away offensively while preserving the shooting form.
Gordon
Rookie
And1: 161

Post#1120 » by Gordon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:18 am

His biggest issue offensively is inability to finish at the rim. In the postseason he is shooting ugly 38% under the basket, which makes him to worst in the playoffs among those who attempted atleast 20 such shots.

He is neither long nor athletic, so he will need to get a lot craftier using floaters, flip-shots, eurosteps and pump-fakes to get defender in the air.

Other thing he obivously needs to work on is his defense. He is bailed out by playing with such a strong defenders as Cov, Embiid and Ben, but in the latter rounds of the playoffs his lack of footspeed on the perimeter might get exposed.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers