ImageImageImage

Winter is Here: Welcome Dario Saric

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

bobbeaver
Junior
And1: 246

Re: Winter is Here: Welcome Dario Saric 

Post#781 » by bobbeaver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:57 pm

I must say the ammount of bipolar disorder type posts in one game thread in last couple of games towards Saric is jaw dropping. Starts with: he is an unathletic bum that has no IQ, no cort vision, trash passer and horrible scorer and is absolutely a bad fit and the worst defender of all time. It ends up after his alot of times key moves at ends of games: He is a god and a stud he is so smart and a winner, such a brilliant passer and hustle guy, so clutch. We LOvE HIMMMM. All in a span of one game thread.
I dont know if i should be laughing or crying lol Atleast he has been generally promoted from last years "He is a bust and he is horrible" thing. lol
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#782 » by Sixerscan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:01 pm

bobbeaver wrote:I must say the ammount of bipolar disorder type posts in one game thread in last couple of games towards Saric is jaw dropping. Starts with: he is an unathletic bum that has no IQ, no cort vision, trash passer and horrible scorer and is absolutely a bad fit and the worst defender of all time. It ends up after his alot of times key moves at ends of games: He is a god and a stud he is so smart and a winner, such a brilliant passer and hustle guy, so clutch. We LOvE HIMMMM. All in a span of one game thread.
I dont know if i should be laughing or crying lol Atleast he has been generally promoted from last years "He is a bust and he is horrible" thing. lol

As opposed to every other topic in game threads which is discussed with maturity and levelheadedness lol.
WMDman
Rookie
And1: 466

Post#783 » by WMDman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 pm

Dario has really been finding his groove as the season goes, has been hitting some clutch shots as well
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 150

Post#784 » by pohani komarac » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 pm

As starter he has 13.2, 7.4, 2.3. with record 13-9.

Last 10 he is 15.3, 8.6, 3.0.
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#785 » by KramerDSP » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 pm

To me, Saric is our Robert Horry guy in the playoffs. He'll make things happen somehow, whether by a crucial rebound or whatever.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
Spalato
Junior
And1: 335

Post#786 » by Spalato » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:56 am

He aint pretty, but he has a serious knack for getting the job done in the most crucial moments of a game. These guys are rare. But hey, lets trade him for a guy who is more athletic, with a smoother 3 point shot, with longer arms. Who needs championship type players like Dario?
bobbeaver
Junior

Post#787 » by bobbeaver » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 am

Sixerscan wrote:
bobbeaver wrote:I must say the ammount of bipolar disorder type posts in one game thread in last couple of games towards Saric is jaw dropping. Starts with: he is an unathletic bum that has no IQ, no cort vision, trash passer and horrible scorer and is absolutely a bad fit and the worst defender of all time. It ends up after his alot of times key moves at ends of games: He is a god and a stud he is so smart and a winner, such a brilliant passer and hustle guy, so clutch. We LOvE HIMMMM. All in a span of one game thread.

As opposed to every other topic in game threads which is discussed with maturity and levelheadedness lol.

Lol yeh you got a point. I love the fact though it comes from the same people alot of times, the former and the latter. Oh and last games thread omfg, its better than a thriller novel lol. We are horrible we ll loose we suck, Saric is the king of suck... litteraly 2 posts later YEEYYY DARIO GOD we are awesome, Philly rules ahhaha Wolves are such loosers. I was waiting for a little grey area there, but noooo lol It was so funny and awesome to read lol
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#788 » by XDevilBoiX » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:17 am

That’s what makes it interesting and fun no? If we all think alike and talk the same way, it would be so boring to read. People would fall asleep lol
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#789 » by Ericb5 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:20 am

XDevilBoiX wrote:That’s what makes it interesting and fun no? If we all think alike and talk the same way, it would be so boring to read. People would fall asleep lol

Nobody expects everyone to agree on everything, but it would be nice if everyone had a certain level of dignity and composure about things, and we all gave the players the benefit of the doubt, and stayed loyal to the team.

Dario is a guy that should be so easy to root for. He busts his ass every game and is good at so many things, even if he isn’t great at anything. When he grabs a tough rebound or hits a big shot it uplifts the team. He is a tough nosed role player that can be part of our teams when they eventually get good and should always be a crowd favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#790 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 am

Ericb5 wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:That’s what makes it interesting and fun no? If we all think alike and talk the same way, it would be so boring to read. People would fall asleep lol

Nobody expects everyone to agree on everything, but it would be nice if everyone had a certain level of dignity and composure about things, and we all gave the players the benefit of the doubt, and stayed loyal to the team.

Dario is a guy that should be so easy to root for. He busts his ass every game and is good at so many things, even if he isn’t great at anything. When he grabs a tough rebound or hits a big shot it uplifts the team. He is a tough nosed role player that can be part of our teams when they eventually get good and should always be a crowd favorite.

I like Saric’s hustle. He’s just so bad on D though. I still would like to trade him but he has played better the last few games.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#791 » by Ericb5 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:41 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

I like Saric’s hustle. He’s just so bad on D though. I still wouldn’t like to trade him but he has played better the last few games.

He doesn’t have to be good on D. He tries hard on D and that is enough for me considering everything else he brings.

bobbeaver
Junior

Post#792 » by bobbeaver » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:46 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

I like Saric’s hustle. He’s just so bad on D though. I still wouldn’t like to trade him but he has played better the last few games.

Except in a few key moments when his D made world a difference. Like vs Wolves. Or the block on Gasols winning hookshot at last second in Olympics. But he still ofc can get better on D despite his lack of athleticism.
As for getting better... well isnt that his MO? He gets better as season progresses right? His best games should come in the last third of the season. He s a sophmore. He still has alot of figuring stuff out to do to be all he can be.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#793 » by XDevilBoiX » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:49 am

Ericb5 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

He doesn’t have to be good on D. He tries hard on D and that is enough for me considering everything else he brings.

I agree, I like Saric. He tries his butt off out there even tho he is limited on what he can do. He has helped us win some games. We saw how they miss him when he was out, he is part of the team.

I was just talking about the game thread, I admit I get up and down with how they play. The thing that gets me piss off most is their turnovers, we see the same thing game after game and it frustrates me. I am not laid back as you and some of the guys here.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#794 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 am

bobbeaver wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

Except in a few key moments when his D made world a difference. Like vs Wolves. Or the block on Gasols winning hookshot at last second in Olympics. But he still ofc can get better on D despite his lack of athleticism.
As for getting better... well isnt that his MO? He gets better as season progresses right? His best games should come in the last third of the season. He s a sophmore. He still has alot of figuring stuff out to do to be all he can be.

Every team isolates him so they can go one on one against him.
bobbeaver
Junior

Post#795 » by bobbeaver » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:54 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
bobbeaver wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

Every team isolates him so they can go one on one against him.

Best way to learn and practice D :D
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#796 » by UptownPhilly » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:11 am

Saric will probably (and hopefully) be around for a long time. He makes a lot of key passes and is a good rebounder when it counts. He’s a very intelligent player who will find his niche and consistency. So in that regard, I’m not concerned that he’ll be a weak defender long term.

You can tell his teammates love him and he’s a glue guy in every sense of the term.
voodooguru
Bench Warmer
And1: 311

Post#797 » by voodooguru » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:32 am

Half Mustache, Half Monster Truck
ziggy77
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#798 » by ziggy77 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:43 am

His offensive stats will mostly depend on his shot, not just because of stretch duties but so that it will open his game and his other skills, he needs that shot to go in and be somewhat efficient. I think it will come in a few years, it's work in progress but it will come, he is hard worker and his form is not broken.

He is type of player that will last in this league and will keep getting better in all the little things with experience. He can play at his prime level 10 more years from now.
bobbeaver
Junior

Post#799 » by bobbeaver » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:58 pm

ziggy77 wrote:His offensive stats will most depend on his shot, not just because of stretch duties but so that it will open his game and his other skills, he needs that shot to go in and be somewhat efficient. I think it will come in a few years, it's work in progress but it will come, he is hard worker and his form is not broken.

He is type of player that will last in this league and will keep getting better in all the little things with experience. He can play at his prime level 10 more years from now.

That is kind of my point aswell. Many people see him as a finished product minus his 3pt game for some reason. I dont get why that is, is it his seaming maturity on the court? He is a sophomore in the NBA. He is far from done in all aspects of the game, and not just the 3 pt % or D. People think his D is like this and will always stay like this. He has to and will get better in all aspects of the game as time passes, from efficiency in passing to finishing around the rim. Give it time and structure.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#800 » by TTP » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:30 pm

The Athletic put out a solid article today outlining some of the problems with having Saric in the starting lineup next to Simmons.

https://theathletic.com/185229/2017/12/15/sixers-lineup-analysis-can-simmons-and-saric-coexist/

I'm curious what they end up doing later this season assuming Fultz returns to form. We had a ton of bigs deserving minutes even before the Booker trade and it's sub-optimal to play more than two at a time (including Simmons). I'm guessing we're going to see more of these ugly big ball lineups over the next few games until they figure out that having 3 or 4 bigs on the floor craters the offense. Saric and Amir will probably lose some minutes in favor of Richaun and Booker but ultimately one of these guys will likely need to be traded for a guard/wing that can space.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers