ImageImageImage

Where is Bob Covington?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Re: Where is Bob Covington? 

Post#681 » by rzzzzz » Wed Mar 7, 2018 5:01 pm

wow, an actual RoCo sighting! that guy we saw last night was well worth the $. hope he shows up more often.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,991

Post#682 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Mar 8, 2018 3:02 pm

I think we found a pulse
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#683 » by sixers hoops » Thu Mar 8, 2018 4:23 pm

rzzzzz wrote:wow, an actual RoCo sighting! that guy we saw last night was well worth the $. hope he shows up more often.

I think he’s going to always shoot around 36-37% from deep, with hot and cold streaks. He’s been doing this his entire career. The guy is a rhythm shooter. His biggest asset is his excellent defense, and if he can keep his 3 point shooting around the 37% mark for the season, then he is easily worth the contract. You just have to expect he is going to be a hot-and-cold shooter, and make some really boneheaded plays along the way.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,040

Post#684 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 4:29 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:I think we found a pulse

I hope so, they did play Kemba Walker on him though.

Should say plenty about their respect of him on offense, to be honest.

Hopefully he took offense to that and stepped up cause of it.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#685 » by sixers hoops » Thu Mar 8, 2018 4:33 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:

I don’t think he tried harder because Kemba was in him. Cov plays hard every game. More likely, he got better looks or just simply had a good shooting night...if he had a choice, I’m sure he would hit every shot.
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#686 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 4:38 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:

I don’t think he tried harder because Kemba was in him. Cov plays hard every game. More likely, he got better looks or just simply had a good shooting night...if he had a choice, I’m sure he would hit every shot.

Just saying, Kemba is basically a 6 footer guarding him at 6'9", of course Roco had better looks. The Hornets did that cause Roco hasn't been doing jack on offense for a while, so why not. Roco did great on Kemba on D, their mistake was letting Kemba guard Roco cause of the height disadvantage of Roco getting clean looks.

I mean that is a huge height disadvantage, normally you would put Kemba on JJ or Marco....they chose Roco for a reason.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#687 » by sixers hoops » Thu Mar 8, 2018 4:43 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:

Just saying, Kemba is basically a 6 footer guarding him at 6'9", of course Roco had better looks. The Hornets did that cause Roco hasn't been doing jack on offense for a while, so why not. Roco did great on Kemba on D, their mistake was letting Kemba guard Roco cause of the height disadvantage of Roco getting clean looks.

I mean that is a huge height disadvantage, normally you would put Kemba on JJ or Marco....they chose Roco for a reason.

Right. That makes sense that he got clean looks... That Roco got offended and shot really well as a result doesn’t make sense.
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#688 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 4:48 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

Right. That makes sense that he got clean looks... That Roco got offended and shot really well as a result doesn’t make sense.

Not saying he was all offended, but when your 6'9" being guarded by someone 6 foot, you should be able to win that battle on the offensive end. He did play great D on Kemba, not denying that, but finally scoring over 20 for the first time since Dec. 2nd against Kemba Walker isn't all that impressive to me at least.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#689 » by sixers hoops » Thu Mar 8, 2018 5:03 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:

Not saying he was all offended, but when your 6'9" being guarded by someone 6 foot, you should be able to win that battle on the offensive end. He did play great D on Kemba, not denying that, but finally scoring over 20 for the first time since Dec. 2nd against Kemba Walker isn't all that impressive to me at least.

I was just responding to your original suggestion of “Hopefully he took offense to that and stepped up cause of it.”

Robert is a role player and our last option offensively. I don’t think they expect him to score 20 points very often. That’s not his game, unless he gets red hot. He is a complementary piece.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#690 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Mar 9, 2018 5:36 pm

maybe it was just a murmur.
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#691 » by gdog2004 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 7:42 pm

Back to the Covington we have seen most of the year. Hes a good defender and all, but on most nights a "meh"on offense. Not ideal from your starting SF.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#692 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Mar 9, 2018 7:58 pm

gdog2004 wrote:Back to the Covington we have seen most of the year. Hes a good defender and all, but on most nights a "meh"on offense. Not ideal from your starting SF.

I'd take meh Iast three months he's been well, well below average sub 100 ORtg every month meh would be league average which is 108 right now

EDIT: DEC, JAN, FEB he averaged a 96 ORTG YIKES!
gdog2004
Starter

Post#693 » by gdog2004 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:28 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:Back to the Covington we have seen most of the year. Hes a good defender and all, but on most nights a "meh"on offense. Not ideal from your starting SF.

I'd take meh Iast three months he's been well, well below average sub 100 ORtg every month meh would be league average which is 108 right now

I know he has been bad. But every time I say on here he's been stealing his paycheck all of the stat geeks come out of the wood works andddd then we get into a big thing as to why stats dont always tell the true story. But screw it...he HAS been stealing a check since he got paid :)
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#694 » by Sixerscan » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:36 pm

gdog2004 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

I know he has been bad. But every time I say on here he's been stealing his paycheck all of the stat geeks come out of the wood works andddd then we get into a big thing as to why stats dont always tell the true story. But screw it...he HAS been stealing a check since he got paid :)

Your position is that people that say stats don't tell the whole story are stat geeks.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#695 » by Sixerscan » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:40 pm

Basketball reference individual player offensive rating is trash btw. Didn't Tyson Chandler set the record for it a few years back?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#696 » by Sixerscan » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:50 pm

Do you guys really think that the Sixers could have gone 21-11 since Christmas with a guy playing 32 mpg playing as poorly as you think he has been? He's obviously been shooting poorly but he does a lot to help the team.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#697 » by TTP » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:54 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Basketball reference individual player offensive rating is trash btw. Didn't Tyson Chandler set the record for it a few years back?

Tristan Thompson, Ed Davis, and DAJ have also frequently been among the league leaders.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#698 » by gdog2004 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:55 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:I'd take meh Iast three months he's been well, well below average sub 100 ORtg every month meh would be league average which is 108 right now

Your position is that people that say stats don't tell the whole story are stat geeks.

No the opposite. Stats do NOT tell the whole story. Only a small , often cherry picked, part.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#699 » by Sixerscan » Fri Mar 9, 2018 8:58 pm

gdog2004 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:I know he has been bad. But every time I say on here he's been stealing his paycheck all of the stat geeks come out of the wood works andddd then we get into a big thing as to why stats dont always tell the true story. But screw it...he HAS been stealing a check since he got paid :)

No the opposite. Stats do NOT tell the whole story. Only a small , often cherry picked, part.

What do stats have to do with saying that his spacing opens the floor for other guys to create and that he plays great team defense?
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#700 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Mar 9, 2018 9:11 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Basketball reference individual player offensive rating is trash btw. Didn't Tyson Chandler set the record for it a few years back?

Pick whatever offensive metric you want Roco been terrible on offense for awhile now.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers