Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Re: Nerlens traded 

Post#1081 » by spikeslovechild » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 pm

hookshot199 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:There are many players and people in the media saying free Okafor and what the Sixers are doing to him is wrong. Well what about Noel? Where are the free Noel people? Get on the Mavs.

Free him from what? The Mavs have one of the worst center situations in the league if he can't play there where?

Dirk shouldn't be playing. But Cuban owes too much to Dirk. It's just the way it is. Noel was badly represented or didn't listen to his agent - we'll probably never know the truth. He needs to regroup and be prepared for his $30-$40 million hit. Dumb a$$. Maybe Hinkie will get a job and sign him. That's his best chance.

Meh he isn't even the backup to Dirk right now. :lol:
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#1082 » by gdog2004 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 pm

hookshot199 wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
Dirk shouldn't be playing. But Cuban owes too much to Dirk. It's just the way it is. Noel was badly represented or didn't listen to his agent - we'll probably never know the truth. He needs to regroup and be prepared for his $30-$40 million hit. Dumb a$$. Maybe Hinkie will get a job and sign him. That's his best chance.

Doubtful. Hinkie drafted two centers right after him. But he may sign him to the "Hinkie special" :lol:

I'm still a Noel fan. And Dallas, if you believe the reports, thought highly enough of him to offer him a pretty good payday. I think he's been badly advised. He'll get more than a Hinkie special. The good news, he probably won't wind up in Boston.

He actually was advised great by his agent he just turned down the deal and fired that agent to probably hire a yes man agent. And now he has regressed as a player.
It's all on him.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#1083 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:49 pm

Read on Twitter
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#1084 » by James40 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Said that for years, but here I was told “ that’s sports radio talk, etc”. Lol.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#1085 » by gdog2004 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:02 pm

James40 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Said that for years, but here I was told “ that’s sports radio talk, etc”. Lol.

Nerlens played balls to the wall as a rookie every game. After that he has been wildly inconsistent.
On a team like the Sixers at the time, built to lose, it didn't matter. Now it does. He is playing himself right out of the league.
For all the criticism BC took on that trade, it looks like the Sixers got the better end of it.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1086 » by XDevilBoiX » Fri Dec 1, 2017 3:12 am

Would you bring back Nerlens to be our backup next year? Shouldn’t cost much now.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#1087 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:33 am

XDevilBoiX wrote:Would you bring back Nerlens to be our backup next year? Shouldn’t cost much now.

On the Mini LE (assuming we sign a top FA) sure.

Other then that no. I think I heard him on an interview though outside a club (classic Noel) say he had zero interest in rejoining the sixers and was glad he left.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#1088 » by Simmons25 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:08 am

Imagine if Dallas had given Noel a long term $20 mill a year contract. It would have ruined them for half a decade... Cuban must wake up every morning and thank god he got greedy.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1089 » by XDevilBoiX » Fri Dec 1, 2017 6:22 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:Would you bring back Nerlens to be our backup next year? Shouldn’t cost much now.

On the Mini LE (assuming we sign a top FA) sure.

Other then that no. I think I heard him on an interview though outside a club (classic Noel) say he had zero interest in rejoining the sixers and was glad he left.

That was last year when he left, things has changed drastically for him this year. He won’t get paid like he wants now.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#1090 » by gdog2004 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 6:06 pm

Simmons25 wrote:Imagine if Dallas had given Noel a long term $20 mill a year contract. It would have ruined them for half a decade... Cuban must wake up every morning and thank god he got greedy.

True. If he can't get motivated to play when its clearly a "prove it " year, then he does not have the right mindset to be a top player in the NBA. I think a lot of fans wanted to see Nerlens stay with the Sixers and he would have been a good fit IF he played like he did in his rookie year backing up Embiid. The reality is though that he never played consistently like that again. The idea of Noel was always better than the reality of Noel.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#1091 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:52 pm

Nerlens Noel is not going to be a top player in the NBA that dream is long since dead. Kind of funny with the Okafor and Noel wars so much discussion for two players who ended up being total busts. Looks none of us were right.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#1092 » by gdog2004 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:13 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:Nerlens Noel is not going to be a top player in the NBA that dream is long since dead. Kind of funny with the Okafor and Noel wars so much discussion for two players who ended up being total busts. Looks none of us were right.

Okafor has played one year healthy. I'd like to see him go to another team and see what he does before declaring him a bust.
long range bomber
Bench Warmer
And1: 52

Post#1093 » by long range bomber » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:18 pm

gdog2004 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:Nerlens Noel is not going to be a top player in the NBA that dream is long since dead. Kind of funny with the Okafor and Noel wars so much discussion for two players who ended up being total busts. Looks none of us were right.

Okafor has played one year healthy. I'd like to see him go to another team and see what he does before declaring him a bust.

Okafor has played close to 3,000 NBA minutes and in that time he has shown no improvement on defense, rebounding, basketball awareness. And before this summer’s “vegan” Okafor showed up, the dude was consistently out of shape. I do not blame people for calling him a bust by now.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#1094 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:48 pm

gdog2004 wrote:

Even if some other team manages to salvage something of him he was a bust as far as the sixers were concerned
gdog2004
Starter

Post#1095 » by gdog2004 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:58 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:

Even if some other team manages to salvage something of him he was a bust as far as the sixers were concerned

55 healthy games as a rookie is a little too early to call a bust but we can agree to disagree. Even Noel I feel could turn it around despite being fixed to the bench in Dallas. Once Embiid was drafted, both of these guys became very expendable.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,726

Post#1096 » by HotelVitale » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:59 pm

gdog2004 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote: Even if some other team manages to salvage something of him he was a bust as far as the sixers were concerned
55 healthy games as a rookie is a little too early to call a bust but we can agree to disagree. Even Noel I feel could turn it around despite being fixed to the bench in Dallas. Once Embiid was drafted, both of these guys became very expendable.
Okafor was drafted after we drafted Embiid, don't think he was ever meant to be 'expended.' He just hasn't been any good, been way worse and way more deeply flawed than Hinkie and most ppl thought at draft time.

I wouldn't call okafor a bust for sure, and it's always stupid to do that with young guys; but it seems fair to be skeptical that he'll ever be able to develop into a passable defender or rebounder, even a cog in a strong offense. If he appeared on the scene from nowhere today, with no prior history from college or HS or anywhere else, I think he'd be seen as a plodding project that some teams would take a flyer on as their 14th or 15th man. Enough length and post skills to take a shot on, but not someone you're planning on being a part of your future for sure.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1097 » by LloydFree » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:27 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote: Even if some other team manages to salvage something of him he was a bust as far as the sixers were concerned
Okafor was drafted after we drafted Embiid, don't think he was ever meant to be 'expended.' He just hasn't been any good, been way worse and way more deeply flawed than Hinkie and most ppl thought at draft time.

I wouldn't call okafor a bust for sure, and it's always stupid to do that with young guys; but it seems fair to be skeptical that he'll ever be able to develop into a passable defender or rebounder, even a cog in a strong offense. If he appeared on the scene from nowhere today, with no prior history from college or HS or anywhere else, I think he'd be seen as a plodding project that some teams would take a flyer on as their 14th or 15th man. Enough length and post skills to take a shot on, but not someone you're planning on being a part of your future for sure.

I hated the Okafor pick and thought at the time, 'God, we tanked an entire season and took all this criticism in order to select what will ultimately be an average NBA Center.' Thought he had a ceiling of Brook Lopez. So my expectations of Okafor were low, to say the least. He has actually been much worse than I could have imagined. Honestly, It is shocking how bad he has been.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#1098 » by LongLiveHinkie » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:30 pm

Glad everyone here has finally conceded what I've been saying all along and that's Justin Anderson>>>Noel.

Steal by BC.

Before Christ
Bryan Came
Bryan Conquered
gdog2004
Starter

Post#1099 » by gdog2004 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:56 pm

LongLiveHinkie wrote:Glad everyone here has finally conceded what I've been saying all along and that's Justin Anderson>>>Noel.

Steal by BC.

Before Christ
Bryan Came
Bryan Conquered

He's most definitely a harder worker, a better teammate, and willing to work on his game and improve.
Noel on the other hand listens too much to his boyz,("you da man Noel, don't take that 17 million, 20 mil or nothin! " ) instead of people who tell him the truth. Him turning down 17 million a year may literally be one of the dumbest decisions ever made by a professional athlete.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#1100 » by Simmons25 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:57 am

gdog2004 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:Imagine if Dallas had given Noel a long term $20 mill a year contract. It would have ruined them for half a decade... Cuban must wake up every morning and thank god he got greedy.

True. If he can't get motivated to play when its clearly a "prove it " year, then he does not have the right mindset to be a top player in the NBA. I think a lot of fans wanted to see Nerlens stay with the Sixers and he would have been a good fit IF he played like he did in his rookie year backing up Embiid. The reality is though that he never played consistently like that again. The idea of Noel was always better than the reality of Noel.

I would have been happy to keep Noel as a backup bench player if he was on average money. To me he gives you no more than Richaun Holmes would except Holmes is cheaper.

Noel though in his mind thought he was a starting center AND a max player in the league :lol: Could not get rid of him quick enough.

Dude turned down $70 million over 4 years which would have set him up for life. :crazy: He got greedy. Now all he has is $4.1 mill and very quickly gaining a ticket out of this league.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers