Nerlens traded

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,989

Re: Nerlens traded 

Post#1101 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Dec 2, 2017 4:29 am

gdog2004 wrote:
LongLiveHinkie wrote:Glad everyone here has finally conceded what I've been saying all along and that's Justin Anderson>>>Noel.

Steal by BC.

Before Christ
Bryan Came
Bryan Conquered

He's most definitely a harder worker, a better teammate, and willing to work on his game and improve.
Noel on the other hand listens too much to his boyz,("you da man Noel, don't take that 17 million, 20 mil or nothin! " ) instead of people who tell him the truth. Him turning down 17 million a year may literally be one of the dumbest decisions ever made by a professional athlete.

I mean it's close. He probably gets at best a one year prove it deal right now. Hard to see him ever getting that money.

Reminds me of that houston player who turned down 40. Where is he now China?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#1102 » by 76ciology » Sat Dec 2, 2017 5:54 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:
LongLiveHinkie wrote:Glad everyone here has finally conceded what I've been saying all along and that's Justin Anderson>>>Noel.

Steal by BC.

Before Christ
Bryan Came
Bryan Conquered

He's most definitely a harder worker, a better teammate, and willing to work on his game and improve.
Noel on the other hand listens too much to his boyz,("you da man Noel, don't take that 17 million, 20 mil or nothin! " ) instead of people who tell him the truth. Him turning down 17 million a year may literally be one of the dumbest decisions ever made by a professional athlete.

I mean it's close. He probably gets at best a one year prove it deal right now. Hard to see him ever getting that money.

Its more than that. Unless there's radical physical change by Noel. In the grand scheme (more than the numbers) of things, Nerlens is like MCW. Great prospect on paper but has serious flaws on court.

Just switch the PnR and let your big bulldoze him at the post.

Why overpay for Nerlens. There's Mejri. Thats what ive been saying. Look at how Udoh is playing. Where's Asik? Stash Pasecniks or Bolden. Bench Holmes. Put Christian Wood in the G League. Lots of alternatives.

I dont buy into the C should be a goalie idea. Look at how Jazz's offense is playing without Gobert. Look at how Cavs beat us with Love and Frye at C.
Ive said it before, I'd rather have Hayward than Gobert. You'll break your ceiling if you go guard/wing oriented.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#1103 » by Ericb5 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 12:20 pm

I underestimated Noel’s attitude problems, but I still feel that he could anchor a defense in the right situation.

Unfortunately for him he has actually gone backwards physically in that he has lost bulk, and he needs more bulk to be able to do it. Noel at 235-240 is a big difference than being 215-220.

As a backup center he would be terrific on the Sixers, but he isn’t worth it with his attitude problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#1104 » by gdog2004 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 12:26 pm

76ciology wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:He's most definitely a harder worker, a better teammate, and willing to work on his game and improve.

Its more than that. Unless there's radical physical change by Noel. In the grand scheme (more than the numbers) of things, Nerlens is like MCW. Great prospect on paper but has serious flaws on court.

Just switch the PnR and let your big bulldoze him at the post.

Why overpay for Nerlens. There's Mejri. Thats what ive been saying. Look at how Udoh is playing. Where's Asik? Stash Pasecniks or Bolden. Bench Holmes. Put Christian Wood in the G League. Lots of alternatives.

I dont buy into the C should be a goalie idea. Look at how Jazz's offense is playing without Gobert. Look at how Cavs beat us with Love and Frye at C.
Ive said it before, I'd rather have Hayward than Gobert. You'll break your ceiling if you go guard/wing oriented.

All valid points. I think at the time of the Nerlens trade I used to post on LB blog and guys were like literally crying like BC just traded Wilt Chamberlain in his prime. Follow that up with the editors posting a bunch of articles about how great Nerlens is/was(with all the advanced stats to "back it up") and what a travesty it was to trade him. Even earlier this season many of the posters throw up advanced stats that illustrate the Mavs play so much better with Nerlens on the floor and it was a conspiracy that he wasn't playing because the team was trying to lose. Craziness.
When you try to point out that the guy just wasn't THAT good, you would get attacked for your difference of opinion. So childish.
Seems to be a more realistic bunch here. :)
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#1105 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Dec 2, 2017 7:39 pm

NK state media gives a more objective viewpoint then LB. When Noel fell apart the site fell apart can't say I'm not glad.
WCSixerfan
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#1106 » by WCSixerfan » Sat Dec 2, 2017 8:35 pm

Gdog, sorry that you left the LB site as I always valued what you had to say. Having a positive opinion about Jah and not worshiping the ground that Nerlens walks on is definitely grounds to be attacked while posting there.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#1107 » by gdog2004 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 8:52 pm

WCSixerfan wrote:Gdog, sorry that you left the LB site as I always valued what you had to say. Having a positive opinion about Jah and not worshiping the ground that Nerlens walks on is definitely grounds to be attacked while posting there.

All good man I enjoyed your positions as well. It's an interesting dynamic on the LB site, editors write super biased articles on who they like as a player (for instance Noel), and a lot of posters read that and can be influenced by it and then anyone who goes against that OPINION (yes the editors are nothing more than fans with opinions) is either banned or just leaves the site out of frustration.
It's a damn shame because there are some good level headed people there like yourself WC, but few and far between. Some of those guys are really too much. You really can't have a disagreement with what the editors write or any of their echo chamber of supporters. Its sad but that's what you get when you get a bunch of super young guys running a site.
The idea is to have a forum of friendly, open discussion, not a giant echo chamber of guys repeating the same things over and over, over and chastising anyone who disagrees. RealGM seems to be more accepting of different opinions and its refreshing TBH.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#1108 » by Aussiepiston1 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 8:55 pm

Man people here are quick to draw blood.
Noel has the ability to anchor a defense with his blocks, steal and deflections.
Something is clearly up with him and Dallas but to think he isn't a skilled player or will get a chance to prove people wrong is ludicrous.
he is 23 years old and there will be so many teams who will take a chance on him even if He sits out the whole year.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#1109 » by Sixerscan » Sat Dec 2, 2017 9:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Finally putting on some weight.
WCSixerfan
Ballboy

Post#1110 » by WCSixerfan » Sat Dec 2, 2017 9:32 pm

All good man I enjoyed your positions as well. It's an interesting dynamic on the LB site, editors write super biased articles on who they like as a player (for instance Noel), and a lot of posters read that and can be influenced by it and then anyone who goes against that OPINION (yes the editors are nothing more than fans with opinions) is either banned or just leaves the site out of frustration.
It's a damn shame because there are some good level headed people there like yourself WC, but few and far between. Some of those guys are really too much. You really can't have a disagreement with what the editors write or any of their echo chamber of supporters. Its sad but that's what you get when you get a bunch of super young guys running a site.
The idea is to have a forum of friendly, open discussion, not a giant echo chamber of guys repeating the same things over and over, over and chastising anyone who disagrees. RealGM seems to be more accepting of different opinions and its refreshing TBH

Thanks for the kind words GDog. Agree with your thoughts about some of the writers. I'll stop by and post occasionally to discuss the team. I'm happy that this site is working out better for you.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#1111 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Dec 2, 2017 10:18 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol did you see the picture of his zoomed in ankles dear god he is thin
Xepa777
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,743

Post#1112 » by Xepa777 » Sat Dec 2, 2017 10:19 pm

WCSixerfan wrote:
The idea is to have a forum of friendly, open discussion, not a giant echo chamber of guys repeating the same things over and over, over and chastising anyone who disagrees. RealGM seems to be more accepting of different opinions and its refreshing TBH

Thanks for the kind words GDog. Agree with your thoughts about some of the writers. I'll stop by and post occasionally to discuss the team. I'm happy that this site is working out better for you.

Xepa here. Yah LB was insufferable so now I’m back here hahahaha.glad to see you guy!
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#1113 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Dec 2, 2017 10:20 pm

Here is the picture.
WCSixerfan
Ballboy

Post#1114 » by WCSixerfan » Sat Dec 2, 2017 11:57 pm

Xepa here. Yah LB was insufferable so now I’m back here hahahaha.glad to see you guy!

Hey Xepa. Good to hear from you as well! I will definitely come by and post - always good to discuss things with you and GDog.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#1115 » by gdog2004 » Sun Dec 3, 2017 12:12 am

Aussiepiston1 wrote:Man people here are quick to draw blood.
Noel has the ability to anchor a defense with his blocks, steal and deflections.
Something is clearly up with him and Dallas but to think he isn't a skilled player or will get a chance to prove people wrong is ludicrous.
he is 23 years old and there will be so many teams who will take a chance on him even if He sits out the whole year.

He has some talent but he is nowhere near a max player and he would be better suited as a backup. He doesnt really anchor the defense because he is a poor one on one defender and a below average rebounder for someone who brings nothing on offense.
As far as teams lining up to sign him after this year if he sits out, think again. Any team in the league could have signed him this past year and NOT ONE made an offer. That is telling...
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1116 » by XDevilBoiX » Sun Dec 3, 2017 12:12 am

spikeslovechild wrote:Image

Here is the picture.

Chicken legs :lol:
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,822

Post#1117 » by XtremeDunkz » Sun Dec 3, 2017 12:18 am

XDevilBoiX wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:Image

Here is the picture.

Chicken legs :lol:

That is crazy.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
JoeZeke
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#1118 » by JoeZeke » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:11 pm

Noel is never going to get it, he's never going to go out of his way to improve hus game. He thinks the five star recruit coming out of high school. He could've been a good teammate here, worked on his game and earned minutes, but he preferred to pout.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,908

Post#1119 » by Wilfried » Sun Dec 3, 2017 5:34 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol did you see the picture of his zoomed in ankles dear god he is thin

Prefer zooming in more to the left :wink:
Unbreakable99