Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Re: Where is Justin Anderson? 

Post#81 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Mar 6, 2017 2:11 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Great thread on breaking down JA's weird shooting

I expect less from Justin Anderson than I expected from Nik Stauskas when he came over. Not even sure if that is hyperbole. :(

I hope I'm proven wrong and then some.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,508

Post#82 » by 76ciology » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:47 am

Was JA a worse shooter than Kent Bazemore at JA's age? Bazemore haven't figure out his 11ppg game until he's 26.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#83 » by JojoSlimbiid » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:50 am

How does one get good at put-back dunks? Does one practice such a random thing? I find it irregular the amount of putbacks he's had since coming over.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#84 » by 76ciology » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:52 am

JojoSlimbiid wrote:How does one get good at put-back dunks? Does one practice such a random thing? I find it irregular the amount of putbacks he's had since coming over.

Playing with poor rebounding Cs will allow you to get more than usual.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#85 » by Skates » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:56 am

JojoSlimbiid wrote:How does one get good at put-back dunks? Does one practice such a random thing? I find it irregular the amount of putbacks he's had since coming over.

Much opportunity with how bad we shoot the ball :wink:

Probably gets a lot of practice dunking misses with this team, too bad he can't dunk his own missed threes, he would be freaking awesome then.
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#86 » by phifans » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:01 am

Maybe he doesn't have to take that many threes to be a good impact on the court.
Except shooting concerns he definately played better than I expected.
kukenotas
Junior
And1: 71

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Where is Justin Anderson? 

Post#87 » by kukenotas » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:53 am

mithrandir17 wrote:
kukenotas wrote:
mithrandir17 wrote:Who did we add? Bogut? Splitter? Both centers will not suit up for us.

Noel didnt fit for us according to bc does that makes it easier?

Sent from my LG-H811 using RealGM mobile app

When did BC said that Noel wasn't a fit? On his press conference, he said that Noel was dealt because of his impending RFA issue. He did not want to pay max money to Noel.

My apologies , i expressed myself wrong.
GUYS i was watching raptors while he was a GM, he was horrible, raptors had bargnani now we have okafor. He never had winning team on the floor.
He let star walk away for nothing( hope he wont piss of embiid more in any mater).
He re-signed bargnani for 50 mil for 5 years, and that drowned team for years.
We might saved on noel, knowing him he will throw our cap space to lawry and on his 4th season he will be 34 making 41 mil, that will destroy the team and our young players.
I really hope it wont happen
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#88 » by Simmons25 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 4:54 am

kukenotas wrote:He let star walk away for nothing( hope he wont piss of embiid more in any mater).

Who? I hope you aren't calling Nerlens Noel a star :lol:
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#89 » by mithrandir17 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 10:38 am

Simmons25 wrote:
kukenotas wrote:He let star walk away for nothing( hope he wont piss of embiid more in any mater).

I think he is talking about Bosh when he was in TOR. That event is once in a lifetime so you can't possibly blame BC for that one.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#90 » by Simmons25 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 11:05 am

mithrandir17 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:

I think he is talking about Bosh when he was in TOR. That event is once in a lifetime so you can't possibly blame BC for that one.

Oh ok that makes more sense.
kukenotas
Junior
And1: 71

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Where is Justin Anderson? 

Post#91 » by kukenotas » Tue Mar 7, 2017 12:07 pm

Simmons25 wrote:
mithrandir17 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:

Oh ok that makes more sense.

Yes i did have in mind bosh

Sent from my LG-H811 using RealGM mobile app
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#92 » by smittybanton » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:31 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

I expect less from Justin Anderson than I expected from Nik Stauskas when he came over. Not even sure if that is hyperbole. :(

Justin Anderson is Bryan Colangelo's attempt at another Shawn Marion, complete with odd looking jimmy. We'll see.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#93 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:12 pm

Simba has been very impressive.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#94 » by 76ciology » Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:58 pm

smittybanton wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Justin Anderson is Bryan Colangelo's attempt at another Shawn Marion, complete with odd looking jimmy. We'll see.

Or Joey Graham. Gerald Henderson is Anthony Parker. Ilyasova is Garbajosa. Sergio is Calderon.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#95 » by Kobblehead » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:17 pm

I still don't really like him as a piece. If he's the SF2 on our roster next year, we did a poor job of improving the team over the summer.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,986

Post#96 » by spikeslovechild » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:18 pm

He could be useful but it all hinges on him developing his 3PT shot. If I remember correctly he shot 45+ percent his last year before coming out so it's doable.

But that shooting motion is all kinds of messed up.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#97 » by 76ciology » Tue Mar 7, 2017 5:18 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I still don't really like him as a piece. If he's the SF2 on our roster next year, we did a poor job of improving the team over the summer.

It's more of trying to have diverse bets on these 3&D 2 way wings. They are valuable in today's game, but not as easy to acquire as one may guess.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,794

Post#98 » by HotelVitale » Tue Mar 7, 2017 5:25 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:He could be useful but it all hinges on him developing his 3PT shot. If I remember correctly he shot 45+ percent his last year before coming out so it's doable.

He did but it was only like 100 attempts, and the rest of his shooting sample (college and pros) is pretty big and not at all good. At a quick glance it's about 380 attempts and he's below 30% on them.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#99 » by SparksFly87 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 6:00 pm

Hes a very good rebounder and defender already. All he has to do is improve his shooting. The mentally, athleticism is all there to become another 3 and D stud for us between him , Covington and potentially Luwawu. Colangelo wants a team full of athletic defenders so Justin Anderson fits the profile.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#100 » by Kobblehead » Tue Mar 7, 2017 6:00 pm

76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I still don't really like him as a piece. If he's the SF2 on our roster next year, we did a poor job of improving the team over the summer.

It's more of trying to have diverse bets on these 3&D 2 way wings. They are valuable in today's game, but not as easy to acquire as one may guess.

I'm on a constant prowl for defensive three point shot makers. I don't think Anderson is a good bet to fit that mold. He's a bit overrated on the defensive end. Too roguish as opposed to being a great cog in the team scheme. I think he guards 4s well, but not wings or guards. Kind of like Jerami Grant with muscles.

Offensively, he sucks. No ball skills, no scoring ability other than transition buckets and hustle points in the half court.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers