ImageImageImage

2017-2018 College Basketball / '18 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Re: 2017-2018 College Basketball / '18 NBA Draft Thread I 

Post#741 » by PLO » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:43 pm

Of the centers only Jaren Jackson interests me all that much because you can see him also playing PF whereas the other top guys are purely one position. Apart from Mikal Bridges, Kevin Knox is someone who really interests me for that Lakers pick. I watched some Lonnie Walker highlights the other day and he really piques my interest, despite the fact he's undersized. Has good instincts, plus athleticism, strong as a bull and seems to have all the traits necessary to play as a combo guard at the next level. He's someone who could be a possibility with our own pick if he falls that far. As far as prospects go I much prefer the longer guys which was the main reason I was down on Tatum through the early part of last season (he grew a few inches through the season) and why I'm still not that high on him becoming a "superstar" as he's just not long, but our pick will be out of the lottery so guys like Troy Brown or Walker I'd be quite OK with.

I have a number of issues with Trae Young for the 6ers....a lot of that has to do with where our roster is right now and some of it is with him as a prospect, but mostly the former. I can see a situation in which a guard needy team falls for him in the top 10 because right now he does look like a top 10 prospect. He was outstanding in yesterdays game.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#742 » by smittybanton » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:33 pm

Shizz Alston doing his thing this year for Temple. Just beat Wisconsin. Smacking St. Joes right now. Over 50% from 3pt on the year. hasnt missed a free throw yet. His dad had a nice all-around game, but couldn't shoot a lick.
HankTheTank
Pro Prospect
And1: 558

Post#743 » by HankTheTank » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:57 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Bagley just got switched onto a G, who proceeded to blow by him and get a lay-up off over the top of his short, outstretched arms. That's my concern for him at the NBA level.

I hear ya, but he’s such a fluid athlete at his size, I’m willing to overlook the short arms.

On another note, I’m having to pump the brakes on my Robert Williams bandwagon. He was invisible in his high profile game against Arizona, has shown no improvement on the offensive end, and started the year with a suspension.
*GENIUS*
Hinkie graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0 GPA from the Univ of Oklahoma and was named one of the top-60 undergrad students in the nation by USA TODAY. He holds an MBA from Stanford, graduating with highest honors as an Arjay Miller Scholar.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#744 » by Kobblehead » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:10 pm

Even if Robert Williams' chances of being a franchise player have diminished, he's still a virtual lock to be a starting C and defensive anchor. He's gotten even better on the defensive glass and even better defending switches on the perimeter. All while maintaining excellent rim protection.

In terms of his offensive struggles, he's shooting 20% from the mid-range this year. He shot 41% last year. I'm guessing once his mid-range shooting normalizes back to expected value, his offensive growth will take shape.

He's moving the ball and finishing at extraordinary rates.
PLO
Analyst

Post#745 » by PLO » Sat Dec 9, 2017 10:13 pm

HankTheTank wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Bagley just got switched onto a G, who proceeded to blow by him and get a lay-up off over the top of his short, outstretched arms. That's my concern for him at the NBA level.

I hear ya, but he’s such a fluid athlete at his size, I’m willing to overlook the short arms.

On another note, I’m having to pump the brakes on my Robert Williams bandwagon. He was invisible in his high profile game against Arizona, has shown no improvement on the offensive end, and started the year with a suspension.

What do we think of Bagley as a prospect? I didn't watch the Duke loss but they just had some lowlights of Duke's defense on and having seen some of Bagley's pretty bad play on that end in other games makes you wonder about him. To clarify I would be really surprised if he falls out of the top 5, even given his tweener status, but defending-wise he looks like he has cement shoes on a lot of the time to go with his lack of awareness on that end of the floor.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#746 » by Ericb5 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 10:45 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Even if Robert Williams' chances of being a franchise player have diminished, he's still a virtual lock to be a starting C and defensive anchor. He's gotten even better on the defensive glass and even better defending switches on the perimeter. All while maintaining excellent rim protection.

In terms of his offensive struggles, he's shooting 20% from the mid-range this year. He shot 41% last year. I'm guessing once his mid-range shooting normalizes back to expected value, his offensive growth will take shape.

I love him too.

He would be great to take the Amir Johnson role, plus some of Saric’s minutes along side of Embiid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HankTheTank
Pro Prospect

Post#747 » by HankTheTank » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:28 am

Arizona vs Bama on espn2 at 10:00 tonight. Will be interesting to see how Ayton does versus Donta Hall. Hall is a terrific shotblocker, 7’4 wingspan. Sexton worth watching of course too
*GENIUS*
Hinkie graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0 GPA from the Univ of Oklahoma and was named one of the top-60 undergrad students in the nation by USA TODAY. He holds an MBA from Stanford, graduating with highest honors as an Arjay Miller Scholar.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#748 » by Ericb5 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:51 am

HankTheTank wrote:Arizona vs Bama on espn2 at 10:00 tonight. Will be interesting to see how Ayton does versus Donta Hall. Hall is a terrific shotblocker, 7’4 wingspan. Sexton worth watching of course too

Looking forward to this game. It will be my first love look at Ayton.

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,144

Post#749 » by Arsenal » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:06 am

Ericb5 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Even if Robert Williams' chances of being a franchise player have diminished, he's still a virtual lock to be a starting C and defensive anchor. He's gotten even better on the defensive glass and even better defending switches on the perimeter. All while maintaining excellent rim protection.

I love him too.

He would be great to take the Amir Johnson role, plus some of Saric’s minutes along side of Embiid.

Not taking Robert Williams with the Lakers pick at 6-10. His player archetype has been devalued. We need to find a cheap backup for Embiid going forward, not spend any more premium draft resources on the position.
PLO
Analyst

Post#750 » by PLO » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:07 am

Arsenal wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

I love him too.

Not taking Robert Williams with the Lakers pick at 6-10. His player archetype has been devalued. We need to find a cheap backup for Embiid going forward, not spend any more premium draft resources on the position.

This. :clap:

PLO
Analyst

Post#751 » by PLO » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 am

Ayton, unreal. How does a guy that size with that footwork on the perimeter be so insipid as a presence inside defensively? He's so dominant in every other area.

NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#752 » by NBA Moses » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:59 am

Alabamas Collin Sexton looks like he could be Dearron Fox doppleganger. Hes awesome.

Who were those 2 trees on Alabama? They towered over Ayton and Ayton is 7'1"?

Im watching this kid Brandon McCoy for UNLV who is 7'1' and just did a Kevin Garnett coast to coast jam jobber.

The big man is coming back with avengeance.
HankTheTank
Pro Prospect

Post#753 » by HankTheTank » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:29 am

29 and 18 for Ayton, 30 for Sexton. I can’t see anyone turning away Ayton #1.
*GENIUS*
PLO
Analyst

Post#754 » by PLO » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:44 am

HankTheTank wrote:29 and 18 for Ayton, 30 for Sexton. I can’t see anyone turning away Ayton #1.

I'm coming around to that view as well, Ayton was incredible overall.

cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#755 » by cksdayoff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:21 pm

i'm liking sexton as a prospect a lot more than fox
#failforfultz
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#756 » by No-Man » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:42 pm

cksdayoff wrote:i'm liking sexton as a prospect a lot more than fox

Without question
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#757 » by Kobblehead » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:21 pm

With an injured Porter, Sexton should probably go top 3.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#758 » by smittybanton » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:17 pm

PLO wrote:
HankTheTank wrote:29 and 18 for Ayton, 30 for Sexton. I can’t see anyone turning away Ayton #1.

I'm coming around to that view as well, Ayton was incredible overall.

Me too.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#759 » by smittybanton » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

I hope Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, Young and Sexton keep putting up monster numbers. My man Bamba is not that type of player. I hope he falls at least to six where we can maybe trade up for him. We're best when we're big.

My daily prayer for Paul George and Mohamed Bamba (and Bolden).
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#760 » by smittybanton » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 pm

smittybanton wrote:I hope Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, Young and Sexton keep putting up monster numbers. My man Bamba is not that type of player. I hope he falls at least to six where we can maybe trade up for him. We're best when we're big.

My daily prayer for Paul George and Mohamed Bamba (and Bolden).

And if I can't have Paul George, give me Bamba, Bolden, Korkmaz, Kentavious Caldwell Pope, and Patrick McCaw.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers