Welcome Mathias Lessort

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Welcome Mathias Lessort 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:10 pm

You may not be here for a few years. Or you may get traded well before then. Odds probably are you never come.

But welcome to the Sixers overseas rights owned club!
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Re: Welcome Mathias Lessort 

Post#2 » by Kobblehead » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:17 pm

Dominant on the glass and protects the rim. Ticks the two most important boxes I value in a bigman.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#3 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:22 am

This guy definitely has NBA rotation potential.. I think DX even had him in their 30's. He's got a limited skillset but he's tenacious on defense and the glass, and really athletic. I think he could come over from day one (on a team that had room) and carve a niche for himself.

Saw some of you guys talking about him as a PF but he's definitely an undersized C.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#4 » by Foshan » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:30 am

Yeah, I like what i've seen of this guy. I would be okay with him workin in France another year, and then coming over around the time we trade Holmes, before he holds us over a barrel and we have to over pay him.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#5 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Tariq black 2.0?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#6 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:10 pm

76ciology wrote:Tariq black 2.0?

I think Tariq Black, Alan Williams, and Kyle O'Quinn all work as rough comparisons. Either way, I think we landed a quality rotation big. One that will allow us to get value for Richaun Holmes or just outright let him expire off our books without having to re-up him.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#7 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:55 pm

You guys got a steal imo. In their draft seasons per 40 minutes:

Capela 17.1 pts, 12.6 reb, 2.3 ast, 2.8 blk, 1.5 stl, .636 TS, 23.9; PER
Gobert 14.9 pts, 9.5 reb, 0.7 ast, 3.1 blk, 1.2 stl, .734 TS, 21.7 PER
Lessort 17.9 pts, 12.6 reb, 1.2 ast, 1.8 blk, 1.2 stl, .594 TS, 21.8 PER

He is not the shotblocking talent they are, in either length or numbers. But I think a shorter more jacked version of Gobert and Capela would still be able to play. The things Lessort did better than Gobert and Capela their draft year is get offensive rebounds and get to the line. He averaged 5.2 orb and 5.7 FTA per 40. Gobert was 3.7 ORB and 4.6 FTA, Capela was 4.3 ORB and 4.4 FTA. Both his numbers and his physical tools/aggression point towards a strong energy big and smallball C type of player. I would actually call him a pretty safe bet to be an NBA rotation player unless he never gets the chance. He has NBA caliber physical tools and has shown he can do energy big man things at a higher level than the NCAA
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#8 » by Unbreakable99 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Read on Twitter
sixers78
Senior
And1: 116

Post#9 » by sixers78 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:47 pm

He's gonna be a throw in, apart of trade package at some point
EuropeanBball
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#10 » by EuropeanBball » Thu Aug 3, 2017 6:37 pm

Looks like Lessort will play in Euroleague next year which is great for him. Multiple sources from Serbia and France are talking about this deal, its could be signed as soon as tomorrow.
Read on Twitter
EuropeanBball
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#11 » by EuropeanBball » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:38 pm

EuropeanBball wrote:Looks like Lessort will play in Euroleague next year which is great for him. Multiple sources from Serbia and France are talking about this deal, its could be signed as soon as tomorrow.
Read on Twitter

Its official now, Lessort signed a 3-year deal with Serbian side, good chance to prove himself in Euroleague.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#12 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:10 pm

I really don't understand the Pasecniks trade if Lessort would appear to have just as much, if not more, potential than him.

Especially since neither of these guys are playing here this year.

Anyone want to try and explain that one?
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#13 » by HotelVitale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:50 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:I really don't understand the Pasecniks trade if Lessort would appear to have just as much, if not more, potential than him. Especially since neither of these guys are playing here this year. Anyone want to try and explain that one?

Obviously the FO liked Pasecniks quite a bit and thought he'd be gone not long after where they traded for him. The logic isn't complicated--if we thought he would still be there when we picked later, we wouldn't have traded the future pick for him. (I can also see the argument for his potential: he's a giant who can shoot, run the floor, and move his feet, so there's plenty of raw material there).

The stash thing is also a major factor: we have too many players now and that won't clear up soon, so we might have overpaid a little to get a stash guy that has 1st rd upside. We get the flexibility we need: if he ends up developing well over the next year or two we can figure out a way to bring him over, and if he doesn't then we can keep him overseas without messing up our current rotation+other prospects.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#14 » by agiaco » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:52 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:I really don't understand the Pasecniks trade if Lessort would appear to have just as much, if not more, potential than him.

May as well have multiple Euros with potential. It's not like both or either of them will even pan out. Plus Anzejs and Mathias are very different players. With a surplus of draft choices and not many spots on the roster I liked the idea of drafting Pasecniks, Bolden and Lessort. If one of them becomes a solid contributor when we're competing I'll be very pleased.

Excited to see how the other guys look. Yeah we could have Bell or Evans but I like Bolden more than both of those guys already. He's shown a ton of potential and versatility in short order.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#15 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:54 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:I really don't understand the Pasecniks trade if Lessort would appear to have just as much, if not more, potential than him.

Yup, I also never understood the Pasecniks trade even without the Lessort angle. For me, it just says how uncertain the team is with Biid's health with our center depth.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Unbreakable99
General Manager

Post#16 » by Unbreakable99 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:05 pm

76ciology wrote:

Yup, I also never understood the Pasecniks trade even without the Lessort angle. For me, it just says how uncertain the team is with Biid's health with our center depth.

I think Pasecniks had more to do with Holmes. Holmes may want a big pay day once his contract is up. Pasecniks can slide right in as the backup.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#17 » by HotelVitale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote: I think Pasecniks had more to do with Holmes. Holmes may want a big pay day once his contract is up. Pasecniks can slide right in as the backup.
Think that's too specific a plan to be realistic. You don't take any guy in the 20s expecting he'll definitely be able to fill a particular role--esp not a raw euro big with a weird body and game; the odds of players taken in that range washing out is greater than 50%, so I can't see anyone really counting on Pasecniks to step in and fill that role.

He just seems like a typical upside gamble--could be really good if things work out, could be decent with just a little luck--which is a good move for teams in our situation. But maybe you're right that it helps that, if things work out, we have a specific role for him and there wouldn't be anyone directly in his way.
Unbreakable99
General Manager

Post#18 » by Unbreakable99 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:01 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote: I think Pasecniks had more to do with Holmes. Holmes may want a big pay day once his contract is up. Pasecniks can slide right in as the backup.
Think that's too specific a plan to be realistic. You don't take any guy in the 20s expecting he'll definitely be able to fill a particular role--esp not a raw euro big with a weird body and game; the odds of players taken in that range washing out is greater than 50%, so I can't see anyone really counting on Pasecniks to step in and fill that role.

He just seems like a typical upside gamble--could be really good if things work out, could be decent with just a little luck--which is a good move for teams in our situation. But maybe you're right that it helps that, if things work out, we have a specific role for him and there wouldn't be anyone directly in his way.

You're right. Yeah you don't draft a guy in the first to replace a backup down the road like that I think I'm in the minority. After seeing his game I like how he plays. I don't like that he doesn't rebound or block shots and they are red flags for a big but I think as a backup it's ok if he can do other things well. I love joe he rolls to the rim and he sn shoot.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#19 » by remi_222 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:17 am

I often watched him last seasons, so i'll keep watching him and telling you consistantly how he's going there ;)
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#20 » by 76ersfan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:24 am

Not to get off track but I wish they would have taken demar Dotson instead of what ended up being cash for The OK st. Pg.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D

Return to Philadelphia 76ers