Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1101 » by LloydFree » Tue Apr 3, 2018 10:46 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:Let’s assume we are picking 10th with the Lakers pick. Would trading the 10th pick and one of TLC or Korkmaz be enough to move from 10 to 7 or 8?

TJ and Holmes will probably do it and I would in a heartbeat

Not in a million years.

If they combine both 1st round picks... Maybe. Nobody is trading back in a draft for TJ Mconnell and of Holmes. You get guys like that off the Undrafted Free-agent pile.

The draft is as much a promotion tool for teams as it is a talent grab. Nobody is trading back from a shiny new toy for their fans, to add 3rd stringers.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
shlo
Junior
And1: 247

Post#1102 » by shlo » Tue Apr 3, 2018 10:54 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:Let’s assume we are picking 10th with the Lakers pick. Would trading the 10th pick and one of TLC or Korkmaz be enough to move from 10 to 7 or 8?

I doubt it. They haven't shown anything. They pretty much have zero value.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1103 » by XDevilBoiX » Tue Apr 3, 2018 10:59 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:

TJ and Holmes will probably do it and I would in a heartbeat

Disagree with that. And if you would do that in a heartbeat don’t you think the other team would think twice? You have to ask yourself if you would do that if you were the other team. You better offer them more than TJ and Holmes.

I was kidding lol
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#1104 » by Arsenal » Tue Apr 3, 2018 11:00 pm

Kobblehead wrote:If Mikal Bridges winds up being our pick at #10, would you call up Phoenix and offer them Fultz, Saric and #23 for Devin Booker?

The Suns likely decline because Booker is their franchise. I don't think they'd be insulted by the offer, though. They get to punt on a payday and get a handful of team-controlled valuable assets (one being a potential franchise player).

No thanks. I think Devin Booker might be the most overvalued player in the NBA. Or at least on these boards. Sure he's young and has potential, but he hasn't shown anything tangible yet except worthless counting stats while "leading" one of the worst teams in the NBA to countless losses.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#1105 » by Kobblehead » Tue Apr 3, 2018 11:38 pm

I felt that way about Booker until this year. I think his floor game made a big jump. He's become a significantly better distributor. His TS% is also starting to creep up to where he's approaching legit star, #1 option territory. He's not there yet but he's trending.

Besides, his value would be optimized here. His fit with Simmons and Embiid is incredible.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,726

Post#1106 » by the_process » Wed Apr 4, 2018 2:29 am

I’d be good with trading for Booker. I just don’t think PHX would give him up.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1107 » by the_process » Wed Apr 4, 2018 4:35 pm

Today’s Markelle Fultz Memorial Fantasy Trade Thread (henceforth abbreviated MFMFTT) offering:

PHI gets Kawhi
SAS gets Fultz, TLC, Covington, rights to Pasecniks, and 10

(I’d rather keep 24 and give up the two Euros as the sweetener)

Simmons/McConnell/Bayless
Redick?/24/Korkmaz
Leonard/Anderson/FA
Saric/Ilyasova?/Bolden
Embiid/FA/Holmes
Juannydawkins
Junior
And1: 25

Post#1108 » by Juannydawkins » Wed Apr 4, 2018 4:49 pm

the_process wrote:Today’s Markelle Fultz Memorial Fantasy Trade Thread (henceforth abbreviated MFMFTT) offering:

PHI gets Kawhi

Redick?/24/Korkmaz
Leonard/Anderson/FA
Saric/Bolden/Holmes
Embiid/FA/Lessort?

Probably an overpay but similar to the value i'd give. Yesterday I suggested the same trade w/out TLC and Pasecniks. With those two, I think you can probably give 24 and not 10...though I guess it'll just come down to what other teams are offering
: )
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#1109 » by Arsenal » Wed Apr 4, 2018 4:56 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I felt that way about Booker until this year. I think his floor game made a big jump. He's become a significantly better distributor. His TS% is also starting to creep up to where he's approaching legit star, #1 option territory. He's not there yet but he's trending.

Besides, his value would be optimized here. His fit with Simmons and Embiid is incredible.

So it seems that talented prospects can develop a lot between the ages of 19 and 21. Who would have thought?

Not sure why you think that's impossible for Markelle Fultz though, aside from trying to justify your previous takes putting Lonzo and Josh Jackson well ahead of him.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#1110 » by jbent87 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 4:59 pm

the_process wrote:Today’s Markelle Fultz Memorial Fantasy Trade Thread (henceforth abbreviated MFMFTT) offering:

PHI gets Kawhi

Redick?/24/Korkmaz
Leonard/Anderson/FA
Saric/Ilyasova?/Bolden
Embiid/FA/Holmes

Starting to think the filler for Fultz/Kawhi isnt going to be as expensive as we thought. Thinking along the lines of Boogie/Buddy Hield deal.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1111 » by the_process » Wed Apr 4, 2018 5:00 pm

jbent87 wrote:

PHI gets Kawhi

Redick?/24/Korkmaz
Leonard/Anderson/FA
Saric/Ilyasova?/Bolden
Embiid/FA/Holmes

Starting to think the filler for Fultz/Kawhi isnt going to be as expensive as we thought. Thinking along the lines of Boogie/Buddy Hield deal.

If we can keep Covington or 10... all the better!
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#1112 » by jbent87 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 5:04 pm

the_process wrote:
jbent87 wrote:

PHI gets Kawhi

Redick?/24/Korkmaz
Leonard/Anderson/FA
Saric/Ilyasova?/Bolden
Embiid/FA/Holmes

Pels gave up a 1 and a 2... so I guess 10 still goes. But a lot of these superstar trades dont have as big a return as we think.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1113 » by the_process » Wed Apr 4, 2018 5:18 pm

jbent87 wrote:
the_process wrote:
jbent87 wrote:

Pels gave up a 1 and a 2... so I guess 10 still goes. But a lot of these superstar trades dont have as big a return as we think.

I’m assuming BOS is going to offer Brown, Morris, S&T Smart 3-36, and SAC 1st.

The Spurs also have the DVPE in their back pocket to offer to Kawhi, and I don’t think Pop is eager to move Kawhi when he’s two years from retirement. The grumpy old b****** would probably rather force Kawhi to play there next year and turn down the massive contract :lol:
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1114 » by Kobblehead » Wed Apr 4, 2018 5:34 pm

jbent87 wrote:Starting to think the filler for Fultz/Kawhi isnt going to be as expensive as we thought. Thinking along the lines of Boogie/Buddy Hield deal.

I think Popovich has a way stronger resolve than Divac. When Aldridge demanded a trade, he told him "no" and proceeded to work things out. I think it's going to take an offer he can't refuse to move him. Which is why I'd rather just wait it out and hope Kawhi makes it to free agency. Where our pitch won't be beat.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#1115 » by LloydFree » Wed Apr 4, 2018 5:42 pm

Trading multiple assets for a star should be a last result this summer. Just show up to Paul George's door at Midnight, the 1st day of free agency, letting him know he was our first choice over LeBron, and bowl him over with gifts and compliments. Signing George without giving up anything should be 1st priority.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1116 » by Kobblehead » Wed Apr 4, 2018 5:48 pm

Given that the new Hornets GM's first task will be trading Kemba Walker, would you approach them with:

Fultz and #23 for Monk and #11?

With #10 and #11, we might be in position to get Shai AND Mikal. Which might be the best draft haul in recent memory.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,537

Post#1117 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 4, 2018 5:48 pm

LloydFree wrote:Trading multiple assets for a star should be a last result this summer. Just show up to Paul George's door at Midnight, the 1st day of free agency, letting him know he was our first choice over LeBron, and bowl him over with gifts and compliments. Signing George without giving up anything should be 1st priority.

Tell him Kobe is from Philly, and it’s done
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#1118 » by LloydFree » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:17 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Given that the new Hornets GM's first task will be trading Kemba Walker, would you approach them with:

With #10 and #11, we might be in position to get Shai AND Mikal. Which might be the best draft haul in recent memory.

I would do that in a Heartbeat, but I don't know that Jordan would do that for Fultz. Remember he had Kwame Brown on his team. Jordan don't like no .....s. I don't know his perception of Fultz.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1119 » by the_process » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:39 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Given that the new Hornets GM's first task will be trading Kemba Walker, would you approach them with:

No way Kupchak does that unless he gets to dump at least one of their plethora of bad contracts.

LloydFree wrote:Trading multiple assets for a star should be a last result this summer. Just show up to Paul George's door at Midnight, the 1st day of free agency, letting him know he was our first choice over LeBron, and bowl him over with gifts and compliments. Signing George without giving up anything should be 1st priority.

If I thought this was remotely a possibility, then sure. But if you show up at his door, he doesn’t even answer it IMO. I believe he’s 50% OKC, 50% LAL; with no room for anyone else.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#1120 » by OleSchool » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:40 pm

I got a feeling Mikal is going to go a lot higher then what hes mocked, and I want no parts of Monk.
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's

Return to Philadelphia 76ers