jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#161 » by jbent87 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:49 pm

TTP wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
I have no interest in Wiggins. I would not do that trade. I don't want Wiggins' huge contract squeezing us and not letting us make a move.

You wouldn't need to make as many moves as you think going forward with a nucleus of Markelle Fultz, Andrew Wiggins, Robert Covington, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, TJ McConnell, JJ Redick, Justin Anderson, Dario Saric, Richaun Holmes. FAs would want to come play with this young athletic team of "star" players. Then let Fultz, Simmons, Embiid develop, along with the best team Wiggins has ever played on, making him into a better player as well, and you suddenly have a "home grown" super team a couple years down the road.

We wouldn't have cap space for a big FA if we committed to Wiggins.

you wouldn't need one.
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#162 » by BoomBap » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:08 pm

We would need one, because Wiggins sucks. I wouldn't trade for him.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#163 » by the_process » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:22 pm

TTP wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
I have no interest in Wiggins. I would not do that trade. I don't want Wiggins' huge contract squeezing us and not letting us make a move.

You wouldn't need to make as many moves as you think going forward with a nucleus of Markelle Fultz, Andrew Wiggins, Robert Covington, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, TJ McConnell, JJ Redick, Justin Anderson, Dario Saric, Richaun Holmes. FAs would want to come play with this young athletic team of "star" players. Then let Fultz, Simmons, Embiid develop, along with the best team Wiggins has ever played on, making him into a better player as well, and you suddenly have a "home grown" super team a couple years down the road.

We wouldn't have cap space for a big FA if we committed to Wiggins.

They could ask for trades to come to Philly?
the_process
RealGM

Post#164 » by the_process » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:07 pm

OKC needs a backup C.

Okafor and Anderson for Singler and Ferguson?
clownclownclown
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#165 » by clownclownclown » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:57 am

the_process wrote:OKC needs a backup C.

No, thats bad for us.
I'd rather have Okafor rotate with Holmes in backing up Embiid (game and minute restrictions) than Singler.
Is there a major advantage to Ferguson over Anderson? Or TLC or Korkmaz?
the_process
RealGM

Post#166 » by the_process » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:24 am

clownclownclown wrote:

No, thats bad for us.
I'd rather have Okafor rotate with Holmes in backing up Embiid (game and minute restrictions) than Singler.

Ferguson has way more of an upside than Okafor or Anderson or Stauskas? That’s the advantage.

Since they’re not tanking anymore, Jah out there butchering everything and disheartening his teammates is going to be real hard to watch. I’d rather avoid it if at all possible.
clownclownclown
Freshman

Post#167 » by clownclownclown » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:26 am

the_process wrote:
clownclownclown wrote:

No, thats bad for us.

Ferguson has way more of an upside than Okafor or Anderson or Stauskas? That’s the advantage.

Since they’re not tanking anymore, Jah out there butchering everything and disheartening his teammates is going to be real hard to watch. I’d rather avoid it if at all possible.

Imo, Ferguson's upside (more or less on par with TLC and Korkmaz) and impact next season behind Redick and Cov (and alongside TLC, Korkmaz and Stauskas) doesnt justify the quality drop at backing up Embiid alongside Holmes with crucial minutes, because Okafor > Singler.
the_process
RealGM

Post#168 » by the_process » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:27 am

clownclownclown wrote:
the_process wrote:
clownclownclown wrote:
No, thats bad for us.

Imo, Ferguson's upside (more or less on par with TLC and Korkmaz) and impact next season behind Redick and Cov (and alongside TLC, Korkmaz and Stauskas) doesnt justify the quality drop at backing up Embiid alongside Holmes with crucial minutes, because Okafor > Singler.

Singler is a 3, he wouldn’t be playing at all. The 5th big who would get those C minutes along with Holmes would be Amir. Who I would much rather have on the court than Jah.
clownclownclown
Freshman

Post#169 » by clownclownclown » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:03 am

the_process wrote:
clownclownclown wrote:
the_process wrote:

Singler is a 3, he wouldn’t be playing at all. The 5th big who would get those C minutes along with Holmes would be Amir. Who I would much rather have on the court than Jah.

I thought of Singler as a 4/big but if we classify him as a 3/wing then that makes matters even worse, Okafor + Amir > just Amir (+ a useless Singler).

If there were backup C alternatives out there, we should be upgrading Okafor but there arent any, thats why OKC have to settle for the likes of Okafor and -objectively speaking, fan emotions aside- if he can play the second C on a team with championship aspirations then i'd rather keep him as our third or fourth C than dump him for a useless Singler, at more or less the same contract but without the option to decline.
the_process
RealGM

Post#170 » by the_process » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:42 pm

clownclownclown wrote:If there were backup C alternatives out there, we should be upgrading Okafor but there arent any, thats why OKC have to settle for the likes of Okafor and -objectively speaking, fan emotions aside- if he can play the second C on a team with championship aspirations then i'd rather keep him as our third or fourth C than dump him for a useless Singler, at more or less the same contract but without the option to decline.

1st: The Sixers already have 2 upgrades on Jah
2nd: objectively speaking, fan emotions aside; we have two years of evidence, both eye test and advanced stats, that say Jah can’t play.
3rd: Jah can’t be the backup C on a team with championship aspirations, but OKC needs to fill the spot and maybe they fool themselves about Jah’s “potential”.
4th: Stauskas and Anderson have no future with this team. If the process taught us anything, it’s to frequently rotate your fringe pieces until you find those that best fit.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#171 » by Chris76 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:07 pm

the_process wrote:
clownclownclown wrote:If there were backup C alternatives out there, we should be upgrading Okafor but there arent any, thats why OKC have to settle for the likes of Okafor and -objectively speaking, fan emotions aside- if he can play the second C on a team with championship aspirations then i'd rather keep him as our third or fourth C than dump him for a useless Singler, at more or less the same contract but without the option to decline.

2nd: objectively speaking, fan emotions aside; we have two years of evidence, both eye test and advanced stats, that say Jah can’t play.
3rd: Jah can’t be the backup C on a team with championship aspirations, but OKC needs to fill the spot and maybe they fool themselves about Jah’s “potential”.
4th: Stauskas and Anderson have no future with this team. If the process taught us anything, it’s to frequently rotate your fringe pieces until you find those that best fit.

Okafor's on/off #s could be really bad because he replaced Embiid. Embiid made a bad team good. Comparing his #s is not really fair.

Amir and Holmes can play center, but they are more PFs.
clownclownclown
Freshman

Post#172 » by clownclownclown » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:13 pm

the_process wrote:

We're on the same page regarding idealy parting ways with Jah and other fringe players but it doesnt make sense dumping them now for worse players and contracts.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#173 » by TTP » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Chris76 wrote:
the_process wrote:

Okafor's on/off #s could be really bad because he replaced Embiid. Embiid made a bad team good. Comparing his #s is not really fair.

So what's your explanation for the previous year?
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Chris76
Sixth Man

Post#174 » by Chris76 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:08 pm

TTP wrote:
Chris76 wrote:
the_process wrote:

The year they won 10 games, do you really need an explanation.
TTP
Head Coach

Post#175 » by TTP » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Chris76 wrote:
TTP wrote:
Chris76 wrote:

Yes I'm interested to hear your explanation.

Your argument was that Embiid's presence is a cause for Okafor's poor splits. By pointing out that Okafor's splits were poor the year prior without Embiid, I have weakened your argument.

My explanation would be that you are very inconsistent in your logic when defending Okafor, likely because it is difficult to defend his performance the last two years.

They won 10 games that year. They were one of the worst teams in NBA history and they were at their worst when Okafor was on the court. A 10 win team was 10 points worse when Okafor was on the court. Try and grasp just how insane that is before you glamorize his rookie production.

Chris76
Sixth Man

Post#176 » by Chris76 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:06 pm

TTP wrote:
Chris76 wrote:
TTP wrote:

Your argument was that Embiid's presence is a cause for Okafor's poor splits. By pointing out that Okafor's splits were poor the year prior without Embiid, I have weakened your argument.

My explanation would be that you are very inconsistent in your logic when defending Okafor, likely because it is difficult to defend his performance the last two years.

They won 10 games that year. They were one of the worst teams in NBA history and they were at their worst when Okafor was on the court. A 10 win team was 10 points worse when Okafor was on the court. Try and grasp just how insane that is before you glamorize his rookie production.

I'm not trying to glamorize Okafor, but he could be a good option if Embiid misses games or we limit his mins.

If he improves, great, if not we let him go then.
Why dump him now, that's insane.
TTP
Head Coach

Post#177 » by TTP » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Chris76 wrote:
TTP wrote:
Chris76 wrote:

I'm not trying to glamorize Okafor, but he could be a good option if Embiid misses games or we limit his mins.

That is what the Okafor supporters never seem to understand. You're acting like it's a freeroll to hold on to him and see if it gets better. The argument used to be "why would we trade him for a mid-late 1st when we can showcase him and wait for his value to improve?" Now the argument is "why dump him for nothing when we can see if he has improved?"

There is a very real cost to waiting and seeing. Okafor has been a depreciating asset since he came into the league and after waiting and seeing and showcasing for the last two years, he's close to worthless. You still can't wait and see now either because you need to make a decision now on whether to commit 6.3 million dollars of cap space on him for the 2018-19 season. If you want to pursue a top free agent next summer, there's a very large chance that you're going to have to use assets to dump his negative value contract.

the_process
RealGM

Post#178 » by the_process » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Okafor to CHI
Robin Lopez to MIL
Henson and MIL 1st to PHI
Chris76
Sixth Man

Post#179 » by Chris76 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:01 pm

TTP wrote:
Chris76 wrote:
TTP wrote:

That is what the Okafor supporters never seem to understand. You're acting like it's a freeroll to hold on to him and see if it gets better. The argument used to be "why would we trade him for a mid-late 1st when we can showcase him and wait for his value to improve?" Now the argument is "why dump him for nothing when we can see if he has improved?"

There is a very real cost to waiting and seeing. Okafor has been a depreciating asset since he came into the league and after waiting and seeing and showcasing for the last two years, he's close to worthless. You still can't wait and see now either because you need to make a decision now on whether to commit 6.3 million dollars of cap space on him for the 2018-19 season. If you want to pursue a top free agent next summer, there's a very large chance that you're going to have to use assets to dump his negative value contract.

6.3 mil for a backup big that could give you 18 and 8, might be a good deal.

Okafor has the potential to improve in many areas.
Losing weight and increased effort on team defense and rebounding should be a good start.

If he gets a chance to play with playmakers like Fultz and Simmons, he could be a very good finisher. Without being doubled, he scores easily on starting centers. Gobert has trouble stopping him.

His #s for the last 2 years are misleading for several reasons.
His #s this year should show a better picture, whether he's a bust or not, it's worth the gamble.
the_process
RealGM

Post#180 » by the_process » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:46 pm

BC has to make a decision on Jah’s 4th year option by Halloween. Right now, I think that puppy should get declined.

If someone will take Jah into cap space or an exception, just take a couple 2nds and be done with it. Or get a first with a bad contract.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers