Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#41 » by the_process » Mon Jul 3, 2017 7:20 am

the_process wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
the_process wrote:Okafor, Stauskas, and 2019 NYK 2nd for DeAndre Bembry.

I do that but doubt they do. Okafor stinks. The second isn't very valuable. Stauskas is at the end of rookie deal. Prob not enough. It's like taking three things out of your trash can and trying to barter with them. That package has such little value.

I don't disagree. So what do you think the Sixers could add, that we as fans would be okay with, that could turn those two into something useful?

Does Justin Anderson add any value to this package?
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#42 » by jbent87 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:26 pm

the_process wrote:
the_process wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
I do that but doubt they do. Okafor stinks. The second isn't very valuable. Stauskas is at the end of rookie deal. Prob not enough. It's like taking three things out of your trash can and trying to barter with them. That package has such little value.

I don't disagree. So what do you think the Sixers could add, that we as fans would be okay with, that could turn those two into something useful?

nope, more trash. I think that we have enough 2nds to package those together to clean up some of the trash, but those deals don't really happen. Unfortunately we'd probably have to add one of TLC/Holmes/Korkmaz or one of the summer league studs (Bolden?) to push an Okafor centric deal through. And the question BC keeps asking himself is does he have to move this guy THAT much? He's been a good teammate through all of this, he isn't poisoning the locker room. He just kinda stinks. So let him stink on the bench.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#43 » by 76ciology » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:35 pm

Okafor for Knicks 2019 pick swap option with Kings.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#44 » by sixers hoops » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:56 pm

jbent87 wrote:
the_process wrote:
the_process wrote:

nope, more trash. I think that we have enough 2nds to package those together to clean up some of the trash, but those deals don't really happen. Unfortunately we'd probably have to add one of TLC/Holmes/Korkmaz or one of the summer league studs (Bolden?) to push an Okafor centric deal through. And the question BC keeps asking himself is does he have to move this guy THAT much? He's been a good teammate through all of this, he isn't poisoning the locker room. He just kinda stinks. So let him stink on the bench.

I think his question was how could we acquire Beasley. The sixers don't NEED to move Okafor's contract.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure a team will take Okafor for free. Woj said Boston was going to take him, but the sixers decided to keep him and sign Amir outright.

Also, you don't need to give an asset to move Okafor. He an expiring contract so you could just cut him. I wouldnt give up anything of value to save Okafor's 5 million dollar salary. Worst case scenario--cut him and you are stuck paying his 5 million this year. But no reason to give up TLC or Korkmaz to save a billionaire 5 million.
uuaarrgh
Senior
And1: 8

Post#45 » by uuaarrgh » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:40 pm

Gisela Okafor to be the 1st Option in the 2nd United. Saric and Bayless would be the 2nd and 3rd Option, TLC and Holmes would complement pretty well with there defense and outsideshot.
the_process
RealGM

Post#46 » by the_process » Mon Jul 3, 2017 10:01 pm

uuaarrgh wrote:Gisela Okafor to be the 1st Option in the 2nd United. Saric and Bayless would be the 2nd and 3rd Option, TLC and Holmes would complement pretty well with there defense and outsideshot.

A 2nd unit that plays completely differently from the starters and takes away from the strengths of its players, save 1? No thanks.
the_process
RealGM

Post#47 » by the_process » Mon Jul 3, 2017 10:07 pm

jbent87 wrote:
the_process wrote:
the_process wrote:

ATL is tanking, and they need a C. Could use a SG, too. I'm not sure the rest of the league knows what we know about Okafor, especially considering how many times I see people talking about Okafor rolling out of bed dropping 20 & 10 at 19 years old. So I think ATL is a good target especially if you're not asking a lot in return. They could look at it as a buy low opportunity.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#48 » by sixers hoops » Tue Jul 4, 2017 2:52 am

the_process wrote:
jbent87 wrote:
the_process wrote:

ATL is tanking, and they need a C. Could use a SG, too. I'm not sure the rest of the league knows what we know about Okafor, especially considering how many times I see people talking about Okafor rolling out of bed dropping 20 & 10 at 19 years old. So I think ATL is a good target especially if you're not asking a lot in return. They could look at it as a buy low opportunity.

I agree, but giving up Beasley isn't really buying low. A 2nd or just absorbing his contract is buying low.

However, as you said, there might be a sucker waiting who doesn't know what we know.
the_process
RealGM

Post#49 » by the_process » Tue Jul 4, 2017 4:26 am

sixers hoops wrote:
the_process wrote:
jbent87 wrote:

I agree, but giving up Beasley isn't really buying low. A 2nd or just absorbing his contract is buying low.

However, as you said, there might be a sucker waiting who doesn't know what we know.

Bembry. And it could be to them, it's not like they played him much. Plus they'd be getting two for one and a pick. Admittedly, this is me trying to speak this into existence, but we do know that Boston still wants him even after all of his terribleness. Okafor and a future protected 1st for Bradley? Then dump Stauskas somewhere for nothing.
clownclownclown
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#50 » by clownclownclown » Tue Jul 4, 2017 9:25 am

The Hawks seem like the best possibility to trade Okafor to but instead of rookies in return, how about one/some of their picks?
Apart from their very own first round picks which in all likelyhood they'll want to hang on to, probably being good lottery picks, they have the '18 Timberwolves first (lottery protected ...), '19 Cavs first (top 10 protected ...) and might be getting the '18 Rockets first from the Clippers in that threeway deal.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#51 » by sixers hoops » Tue Jul 4, 2017 3:04 pm

clownclownclown wrote:The Hawks seem like the best possibility to trade Okafor to but instead of rookies in return, how about one/some of their picks?
Apart from their very own first round picks which in all likelyhood they'll want to hang on to, probably being good lottery picks, they have the '18 Timberwolves first (lottery protected ...), '19 Cavs first (top 10 protected ...) and might be getting the '18 Rockets first from the Clippers in that threeway deal.

I would take any first rounder for Okafor, however, the sixers were discussing a deal to give him to Boston for free as part of the Amir deal, just to dump him. That indicates there are no offers involving first round picks.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#52 » by 51X3RF4N » Tue Jul 4, 2017 7:55 pm

I would trade Okafor and Stauskas, plus more for a sign and trade of Jaymychal Green.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Hardcore6erFan
Sixth Man
And1: 680

Post#53 » by Hardcore6erFan » Tue Jul 4, 2017 9:20 pm

Okafor to Hawks for Ersan sign and trade and Sixers right to swap their 2018 1st for Timberwolves 2018 1st 1-14 protected and Sixers right to swap their 2018 2nd for Hawks 2018 2nd

I think this is pretty fair. The T Wolves could be the #15 or #16 pick and the Sixers could maybe be #18 or #19 and move up a few spots if they stay healthy. The 2nd round swap should be about 12 to 15 spots.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#54 » by sixers hoops » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:05 am

I would like Avery Bradley, but wouldn't give up anything significant for him since he is expiring and Ainge needs to move salary.
the_process
RealGM

Post#55 » by the_process » Thu Jul 6, 2017 2:59 am

sixers hoops wrote:
clownclownclown wrote:The Hawks seem like the best possibility to trade Okafor to but instead of rookies in return, how about one/some of their picks?

I would take any first rounder for Okafor, however, the sixers were discussing a deal to give him to Boston for free as part of the Amir deal, just to dump him. That indicates there are no offers involving first round picks.

The article doesn't say that. It says they were discussing a S&T deal that involved Okafor and Amir. BC might've been asking Ainge to add a pick to get Jah and a TPE, and Ainge might've been asking BC to eat a bunch of contracts or something, who knows.
the_process
RealGM

Post#56 » by the_process » Thu Jul 6, 2017 3:01 am

sixers hoops wrote:I would like Avery Bradley, but wouldn't give up anything significant for him since he is expiring and Ainge needs to move salary.

Jahlil and 2020 PHI 1st for Crowder and Bradley.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#57 » by sixers hoops » Thu Jul 6, 2017 3:32 am

the_process wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

The article doesn't say that. It says they were discussing a S&T deal that involved Okafor and Amir. BC might've been asking Ainge to add a pick to get Jah and a TPE, and Ainge might've been asking BC to eat a bunch of contracts or something, who knows.

Yeah. I might've read too much into it.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#58 » by Chris76 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 3:47 am

the_process wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:I would like Avery Bradley, but wouldn't give up anything significant for him since he is expiring and Ainge needs to move salary.

Boston is in trouble and you want to give them 2 assets to help them.

Fultz
Redick
Simmons
Embiid
Okafor

This lineup could be incredible. Embiid could be the ultimate PF for short durations, teams would not be able to stop them. The defense could be very strong.
the_process
RealGM

Post#59 » by the_process » Thu Jul 6, 2017 3:56 am

Chris76 wrote:
the_process wrote:

Fultz
Redick
Simmons
Embiid
Okafor

This lineup could be incredible. Embiid could be the ultimate PF for short durations, teams would not be able to stop them. The defense could be very strong.

:o I didn't know people like you still existed. There's been more confirmed sightings of Passenger Pigeons in the past 3 months than Prokafors.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#60 » by Chris76 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 4:03 am

the_process wrote:
Chris76 wrote:
the_process wrote:

Fultz
Redick
Simmons
Embiid
Okafor

:o I didn't know people like you still existed. There's been more confirmed sightings of Passenger Pigeons in the past 3 months than Prokafors.

What team would have a front court to stop them?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers