Post#1 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Pretty good mini documentary.

Read on Twitter

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Re: The Process with JJ Redick 

Post#2 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:40 pm

I love how Colangelo gave Redick 15 minutes to accept his offer because he was on a plane out to L.A. to offer Iguodala the same deal.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#3 » by TTP » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Was hoping we'd get to see some of the meeting with JJ and the Sixers. Glad it sounds like he wants to be here longterm - hopefully he'll use the good will from this year to sign a cheap multi-year deal next year.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#4 » by BullyKing » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:20 pm

TTP wrote:Was hoping we'd get to see some of the meeting with JJ and the Sixers. Glad it sounds like he wants to be here longterm - hopefully he'll use the good will from this year to sign a cheap multi-year deal next year.

I was sort of confused from the documentary what he would be looking for long term. It mentioned that the Rockets would only go 3 instead of 4 years for him but as best I can figure given the timing, the most the Rockets could have been offering is the combined value of all those non-gtd contracts they assembled. You wonder if there is a little wink-wink going on here where we've already discussed resigning him next offseason for something like 3-36 (so total package of 4 close to 60). It would take a little work and ditching guys like Okafor and likely Bayless but that would allow us to resign Cov now, add a max next offseason, resign Redick for 3-36 and then extend JoJo.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#5 » by sixers hoops » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:31 pm

BullyKing wrote:
TTP wrote:Was hoping we'd get to see some of the meeting with JJ and the Sixers. Glad it sounds like he wants to be here longterm - hopefully he'll use the good will from this year to sign a cheap multi-year deal next year.

I was sort of confused from the documentary what he would be looking for long term. It mentioned that the Rockets would only go 3 instead of 4 years for him but as best I can figure given the timing, the most the Rockets could have been offering is the combined value of all those non-gtd contracts they assembled. You wonder if there is a little wink-wink going on here where we've already discussed resigning him next offseason for something like 3-36 (so total package of 4 close to 60). It would take a little work and ditching guys like Okafor and likely Bayless but that would allow us to resign Cov now, add a max next offseason, resign Redick for 3-36 and then extend JoJo.

Likely, if they could move Bayless. Bayless is a good fit with this group so we'll see how his season goes. But either way, Bayless is taking up a nice chunk of cap space that they'd probably rather use elsewhere, such as the scenario you suggested.
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#6 » by spaceballer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Apparently the Rockets offered the most money, more than the Sixers. And his first choice, which his wife pushed for, seemed to be Brooklyn until the DLo trade derailed that.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#7 » by LongLiveHinkie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:01 pm

15 minutes - one minute for every inch of his collar
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#8 » by cksdayoff » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:36 pm

i'm envisioning reddick mentoring fultz on being a next level shooting guard...also helping him to become a great shooter
#failforfultz
sixers78
Senior
And1: 116

Post#9 » by sixers78 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:30 am

Very awesome. I really enjoy getting up close and personal with athletes lives and the process. Seems like his future will either be in NY or Philly. Actually stupid to predict but it just seems like his family influence is there that these two cities have an advantage FA another city. As he is in a stage in his life where he wants stability and most importantly family to be happy. And since wife loves BK. Just seems reasonable. Also interesting to note that if JJ didn't sign that Iggy would've been who would've got a 1 yr nice offer from us.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Post#10 » by 76ciology » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:36 am

Conspiracy theory tells me that he fills that big hole that LBJ needs, while his salary is a place holder until Fultz or Simmons is about to get extension.

So we'll have 20-30+M contractsmax on our payroll for Biid,Bron and Reddick, short term. While have Fultz, Biid and Simmons long term, with dime a dozen shooter.

That said, if Bron decides to sign with us, i can see us extending him and maybe Reddick likes the chance of Bron signing with us next season. If not, he's 50-50
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#11 » by eagereyez » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:47 am

His wife was amusing. Telling JJ that it's his turn to make some sacrifices. If she can go out and make $23M in 9 months then by all means.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#12 » by bondom34 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:03 am

Just watched it, this was really cool. Pretty crazy he had 15 minutes to decide where he's going and that LA just didn't want him. Seems like a great guy too.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#13 » by Simmons25 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 am

eagereyez wrote:His wife was amusing. Telling JJ that it's his turn to make some sacrifices. If she can go out and make $23M in 9 months then by all means.

LOL dude has like 4 years of a career left and she is breaking his balls so she can have lunches with her twin sister. To quote someone recently.. she needs to stay in her lane.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#14 » by Kolkmania » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:47 am

Simmons25 wrote:
eagereyez wrote:His wife was amusing. Telling JJ that it's his turn to make some sacrifices. If she can go out and make $23M in 9 months then by all means.

LOL dude has like 4 years of a career left and she is breaking his balls so she can have lunches with her twin sister. To quote someone recently.. she needs to stay in her lane.

So easy for us to say, but being alone for 9 months, day in and day out, is tough. Money does not equal happiness, sure a gigantic apartment in the center of Philly helps but if you can't share it with anyone, what is it worth? These people aren't robots and even as millionaires they have their tough moments in life.

Sixers fans should try to show their best versions of themselves and help Chelsea, JJ and the kids feel happy in Philadelphia. That's the kind of stuff that brings big FA's to the city as well.

Really enjoyed Redick's video.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 711

Post#15 » by Kova » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:18 am

Kobblehead wrote:I love how Colangelo gave Redick 15 minutes to accept his offer because he was on a plane out to L.A. to offer Iguodala the same deal.

How do we know it was for Iguodala? I don't think the article says that anywhere.. http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-76ers/jj-redick-drops-knowledge-his-free-agent-process-new-podcast
bedjawII
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#16 » by bedjawII » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:47 am

Kolkmania wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:

So easy for us to say, but being alone for 9 months, day in and day out, is tough. Money does not equal happiness, sure a gigantic apartment in the center of Philly helps but if you can't share it with anyone, what is it worth? These people aren't robots and even as millionaires they have their tough moments in life.

Sixers fans should try to show their best versions of themselves and help Chelsea, JJ and the kids feel happy in Philadelphia. That's the kind of stuff that brings big FA's to the city as well.

If he shoots 42% from 3pt she'll love the city.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#17 » by Simmons25 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:49 am

Kolkmania wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:

I get that but it's hardly 9 months all alone... he's only not there for road games.

Besides her version of "tough moments" may feel tough to her but it's all relative. It probably pales into insignificance compared to the average person out there or the single parents raising families on their own 100% of the time and on a shoestring budget. Not to mention she has a husband who basically has 3 months annual leave a year... I wish I could get 3 months leave a year to spend with my family. The $20 mill+ would just be a bonus.

I am more than sure she will make friends and will be doing just fine finding play dates.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,105

Post#18 » by Kobblehead » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Kova wrote:How do we know it was for Iguodala? I don't think the article says that anywhere.. http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-76ers/jj-redick-drops-knowledge-his-free-agent-process-new-podcast

Redick actually came out and said it was Iguodala. He called into The Herd and had an interview with Gottlieb yesterday.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#19 » by HotelVitale » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Simmons25 wrote: Besides her version of "tough moments" may feel tough to her but it's all relative. It probably pales into insignificance compared to the average person out there or the single parents raising families on their own 100% of the time and on a shoestring budget. Not to mention she has a husband who basically has 3 months annual leave a year... I wish I could get 3 months leave a year to spend with my family. The $20 mill+ would just be a bonus.

Might be veering into some misogyny there, cuz. First, it's pretty clear from the video that JJ wants to be with his family and it's not like his wife is nagging him to do something he hates, and everything she says he's echoing throughout the documentary. (Also, given that he signed with us and not BKN makes it clear that she's not forcing any ultimatum or anything on him). Second, it's ridiuclous to say that since some single parents suffer more than JJ's wife then she should shut up and do whatever JJ wants--that's dumb logic to begin with (should I never complain about a bad move BC makes because Kings and Nets fans have it worse?; if I get screwed at work should I not try to do something about it because some people in the world have worse jobs than I do?); and more importantly the whole point is that the wife ISN'T actually a single parent and JJ doesn't want her to feel like one if possible. Third, it sort of seems like you want her to shut up and disappear so that you can protect some idea about how free agency 'works'--that players must go to the best team or the team that offers the most money--but the whole point of this documentary is to show that there's way more involved in any decision than that.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Re: RE: Re: The Process with JJ Redick 

Post#20 » by eagereyez » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Kolkmania wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:

It's not alone. JJ will take the train from Philly to BK whenever he can. Combine that with the 3 full months she has to be with him. I am playing the world's smallest violin for her. Reminds me of the scene in Silicon Valley where Gavin tries to argue that billionaires have it rough too.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers