ImageImageImage

The Process with JJ Redick

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

mattd13
Senior
And1: 119

Re: The Process with JJ Redick 

Post#61 » by mattd13 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 1:26 pm

jj is a much better athlete than most think and is also in much better shape than almost anyone in the nba. he is all about winning and will surely help everyone with his work ethic, knowledge, and his effort. if everyone stays healthy it should be a great season.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#62 » by Unbreakable99 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 9:53 pm

Read on Twitter

"We were actually at the practice facility and we were out on the court and we were just chatting," Redick told Business Insider. "And all of the sudden [76ers head coach] Brett Brown told Joel Embiid to go down in the post.

"I was in, like, a blue blazer," Redick said. "And we started running post actions and then we started running pick-and-roll actions. And it was just fun to be around Coach Brown and see his passion for the game and kind of talk hoops with him."

Redick signed a one-year, $23 million contract with the 76ers — a deal he called "insane" — but said Brown was instrumental in bringing him to the team.

"I think Coach Brown was really the biggest factor in me going to Philly," Redick said.
Att
Senior
And1: 162

Post#63 » by Att » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:29 pm

The 23 million $ were instrumental in bringing him to Philly.
He's an overrated player, he does nothing except shoot and he's here just for a season.
So whatever. Let BC enjoy all the glory of bringing him here :)
dkj5061
Junior
And1: 177

Post#64 » by dkj5061 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:34 pm

Att wrote:The 23 million $ were instrumental in bringing him to Philly.
He's an overrated player, he does nothing except shoot and he's here just for a season.

He was the 4th best player on one of the better teams in the league over the last 4 years, and has been one of the top ten shooters in the league over that span. I don't think anyone is saying he is anything more than that, and I don't think that is overrating him at all.
mattd13
Senior

Post#65 » by mattd13 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 7:46 pm

obviously the guy does not think much of jj and that's ok. I say lets give it a chance and see where it leads. I think this team has a good chance to be special and will believe in that until it proves to wrong.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#66 » by LongLiveHinkie » Thu Aug 3, 2017 9:18 pm

Redick is actually a solid team defender. He's not a great player by any means, but he's much more than your typical Kyle Korver like one-dimensional spot up shooter.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#67 » by agiaco » Thu Aug 3, 2017 9:18 pm

You'll be eating your words this season.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#68 » by Chris76 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:55 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:Redick is actually a solid team defender. He's not a great player by any means, but he's much more than your typical Kyle Korver like one-dimensional spot up shooter.

That's good, JJ and Fultz should be a great combo, they can switch to let JJ guard the faster, smaller guard. Also, two 40% 3pt shooters should be a strength.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#69 » by Simmons25 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:20 am

Not sure how one of the best 3 point shooters in the league can ever be called overrated.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#70 » by LloydFree » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:27 pm

agiaco wrote:

Why would he be eating his words? He's not wrong. JJ Redick is an over-rated, one-dimensional player.

That said, he provides a skill that is in short supply on this particular team. He will improve the Offense just based on replacing a useless Nik Stauskas, so he's worth the ridiculous over-pay, for this one season.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#71 » by Chris76 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:15 pm

Simmons25 wrote:Not sure how one of the best 3 point shooters in the league can ever be called overrated.

Good point. Redick worked hard to get open, most of his shots were contested and at full speed. Simmons will get him 3 or more wide open 3s a game. This team could be really good, this year.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#72 » by Lou_23 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 5:41 pm

Read on Twitter
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#73 » by Sixerscan » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:14 pm

LloydFree wrote:
agiaco wrote:

Why would he be eating his words? He's not wrong. JJ Redick is an over-rated, one-dimensional player.

That said, he provides a skill that is in short supply on this particular team. He will improve the Offense just based on replacing a useless Nik Stauskas, so he's worth the ridiculous over-pay, for this one season.

If he's worth it it's not an overpay? :dontknow:
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,792

Post#74 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:36 pm

There's no such thing as a 1 year "overpay." Also I don't see anyone overrating JJ.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#76 » by kingofthecourt67 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 7:19 pm

It's an overpay if the opportunity cost is greater than his worth. He is literally one of the best the best 3 point shooters in the league—by far our most glaring weakness. Unsure where the people calling his contract an overpay wanted the money to be spent.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#77 » by agiaco » Fri Aug 4, 2017 9:36 pm

LloydFree wrote:
agiaco wrote:

How is he overrated? He's going to bring so much more to the team than just shooting. There's more to basketball than performing on court. For once we have a solid vet that will start with the young squad and help them improve in all facets. I have a strong feeling he's going to be a guy we want back for more than just a season, hence some people eating their words. Dude is not overrated at all. Overpaid, sure, but it's moot point with a one year contract right now.
mattd13
Senior

Post#78 » by mattd13 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 11:54 am

everybody in the nba is over paid!!!!
Mrcrockpots
Junior
And1: 172

Post#79 » by Mrcrockpots » Sat Aug 5, 2017 11:58 am

Is JJ's podcast officially happening? It'll be fun having him do a podcast throughout the year. I'm sure he'll have plenty of his Sixers teammates join as well.
Att
Senior
And1: 162

Post#80 » by Att » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:43 pm

dkj5061 wrote:

He was the 4th best player on one of the better teams in the league over the last 4 years, and has been one of the top ten shooters in the league over that span. I don't think anyone is saying he is anything more than that, and I don't think that is overrating him at all.

And that team underachieved every single year... He's not good enough to be a third of fourth option on offence (and offence is the reason he's on the court).
Look, I don't think he'll be complete trash, he'll shoot some open threes, but he's not the guy for us, age wise and versatility wise. All the hype around him is ridiculous. It's as if people haven't watched him play the Jazz. He's not out saviour, he's just a rather mediocre player (definitely not a star), playing for money.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers