ImageImageImage

Jahlil Okafor (Vegan edition) thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,550

Re: Jahlil Okafor (Vegan edition) thread 

Post#81 » by 76ciology » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:I do t feel like reading all this. Can someone read this and paraphrase it?

Read on Twitter

Three words: He wants out.

Long story short: Talks about his rookie year, crazy last season and vegan jah. Lloyd Pierce, being 21 and the Marc Gasol comparison tries to defend his flaws. He wants a frest start, a new home.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#82 » by Kobblehead » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Okafor has been a good sport up until this point, but participating in this piece is just problematic.
jsa
Junior
And1: 70

Post#83 » by jsa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:44 pm

It's early, but I see considerable improvement with J. Okafor. He has his key area array of moves, and his mid range jumper looks good. Working harder on defense, still below average but better, and working well with rebounds and boxing out.

Playing him 15 minutes a game is ok by me. With Saric or Johnson alongside Okafor in a rotation they are adequate for short spells. Maybe even wear down small ball teams.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#84 » by rzzzzz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:06 pm

yep, it seems like that Nerlens moment. wonder when this interview took place, 'cause it does seem like odd timing, with Richaun having just gone down. and after the relentless criticism, Vegan Jah has gotten his first props in almost 2 years. interesting that he should bring up the Washington game, cause it was like the only good game he had last season, and apparently he just got fed up and decided to play to his strengths that night. i was sort of hoping, with any improvement on the defensive end, that we could bring him off the bench and play to his strengths for some quick microwaving. again, all i ask now is when we move him, please don't give him to the Celtics. 'cause Stevens will know what to do with him.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#85 » by Ericb5 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 pm

76ciology wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:I do t feel like reading all this. Can someone read this and paraphrase it?

Read on Twitter

Long story short: Talks about his rookie year, crazy last season and vegan jah. Lloyd Pierce, being 21 and the Marc Gasol comparison tries to defend his flaws. He wants a frest start, a new home.

Agreed that he seems to want out, as he should.

Liked the piece though, and like the kid. He is thoughtful and honest. I don't blame him for feeling the way he does.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#86 » by Unbreakable99 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:52 pm

76ciology wrote:

Read on Twitter

Thanks.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#87 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:17 pm

Look I don't blame there for being hurt feelings but the reason why the criticism was there wasn't because Saric was a rookie or Noel was injured it was because he sucked.

He deserved every bit he got. I don't know when this interview was conducted but I hope he realizes with the positive press he's getting and with Holmes being injured he has an opportunity. Probably no better then anywhere else and if he wants to be traded then he needs to be desired.

Last year Jah was untradable. I hope that changes I hope he becomes the type of player other teams want and from there we can decide what to do with him.
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#88 » by J_Magic » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:43 am

Okay Philly fans, how much do you value Okafor. Who on the Magic roster would you want in a trade? Realistic scenarios.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#89 » by Sixerscan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:48 am

J_Magic wrote:Okay Philly fans, how much do you value Okafor. Who on the Magic roster would you want in a trade? Realistic scenarios.

Mario assuming Dario doesn't really think he's a jerk.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#90 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:03 am

J_Magic wrote:Okay Philly fans, how much do you value Okafor. Who on the Magic roster would you want in a trade? Realistic scenarios.

Fournier or Jonathan Simmons. Maybe Mario (Im never high on him) or Wesley Iwundu
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
phillychuck
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#91 » by phillychuck » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:14 am

You can't trade Okafor with Embiid constantly an injury risk and Holmes injured/not good enough unless you get an adequate defensive/rebounding center back.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#92 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:28 am

phillychuck wrote:You can't trade Okafor with Embiid constantly an injury risk and Holmes injured/not good enough unless you get an adequate defensive/rebounding center back.

You can. There’s Amir. Long term there’s Bolden or Pasecniks.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#93 » by Sixerscan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:43 am

phillychuck wrote:You can't trade Okafor with Embiid constantly an injury risk and Holmes injured/not good enough unless you get an adequate defensive/rebounding center back.

Shawn Long.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#94 » by LloydFree » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:44 am

If you still own your 2018 2nd round pick, I'd take that. I wouldn't take Mario Hezonja for free.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#95 » by Chris76 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:59 am

An aggressive Okafor is quickly regaining value, his face up game and extended range is showing promise.

Okafor + Sixers 2018 1st for Markannen or Jonathan Isaac type prospect.

With Embiid drawing fouls and getting centers in foul trouble, Okafor could be very valuable against their backups.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#96 » by the_process » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:59 am

Chris76 wrote:An aggressive Okafor is quickly regaining value, his face up game and extended range is showing promise.

Okafor + Sixers 2018 1st for Markannen or Jonathan Isaac type prospect.

With Embiid drawing fouls and getting centers in foul trouble, Okafor could be very valuable against their backups.

I’d add something to Okafor and the 2018 PHI 1st if Jonathan Issac was coming back.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#97 » by Simmons25 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:44 am

I almost shed a tear when Jahil started talking about how he doesn't feel he is part of the process because he isn't in the photos... isn't part of FEDS... and how its not fair people don't use "But he is a 2nd year player" whenever he plays badly.

Nah I didn't really. He comes across a bit too sooky sooky la la to me. Half expected a photo to accompany the story of Jahil kicking an empty can down a dimly lit street on his own.
Sarni
Freshman
And1: 62

Post#98 » by Sarni » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:54 am

It doesn't matter who is fit and who is injured because Okafor is just not going to work in Philly. Even if Embiid is injured, you are better off playing Holmes and Johnson in his place, hell you are probably better off playing Saric there even though he isn't a center or signing a random young free agent like you did with Long last season.

Okafor needs a fresh start. It's not going to work out at Philadelphia. From a Portland fan perspective I'd probably offer you some spare parts for him, not much but I'd probably be inclined to trade Vonleh and Napier plus a second rounder or a heavily protected first rounder. That's probably the most you are going to get currently too, unfortunately as I liked Okafor's potential at the beginning.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#99 » by Kobblehead » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:57 am

If Embiid has reached the "talent elevator" level that I think he has, trading for plus athletes with "theoretic" shooting ability would be a route I'd take.

Mario fits that bill.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#100 » by LloydFree » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Sarni wrote:

It doesn't matter who is fit and who is injured because Okafor is just not going to work in Philly. Even if Embiid is injured, you are better off playing Holmes and Johnson in his place, hell you are probably better off playing Saric there even though he isn't a center or signing a random young free agent like you did with Long last season.

Okafor needs a fresh start. It's not going to work out at Philadelphia. From a Portland fan perspective I'd probably offer you some spare parts for him, not much but I'd probably be inclined to trade Vonleh and Napier plus a second rounder or a heavily protected first rounder. That's probably the most you are going to get currently too, unfortunately as I liked Okafor's potential at the beginning.

Done. No takesie backsie's.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to Philadelphia 76ers