ImageImageImage

Celtics @ Sixers - Preseason Game 2

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,109

Celtics @ Sixers - Preseason Game 2 

Post#1 » by Kobblehead » Fri Oct 6, 2017 2:48 pm

This game will be on NBAtv for the out of market fans.
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Re: Celtics @ Sixers - Preseason Game 2 

Post#2 » by phiphan » Fri Oct 6, 2017 2:50 pm

Hoping to see some more pick and rolls in the half court with Simmons and/or Fultz this game.

Also would be nice if Fultz drained multiple 3s and Tatum looks like dog ****.
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,263

Post#3 » by bball4life » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm just hoping this game that they choose to use players who actually will be in the rotation for when the games matter. Anderson, Humphries and Emeka should NOT see the floor. Dario will hopefully play, and while its probably a pipe dream, maybe they let Embiid play tonight. Also, I want Furkan to play more than Stauskas. At this point we know what Stauskas is.. a bad defender who can't shoot reliably outside of practice.

Also, Fultz and Simmons should get more than a few minutes together on the court tonight. The Sixers looked their best with the starting lineup. Lets see that for more than half a quarter of basketball.
bball4life
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by bball4life » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:02 pm

Also, Holmes looked TERRIBLE in the first game. I wouldn't hate if they started Vegan Jah over him if Embiid isn't playing. He sort of earned it in the first game as hard as that is to believe.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#5 » by Sixerscan » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:03 pm

bball4life wrote:I'm just hoping this game that they choose to use players who actually will be in the rotation for when the games matter. Anderson, Humphries and Emeka should NOT see the floor. Dario will hopefully play, and while its probably a pipe dream, maybe they let Embiid play tonight. Also, I want Furkan to play more than Stauskas. At this point we know what Stauskas is.. a bad defender who can't shoot reliably outside of practice.

Also, Fultz and Simmons should get more than a few minutes together on the court tonight. The Sixers looked their best with the starting lineup. Lets see that for more than half a quarter of basketball.

Dario and Embiid aren't playing. Or TLC.

It's a preseason game. They're not gonna just play a regular rotation. There will be plenty of actual games for that.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,109

Post#6 » by Kobblehead » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:15 pm

bball4life wrote:Also, Holmes looked TERRIBLE in the first game. I wouldn't hate if they started Vegan Jah over him if Embiid isn't playing. He sort of earned it in the first game as hard as that is to believe.

Holmes converted 4 assists on his 9 points. Okafor converted 1 assist on his 13 points. Having an assist converting big that scores within the flow of the offense and that finishes looks created by your playmakers is the smart route to take.

Besides, Richaun has a track record of being a far superior basketball player on both ends than Okafor. Making mistakes in a preseason game isn't significant enough to reverse course on Holmes in favor of Okafor.
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#7 » by phiphan » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:21 pm

Holmes has excellent positioning instincts around the rim, great hands, and finishing ability. That's what makes him a great offensive pairing with Simmons. Wish Embiid had the same knack for positioning. Just a shame Holmes is not a good rebounder or defender.
bball4life
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by bball4life » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:28 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
bball4life wrote:I'm just hoping this game that they choose to use players who actually will be in the rotation for when the games matter. Anderson, Humphries and Emeka should NOT see the floor. Dario will hopefully play, and while its probably a pipe dream, maybe they let Embiid play tonight. Also, I want Furkan to play more than Stauskas. At this point we know what Stauskas is.. a bad defender who can't shoot reliably outside of practice.

Dario and Embiid aren't playing. Or TLC.

It's a preseason game. They're not gonna just play a regular rotation. There will be plenty of actual games for that.

I know they aren't going to play a completely standard rotation, but there is no point in playing end of the bench scrubs much if at all in my opinion. And part of preseason is to help establish your rotation I would think. You have to see how key players work together.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,577

Re: Celtics @ Sixers - Preseason Gam 

Post#9 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:28 pm

Will Fultz play?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
bball4life
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by bball4life » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:30 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
bball4life wrote:Also, Holmes looked TERRIBLE in the first game. I wouldn't hate if they started Vegan Jah over him if Embiid isn't playing. He sort of earned it in the first game as hard as that is to believe.

Holmes converted 4 assists on his 9 points. Okafor converted 1 assist on his 13 points. Having an assist converting big that scores within the flow of the offense and that finishes looks created by your playmakers is the smart route to take.

Besides, Richaun has a track record of being a far superior basketball player on both ends than Okafor. Making mistakes in a preseason game isn't significant enough to reverse course on Holmes in favor of Okafor.

Offense wasn't the problem. He was awful on defense, truly horrible. Made Wright look like Olajuwon. Hopefully it was just a "bad game" but he did nothing well on that end of the floor.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#11 » by JojoSlimbiid » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:32 pm

76ciology wrote:Will Fultz play?

He better. I don't care if he has another bad game but not playing is weak. Shoulder soreness my ass. Probably got like 400 shots up after that game and hurt himself.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,577

Post#12 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:39 pm

JojoSlimbiid wrote:
76ciology wrote:Will Fultz play?

He better. I don't care if he has another bad game but not playing is weak. Shoulder soreness my ass. Probably got like 400 shots up after that game and hurt himself.

Fultz better play or else Okafor has no choice but to drop atleast 40 against the Celtics. He’s going to eat Baynes and Horford alive like fresh caesar salad.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#13 » by Unbreakable99 » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:40 pm

I have a bad feeling Fultz won't play. If he doesn't then this is a bad sign imo. They shouldn't be babying him. His shoulder is fine. He better play. We want to see how this kid bounces back from an atrocious game.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#14 » by smittybanton » Fri Oct 6, 2017 4:09 pm

bball4life wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

Offense wasn't the problem. He was awful on defense, truly horrible. Made Wright look like Olajuwon. Hopefully it was just a "bad game" but he did nothing well on that end of the floor.

Richaun for all his speed and thunderousness, has given up over 50%FGA every year he's been here. Joel by contrast darn near led the league at around 42%. Okafor is usually around 47-48% (its guarding other peoples man in pnr that he can't do). Richaun does not move all that well laterally. Doesn't have good help recognition. I had hoped his three point shooting was further along. If Okafor has to go, so does Richaun. Bolden and Pasecniks have more potential defensively.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,991

Post#15 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Oct 6, 2017 4:23 pm

Kobblehead wrote:

Except Okafor is a very good passing big. I've never had a problem having the ball in his hands.

As far as Holmes goes I like him and I still think he can play limited minutes at the five but he sort of showed the problem with that. I'm interest to see if Saric can do the role better.
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,954

Post#16 » by leper-con » Fri Oct 6, 2017 4:32 pm

I hope he does play. I'd like to see what he can do and he should be extra motivated as the Celtics traded his rights away.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#17 » by Sixerscan » Fri Oct 6, 2017 4:36 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

Except Okafor is a very good passing big. I've never had a problem having the ball in his hands.

As far as Holmes goes I like him and I still think he can play limited minutes at the five but he sort of showed the problem with that. I'm interest to see if Saric can do the role better.

Issue isn't whether Okafor is good at passing it's that the ball has historically stuck in his hands when he gets it killing ball movement. One of the biggest things I'm looking to see him improve on is making quicker decisions. No more palming the ball.
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 954

Post#18 » by Tony Franciosa » Fri Oct 6, 2017 4:54 pm

probably not going to watch live, but looking forward to going through this thread of overreactions over Saturday morning coffee!
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#19 » by kingofthecourt67 » Fri Oct 6, 2017 5:55 pm

Kobblehead wrote:

Good use of sample size. Take note people and apply this to Markelle Fultz
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,247

Re: RE: Re: Celtics @ Sixers - Preseason Game 2 

Post#20 » by eyeatoma » Fri Oct 6, 2017 6:06 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:I have a bad feeling Fultz won't play. If he doesn't then this is a bad sign imo. They shouldn't be babying him. His shoulder is fine. He better play. We want to see how this kid bounces back from an atrocious game.

OMG seriously? You mean like how they babied Embiid and Simmons? I mean sometimes you just need to stop and listen to the ridiculous stuff that comes out of your mouth...

Sent from my SM-G935F using RealGM mobile app

Return to Philadelphia 76ers