ImageImageImage

Season Opener : Sixers @ Wizards - Wednesday Oct. 18 - 7PM EST!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,810

Re: Season Opener : Sixers @ Wizards - Wednesday Oct. 18 - 7PM EST!! 

Post#941 » by HotelVitale » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:17 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:Fultz showed some positives but he needs to start shouting jumpers. I don’t know what the help is wrong with him. I saw some good things in him but dude you need to take some threes and shoot normal foul shots. Bill Cartwright should not have a better form than you.
I actually liked the way he played tonight--why force things or take what the defense doesn't give when you're a rookie playing in a tight game? Take the open lanes and push things when you can, then dump the ball off if you don't have a great look. He can work on all the other iso moves and stepbacks and the rest of his bag of tricks in due time. (And nice Cartwright reference! Dude always looked like he was an 82 year old flinging a barrel from the stripe).
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#942 » by James40 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:18 am

Sixerscan wrote:Happy with how they played. Stuff to work on for sure, especially defensively. But they're going to win a decent number of games playing like that.

They played really well.

Bayless is gonna Bayless so it’s not that terribly disappointing. Fultz played with energy and I was happy with his drives to the hoop, but this shoulder thing isn’t right.

A number 1 pick shouldn’t embarrass himself at the FT line, he did.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#943 » by LongLiveHinkie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 am

Read on Twitter

Go SIXERS!
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#944 » by kingofthecourt67 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 am

As much as I thought Embiid played "poor by his standards" and I am absolutely THRILLED with the body control and lack of recklessness that he played with. This is the style of basketball that can lead to 70+ games in a season
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,217

Re: RE: Re: Season Opener : Sixers @ Wizards - Wednesday Oct. 18 - 7PM EST!! 

Post#945 » by eyeatoma » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Go SIXERS!
Embiid legit seems pissed. I think he's mad the organization didn't tell him the plan... Fuuuuuuck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#946 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:24 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Go SIXERS!

Unleash the beast. I like it. I may be in the minority. It I don’t want restrictions. It I know why they do it. Players are more prone to getting hurt when they are tired. It Embiid wants to play. Let when the beast play.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#947 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:31 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
LongLiveHinkie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Go SIXERS!

Unleash the beast. I like it. I may be in the minority. It I don’t want restrictions. It I know why they do it. Players are more prone to getting hurt when they are tired. It Embiid wants to play. Let when the beast play.

My opinion is we need to look out for his health and save him from himself.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Re: RE: Re: Season Opener : Sixers @ Wizards - Wednesday Oct. 18 - 7PM EST!! 

Post#948 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:32 am

eyeatoma wrote:
LongLiveHinkie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Go SIXERS!
Embiid legit seems pissed. I think he's mad the organization didn't tell him the plan... Fuuuuuuck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think he is more pissed that the organization put a minimum minutes played clause in his contract then suddenly he is told that he can only play in teens minutes. If you are going to include a minutes played clause in his contract, then you should not impose a minutes restriction to the player.
MNSixerFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 136

Post#949 » by MNSixerFan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:34 am

Something has to be wrong with Fultz
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#950 » by Sixerscan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:36 am

KrazySixersD wrote:
MNSixerFan wrote:
KrazySixersD wrote:we must beat boston on Friday

liked that embiid got 27 min tonight... i didnt think the 16 thing was real and thankfully it wasnt

no way covington should only get 29 min... thats a joke... and no way bayless should play as much as he did either

Yeah Cov needs more run! Foul trouble??

he had 4, maybe that was part of the reason... but his defense and outside shot is a must on the court, i would think 35 mpg like simmons is a must

take those 6 min away from bayless... bayless was fine offensively but was a liability defensively

would like to see fultz atleast take an open 3 to see how it looks... I just cant imagine what happend to the 42% 3 point shooter from college and the one who looked good in summer league

He got 2 fouls with like 7 minutes to go in the 2nd and Brett held him out the rest of the half. He's always super conservative with Covington not getting in foul trouble early.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#951 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:40 am

Just watching the replay now. You know who i dont like at all?? Kelly oubre. The kid showboats every single time he makes a normal NBA play. And then we he gets crossed up by TJ who dishes to Amir who dunks while Oubre tries to block it from behind, he immediately starts complaining to the ref about something and throws his hands up... don't know much about him but he seems like a major punk.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#952 » by cksdayoff » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:43 am

i remember one nauseating sequence where tj drove to the basket, should've went up strong and layed it up but he decides to dribble out of the paint and pass it to roco who throws a mcnabb wormburner pass to redick that doesn't go anywhere near redick but goes out of bounds instead.

lol
#failforfultz
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#953 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:43 am

51X3RF4N wrote:Just watching the replay now. You know who i dont like at all?? Kelly oubre. The kid showboats every single time he makes a normal NBA play. And then we he gets crossed up by TJ who dishes to Amir who dunks while Oubre tries to block it from behind, he immediately starts complaining to the ref about something and throws his hands up... don't know much about him but he seems like a major punk.

That is the entire team though. It's funny actually watching Gortat maul people then complain to the refs every time he's called. He literally never thinks he commits a foul
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,550

Post#954 » by 76ciology » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:45 am

cksdayoff wrote:i remember one nauseating sequence where tj drove to the basket, should've went up strong and layed it up but he decides to dribble out of the paint and pass it to roco who throws a mcnabb wormburner pass to redick that doesn't go anywhere near redick but goes out of bounds instead.

lol

I think he got paranoid with Wall's chase down ability
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#955 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:45 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:Just watching the replay now. You know who i dont like at all?? Kelly oubre. The kid showboats every single time he makes a normal NBA play. And then we he gets crossed up by TJ who dishes to Amir who dunks while Oubre tries to block it from behind, he immediately starts complaining to the ref about something and throws his hands up... don't know much about him but he seems like a major punk.

That is the entire team though. It's funny actually watching Gortat maul people then complain to the refs every time he's called. He literally never thinks he commits a foul

Every screen Gortat made is a moving screen and he got called for it only once. It is ridiculous
cksdayoff
RealGM

Post#956 » by cksdayoff » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:46 am

amir fouled out in 15 minutes. im dead lmao
#failforfultz
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 342

Post#957 » by Jhawk03 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:46 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
LongLiveHinkie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Go SIXERS!

I think he realizes that he needs to play 35 mins in order to be taken seriously by contenders.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#958 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:46 am

76ciology wrote:
cksdayoff wrote:i remember one nauseating sequence where tj drove to the basket, should've went up strong and layed it up but he decides to dribble out of the paint and pass it to roco who throws a mcnabb wormburner pass to redick that doesn't go anywhere near redick but goes out of bounds instead.

lol

I think he got paranoid with Wall's chase down ability

TJ was awful tonight. Had no answer for wall on defense and was an actual zero on offense.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#959 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:53 am

cksdayoff wrote:amir fouled out in 15 minutes. im dead lmao

If Brett Brown benched Okafor then he needs to have his head examined. Most nights Amir has the better matchup this game Amir was so undersized it just made zero sense to put him out there against Gortat.
cksdayoff
RealGM

Post#960 » by cksdayoff » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:55 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
cksdayoff wrote:amir fouled out in 15 minutes. im dead lmao

If Brett Brown benched Okafor then he needs to have his head examined. Most nights Amir has the better matchup this game Amir was so undersized it just made zero sense to put him out there against Gortat.

amir was just bad all around, he airballed most of his shots too. okafor might be a turnstile but he'd probably put up a couple of points. maybe grab a board or two. all in hindsight though. in the game thread, i didn't want okafor stepping on the court :lol:
#failforfultz

Return to Philadelphia 76ers