Re: OT Hayward injury 

Post#21 » by Wilfried » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:51 am

Feel very bad for Hayward AND the Celtics
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#22 » by PLO » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 am

Shocking injury, he's a very good player but not one that would have put them over the top IMO, playing or not. Hoping for a speedy and full recovery for Hayward. I've always had this view Boston adores its white sportsmen more than a lot of other places so I guess their Great White Hope now is Baynes.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

OT Hayward injury 

Post#23 » by Ericb5 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:16 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:You started a thread when it is already all over the place, and now we have it playing on a loop on the home screen.

You should be banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what?

Do yourself and me a favor and if you have problem with me just block me. I also didn't see any thread on the board regarding the injury nor in the around the league. I made a separate thread because it was newsworthy.

No idea what set you off. If you didn't want to discuss Hayward injury maybe you shouldn't have clicked on the thread.

Also just so we are clear though it really shouldn't need to be said prayers are with Hayward for a speedy recovery.

Were you not reading the thread discussing the injury about how freaked out everyone was, and that nobody wanted to see it?

You then post a new thread with the injury playing on a continual loop on the home page of the forum so everyone who comes to the forum is forced to watch it repeatedly whether they click on it or not?

At least on tapatalk that is what is happening.

Mods, do something about it please. Delete the link, and get it off the home page.

If anyone wants to see the injury they can google it. We don’t need it to be shoved down our throats just by coming to the forum.

I think that having the thread here at all is in bad taste, but the loop of the injury is inexcusable.

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,508

Post#24 » by 76ciology » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Semi-OT

I feel Celtics plan is to acquire AD at some point, this would have a less radical transition from Horford to AD. This would slide AD&Hayward to a secondary and tertiary role, respectively, that I think suits them best.

I hear this a lot especially from Boston fans. Why on earth would New Orleans trade Davis? Come on. I can assure you that trade will not happen. I mean would you trade him? The only way they even entertain reading him is if he pulls a Paul George or Kyrie and says he’s not resigning. If he doesn’t say that they won’t trade him even if they still suck. And even if they try to trade him what will Boston give up? Let’s say they were going to trade him today. If I’m New Orleans I ask for Tatum Brown and Smart and the Lakers/Kings pick or no deal.

As an FA. You can't control these things nowadays. Players dictates where they want to go.

At worst, they have a plethora of wings that is a position Pels need. Plus a lotto pick or two in the horizon
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#25 » by Sixerscan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 am

Ericb5 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:You started a thread when it is already all over the place, and now we have it playing on a loop on the home screen.

You should be banned.

For what?

Do yourself and me a favor and if you have problem with me just block me. I also didn't see any thread on the board regarding the injury nor in the around the league. I made a separate thread because it was newsworthy.

No idea what set you off. If you didn't want to discuss Hayward injury maybe you shouldn't have clicked on the thread.

Also just so we are clear though it really shouldn't need to be said prayers are with Hayward for a speedy recovery.

Were you not reading the thread discussing the injury about how freaked out everyone was, and that nobody wanted to see it?

You then post a new thread with the injury playing on a continual loop on the home page of the forum so everyone who comes to the forum is forced to watch it repeatedly whether they click on it or not?

At least on tapatalk that is what is happening.

Mods, do something about it please. Delete the link, and get it off the home page.

If anyone wants to see the injury they can google it. We don’t need it to be shoved down our throats just by coming to the forum.

I think that having the thread here at all is in bad taste, but the loop of the injury is inexcusable.

This sounds like a settings issue on your end, but I deleted the video.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#26 » by LloydFree » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 am

Before the injury, I didn't think the Celtics were a lock to be a top 2 seed. Now I don't think they will be a top 4 seed. Always thought Kyrie had a chance to be scoring champ this year. Now I think the scoring title is in the bag.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,986

Post#27 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 pm

LloydFree wrote:Before the injury, I didn't think the Celtics were a lock to be a top 2 seed. Now I don't think they will be a top 4 seed. Always thought Kyrie had a chance to be scoring champ this year. Now I think the scoring title is in the bag.

Yeah, Irving is going to go full ISO.

One of the thing the Hayward injury I hope does is get Embiid some perspective. He was talking about how the minute restriction is f'n bull but you see how quickly your career can turn. I hope he sort of realizes that with the amount he has on the line and the amount the sixers have on the line our first responsibility has to be his longterm health.

Another thing that will sort of be interesting moving forward is the cap ramifications of this. One of the sort of silver linings for Hayward at least as far as you can have one on a devastating injury like this is he got paid first. If this happened last year like with IT it would really, really suck.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#28 » by GeorgeMarcus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm

LloydFree wrote:Before the injury, I didn't think the Celtics were a lock to be a top 2 seed. Now I don't think they will be a top 4 seed. Always thought Kyrie had a chance to be scoring champ this year. Now I think the scoring title is in the bag.

Agreed. With Hayward, I actually thought they digressed a bit from last year, but without him they are a 5-7 seed in the East.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,794

Post#29 » by HotelVitale » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:20 pm

76ciology wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote: I hear this a lot especially from Boston fans. Why on earth would New Orleans trade Davis? Come on. I can assure you that trade will not happen. I mean would you trade him? The only way they even entertain reading him is if he pulls a Paul George or Kyrie and says he’s not resigning. If he doesn’t say that they won’t trade him even if they still suck. And even if they try to trade him what will Boston give up? Let’s say they were going to trade him today. If I’m New Orleans I ask for Tatum Brown and Smart and the Lakers/Kings pick or no deal.
As an FA. You can't control these things nowadays. Players dictates where they want to go. At worst, they have a plethora of wings that is a position Pels need. Plus a lotto pick or two in the horizon
This is greatly oversimplified. First of all, Davis is signed for 3 or 4 more season (option year the 4th) so he absolutely cannot leave as a FA for at least 3 years. That also means that there's zero reason for the Pells to consider trading him for at least another 1.5 years at the earliest--and at that point, Horford is nearing 33 years old and is probably winding down, so would you really empty your cabinets to have a capped-out, thin team with Kyrie-Hayward as your main selling point? Also the Pells aren't going to 'need' wings if they don't have Davis, since trading him means they're starting from scratch and aren't building based on need.

Also Davis is a legit MVP candidate if healthy, he's not like a Kyrie that you're willing to give up for a nice ransom because he's more a second banana that can help put other teams over the top. If Kyrie was better, the Cavs would've tried to make that work a lot more than they did.

I'm not saying there's no chance the Celtics trade or AD but it's a distant possibility now rather than something to bother planning around. Lots of things have to go right for it to be possible (Pells suck the next two seasons, they don't bring in any exciting new talent, Celtics show promise enough and maybe land a few other interesting guys, etc)--and even then some other teams might be able to beat the Celtics offer. (And it's not like AD has some passion for the Celtics or Boston or anything.)
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#30 » by smittybanton » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:11 pm

I hate that Brown and Tatum complement each other so well. Their games and their attitudes. I was enjoying the Celtics putting their hopes on Brown, because I believe his reckless style will be inefficient and damaging. But Tatum is so smooth that together, they have a sort of fire-and-ice thing going on. As a basketball fan, I'm impressed. As a Sixers fan, I hate it.

Fortunately, with their weakness being inside, I don't see anyway they're gonna stop JoJo and Ben anyway!

Let's gooooooo!!!!
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#31 » by LloydFree » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:13 pm

SuperDario wrote:

Agreed. With Hayward, I actually thought they digressed a bit from last year, but without him they are a 5-7 seed in the East.

Yeah, this injury puts a damper on the season for their fans, but realistically they weren't challenging for anything this year anyway. On the bright side, they're going to have to play Tatum, so he's going to get a chance to play big minutes in a good system. He's got a chance at ROY now. Also helps a favorite of mine, Marcus Smart. He may have to start now, so that will help him with his restricted Free agency.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#32 » by James40 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Stevens is a good coach plus the East stinks,

1 Cavs
2 Wizards
3 Celtics
4 Raptors

IMHO, it’s a crapshoot after those 4 with the Sixers getting a 6-8 seed.
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#33 » by Scarletfire81 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm

As a Celtics fan I will tune in to some of your game tonight, your team is one of the most intriguing. I am interested to see how Simmons and Fultz perform, you guys have a lot to be excited about.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 661

Post#34 » by Monix » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm

This is a clown thread, bro
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,986

Post#35 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Scarletfire81 wrote:As a Celtics fan I will tune in to some of your game tonight, your team is one of the most intriguing. I am interested to see how Simmons and Fultz perform, you guys have a lot to be excited about.

Yeah, thanks.

Looks like Hayward will according to reports make a full recovery which is great. Saw the two kids of the Celtics play last night both look good. There is definitely some promise there as well. Hope the deal works out well for both teams.

Someone on the C's needs to have a sitdown with Smart though.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers