100% physically injured
48%

Total votes: 104

smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Re: The legitimacy of Markelle Fultz's shoulder injury 

Post#41 » by smittybanton » Sat Dec 9, 2017 7:30 pm

My $5 says 19year old kid got hurt doing something he wasn't supposed to over the summer once he got paid. Can't admit it to the team, and the team doesn't want to know because of insurance riders.

Whatever it is, this is some frustrating bull.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#42 » by agiaco » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:24 pm

did he throw and pitches at a phillies game? haha
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#43 » by LloydFree » Sat Dec 9, 2017 8:33 pm

smittybanton wrote:My $5 says 19year old kid got hurt doing something he wasn't supposed to over the summer once he got paid. Can't admit it to the team, and the team doesn't want to know because of insurance riders.

So you believe the trainers and cooaches watched him lift weights and workout just fine, but his "injury" wouldn't allow him to lift his arm for free throws? :D

I think he spent too much time in August playing 2K with classic teams, and tried to copy Oscar Robertson and Bobby Dandridge's FT motion, to improve on his 60% rate. :lol:
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
HankTheTank
Pro Prospect
And1: 558

Post#44 » by HankTheTank » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:18 pm

The whole thing is depressing as hell. IMO, he felt overmatched and overwhelmed, and this endless rehab is a mental health break.
*GENIUS*
Hinkie graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0 GPA from the Univ of Oklahoma and was named one of the top-60 undergrad students in the nation by USA TODAY. He holds an MBA from Stanford, graduating with highest honors as an Arjay Miller Scholar.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#45 » by smittybanton » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:24 pm

LloydFree wrote:
smittybanton wrote:My $5 says 19year old kid got hurt doing something he wasn't supposed to over the summer once he got paid. Can't admit it to the team, and the team doesn't want to know because of insurance riders.

So you believe the trainers and cooaches watched him lift weights and workout just fine, but his "injury" wouldn't allow him to lift his arm for free throws? :D

I think he spent too much time in August playing 2K with classic teams, and tried to copy Oscar Robertson and Bobby Dandridge's FT motion, to improve on his 60% rate. :lol:

You think they sat by and watched them lift and workout but they were entirely unconcerned about their multimillion dollar investment changing his form to something stupid for absolutely no reason? :lol: I'm frustrated, but I can't jump off that cliff with you.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#46 » by Kobblehead » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:34 pm

The sad part is, we all thought our situation, having two superstars already, would allow Fultz to come in with less pressure than most #1 picks that were expected to carry a franchise on their back by themselves.
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by smittybanton » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:40 pm

smittybanton wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

You think they sat by and watched them lift and workout but they were entirely unconcerned about their multimillion dollar investment changing his form to something stupid for absolutely no reason? :lol: I'm frustrated, but I can't jump off that cliff with you.

And may I also plea for my brethren who hated the trade as I did to take their ire out on Bryan Colangelo and not Markelle Fultz. Fultz is a Sixer and he didn't ask us to trade up for him. He also fits what we need to add to this team, considering the last couple losses.

I wish folks would spend as much time **** on JJ Redick losing the rock in crunch time for $23M. Or Amir Johnson bricking every three point attempt he's made for $10M, no better than if Nerlens would've taken them. Justin Anderson is a scrub. Sergio ($10M), Henderson ($10M), Bayless... Squanderer! Sat back while our future first round picks depreciated from perceived lotto picks to perceived second rounders.

His only saving grace in my eyes is Furkan Korkmaz and Jonah Bolden. And I'm taking a leap of faith on those.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#48 » by LloydFree » Sat Dec 9, 2017 9:49 pm

smittybanton wrote:
smittybanton wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

And may I also plea for my brethren who hated the trade as I did to take their ire out on Bryan Colangelo and not Markelle Fultz. Fultz is a Sixer and he didn't ask us to trade up for him. He also fits what we need to add to this team, considering the last couple losses.

I wish folks would spend as much time **** on JJ Redick losing the rock in crunch time for $23M. Or Amir Johnson bricking every three point attempt he's made for $10M, no better than if Nerlens would've taken them. Justin Anderson is a scrub. Sergio ($10M), Henderson ($10M), Bayless... Squanderer! Sat back while our future first round picks depreciated from perceived lotto picks to perceived second rounders.

His only saving grace in my eyes is Furkan Korkmaz and Jonah Bolden. And I'm taking a leap of faith on those.

You are absolutely right. I'm not mad at Fultz at all. Colangelo was the fool who traded up for him. Its not the player's fault he's in over his head.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#49 » by 76ciology » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:41 am

smittybanton wrote:
smittybanton wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

JJ is a bargain with his deal. Considering he's an elite "not just a spot up" shooter and its duration

Amir has one of the league's best per minute rebs and blks. Look at his DBPM its around 3.++, last time i checked. He has been great on D and is one of the leagues best in assisted screens. That and its duration are why its a good contract.

The rest.. If you notice all of them are on one year deals. These days you cant get these type of players on one year deals, specially with last season's team.

Nerlens and Jah were never really valued as some would like to believe. Thats also why they kind of slipped to us.

You make it sound like he handed albatross contracts and traded away franchise players. Bottom line, he keep and added potential franchise players with Ben, Biid and Fultz. While he also maintain cap flexibility while makes the team winnable short term to attract FAs.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#50 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 pm

I don’t buy that the kid who played in the SL just magically lost all his skill and is scared to play.

Something happened. Whether it was a bizarre injury or experiment gone wrong.....something def went down. Doubt we will find out the real answer for years.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,981

Post#51 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 pm

I said at the time we needed to get him off the court when he couldn't shoot due to injury. Now we only have to deal with the injury but also the fallout from a confidence standpoint.

With that being said I think he needs to play now that he's healthy.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#52 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:31 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:I said at the time we needed to get him off the court when he couldn't shoot due to injury. Now we only have to deal with the injury but also the fallout from a confidence standpoint.

With that being said I think he needs to play now that he's healthy.

if he’s not back in the 3 week timeline, I’ll be outraged.

Especially if this teams serious about making a playoff push....they need Fultz and they need him soon.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#53 » by Kobblehead » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:41 pm

LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#54 » by LongLiveHinkie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:56 pm

Exactly what I said yesterday in the thread that was mercifully locked. He's rebuilding strength in his shoulder after basically not using it for 2 months.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#55 » by Kobblehead » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 am

Are we wearing the red uniforms tonight? Not going to happen, but what a twist it would be if he suited up tonight.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#56 » by Negrodamus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:47 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

C'mon ESPN, demand he take a free throw!
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#57 » by James40 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:46 am

If his shoulder is pain free, I’d expect he’s shooting hoops somewhere, hell, Hayward is shooting.

Don’t give me shoulder vs leg, pain free is pain free, he better be shooting his ass off somewhere.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#58 » by BullyKing » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:50 am

Consider this a formal warning to everyone but this thread will not be turned into the dumpster fire of the Fultz thread that HW locked. Everyone needs a weekend off from creating pages and pages of Fultz posts where literally nothing new has happened
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#59 » by Simmons25 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:09 am

James40 wrote:If his shoulder is pain free, I’d expect he’s shooting hoops somewhere, hell, Hayward is shooting.

Don’t give me shoulder vs leg, pain free is pain free, he better be shooting his ass off somewhere.

Obviously by your 2nd sentence you realised how stupid your first sentence would sound... but still posted it anyway.

I'm so over everyone throwing the toys out of the cot over Fultz.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#60 » by BullyKing » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 am

Yup, already see where this heading.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers