Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

SpoSucks
Junior
And1: 1,262

Re: Why does TJ still play! 

Post#141 » by SpoSucks » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:56 am

Sixerscan wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Lol what. TJ has been a crowd favorite at least since like a month into his Sixers career. I remember going to a game in the first month of his rookie year (where they didn't win a game) and there being a standing ovation for him. Before this season started a Sixers podcast had a live event with like 500 people and asked TJ to come because of how popular he is. Don't let a few random haters on the internet paint a false picture.

You're delusional. Go read the contemporary posts. Seth Partnow, now an executive with the Milwaukee Bucks, once posted that TJ was not an NBA player. Do you actually think you clowns saw this coming better than an NBA executive. You were as lost as he was. Like I said, enjoy it. Revel in your good fortune. If there where such a thing.

You're the delusional one man. Enjoy convincing a bunch of people you've never met that a fanbase that you've never experienced how a player was received. That's cool that you went to a high school game he played in though. I went to a high school game that Kyle Lowry played in, can confirm he was good.

Typical Sixers fan arrogance. WE STAND ALONE! Nobody has ever done what we've done! ****.

JFC, I probably watched more games in the early years than you did. I watched so many meaningless games cheering for wins it was crazy.

You still haven't addresses my point about TJ. Like I said, you didn't get it.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#142 » by Sixerscan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 am

SpoSucks wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:
You're delusional. Go read the contemporary posts. Seth Partnow, now an executive with the Milwaukee Bucks, once posted that TJ was not an NBA player. Do you actually think you clowns saw this coming better than an NBA executive. You were as lost as he was. Like I said, enjoy it. Revel in your good fortune. If there where such a thing.

You're the delusional one man. Enjoy convincing a bunch of people you've never met that a fanbase that you've never experienced how a player was received. That's cool that you went to a high school game he played in though. I went to a high school game that Kyle Lowry played in, can confirm he was good.

Typical Sixers fan arrogance. WE STAND ALONE! Nobody has ever done what we've done! ****.

JFC, I probably watched more games in the early years than you did.

Bruh I have 24,000 posts on a Sixers message board. What do you think?

Have you ever been in the Wells Fargo Center? Ever? Just wondering. Anyone who has ever lived in philly should know that his style would make the city fall in love with him immediately.
Juannydawkins
Junior
And1: 25

Post#143 » by Juannydawkins » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:59 am

SpoSucks wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:
Here's the funny thing about this post. When TJ first came up, he was close to universally hated. He shouldn't be on the summer league team. He shouldn't be invited to training camp. He'll never make the roster. Why is he on the team, he'll never play. When X player gets back, TJ won't play. He'll never be even a good back-up. We need to go out and get a good PG. We need a real PG. The Sixers problem is their guard play (this was special since it occurred most during the Okafor days.) I can't wait until Fultz takes over. The Sixers need a guard that can shoot. I love TJ!

Oh, Sixers fans.

Lol what. TJ has been a crowd favorite at least since like a month into his Sixers career. I remember going to a game in the first month of his rookie year (where they didn't win a game) and there being a standing ovation for him. Before this season started a Sixers podcast had a live event with like 500 people and asked TJ to come because of how popular he is. Don't let a few random haters on the internet paint a false picture.

TJ has always played "the Philly way" which is to say - the right way - hard and with passion. While his skillset has improved with time... as he works hard - he's always given the effort, and we've always given him credit for that. We still mostly view him as a 6th man, ideally - tho if he keeps making leaps and bounds, we'll let him surprise us. But he's certainly part of the Process.
: )
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#144 » by mithrandir17 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:00 am

JojoSlimbiid wrote:Find it funny the amount of people making fun of the OP like they weren't slipping and sliding their way all over the trade Dario thread.

The trade dario thread was about trading dario while his value is at its highest not because he can't play
SpoSucks
Junior
And1: 1,262

Post#145 » by SpoSucks » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 am

Sixerscan wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:
Sixerscan wrote: You're the delusional one man. Enjoy convincing a bunch of people you've never met that a fanbase that you've never experienced how a player was received. That's cool that you went to a high school game he played in though. I went to a high school game that Kyle Lowry played in, can confirm he was good.

Have you ever been in the Wells Fargo Center? Ever? Just wondering.

Wonderful. Call to number of posts. lol. You obviously weren't paying attention much if you thought TJ was a sixth man after three years. I knew how good he was years ago. He's a starter dummy. Get it. You still don't understand , after 24,XXX,XXX posts. Go post more. It will help your clarity of thought. Just kidding. You have none.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#146 » by Sixerscan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:15 am

SpoSucks wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
SpoSucks wrote:

Have you ever been in the Wells Fargo Center? Ever? Just wondering.

Wonderful. Call to number of posts. lol. You obviously weren't paying attention much if you thought TJ was a sixth man after three years. I knew how good he was years ago. He's a starter dummy. Get it. You still don't understand , after 24,XXX,XXX posts. Go post more. It will help your clarity of thought. Just kidding. You have none.

Congrats, enjoy your break.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#147 » by cksdayoff » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:17 am

so i guess thinking his ceiling as a solid backup pg is suppose to be an insult now? (and this was before he found a jumpshot)
#failforfultz
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#148 » by Winejk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:45 am

It was only a matter of time TJ got one. He's been on pace many times before, but never got over the top. Congrats TJ!
Kova
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#149 » by Kova » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:03 am

Congrats TJ, well deserved.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#150 » by Ericb5 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:58 pm

When TJ was first signed I don't think that anyone thought anything about it other than the fact that we were so devoid of talent that he had a chance to make the team after that first summer league.

By the end of his rookie year I think that the range of opinions on him went from "get him off the team, he sucks" to "maybe he can be a viable back up for us in time".

Since then he has gotten better each year, but his ceiling hasn't changed. He is just proving to be capable of a full time nba back up roll.

Basketball history is littered with players similar to what TJ was in college crashing and burning, or never even getting an opportunity, in the nba. He is a tremendous success story, and it is a testament to Hinkie, Brown, and himself that he has gotten this far.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#151 » by Arsenal » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:20 pm

TJ just keeps improving, which is all you can ask for. He's already a very good backup PG. The last thing we need is for him to get his 3 pointer off quicker, so he doesn't need as much open space to shoot it. Once defenders are forced to stay close to him outside, it will be a huge boost to the entire offense. After watching him for 2+ years, I won't bet against him.
Stribor
Pro Prospect
And1: 492

Post#152 » by Stribor » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:39 pm

I just love TJ. People on the board are sometimes to focused on stars. They all need backup and roleplayers, and I believe it is always better to develop this players in your own game system then to retro fit them. That's the reason why I am still high on TLC. He is younger and actually have prepositions to succeed into a backup role more easily than not ...
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#153 » by Sixersftw » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Ericb5 wrote:Since then he has gotten better each year, but his ceiling hasn't changed. He is just proving to be capable of a full time nba back up roll.

I think his ceiling definitely has changed. The addition of a reliable 3 point shot has resulted in him becoming the lynch pin of the 2nd uni. Without that shot I'd say he would cap out as an rotation player that is a fan favorite but not exactly integral to the success of the team. Going from no shot to a reliable (with enough reps, excellent) shooter on open shots has made him into a dude that I see as a mainstay of the team.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
cksdayoff
RealGM

Post#154 » by cksdayoff » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:49 pm

he’s better than delly and barrea. both were a big part in their respective teams winning a ring
#failforfultz
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#155 » by agiaco » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm

So now people are fighting over how well they projected TJ's rise to greatness. Just enjoy that we have such a skilled player that outworks his opponents almost every night. No need to bicker about who knew it best or saw it coming. TJ is an NBA player and a damn good one. Honestly becoming my favorite player. His crowd pump up is better than Jojo's too!
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#156 » by BoomBap » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:32 pm

TJ is such a baller and I hope he will be here for another 10+ years.
agiaco
Analyst

Post#157 » by agiaco » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:52 pm

JoJoEmbiid wrote:
OleSchool wrote:Because his patented drive down the lane, make a 90 degree cut along the baseline, then dribble back up to the 3 point line is ungardable!

This is amazing

What's up man?
cksdayoff
RealGM

Post#158 » by cksdayoff » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:59 pm

agiaco wrote:So now people are fighting over how well they projected TJ's rise to greatness. Just enjoy that we have such a skilled player that outworks his opponents almost every night. No need to bicker about who knew it best or saw it coming. TJ is an NBA player and a damn good one. Honestly becoming my favorite player. His crowd pump up is better than Jojo's too!

eh no one really projected it. his defense along with running the point is what made a lot of people think he would be a solid backup. adding a ‘midrange’ and 3 point shot changes everything though
#failforfultz
agiaco
Analyst

Post#159 » by agiaco » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:01 pm

cksdayoff wrote:
agiaco wrote:So now people are fighting over how well they projected TJ's rise to greatness. Just enjoy that we have such a skilled player that outworks his opponents almost every night. No need to bicker about who knew it best or saw it coming. TJ is an NBA player and a damn good one. Honestly becoming my favorite player. His crowd pump up is better than Jojo's too!

eh no one really projected it. his defense along with running the point is what made a lot of people think he would be a solid backup. adding a ‘midrange’ and 3 point shot changes everything though

Lol go read "SpoSucks'" hot take on knowing TJ would be this good in the NBA after watching him in high school.
cksdayoff
RealGM

Post#160 » by cksdayoff » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:04 pm

agiaco wrote:
cksdayoff wrote:

Lol go read "SpoSucks'" hot take on knowing TJ would be this good in the NBA after watching him in high school.

oh lol. that guys just a troll, i took his posts with a grain of poo particle
#failforfultz

Return to Philadelphia 76ers