ImageImageImage

2018 Free Agency: Looking ahead at LeBron etc.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Re: 2018 Free Agency: Looking ahead at LeBron etc. 

Post#2321 » by JojoSlimbiid » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Wouldn't even trade #26 for a known rental at this point.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#2322 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:33 pm

SixthStreet wrote:Are the Lakers even going to be interested in George now? They can sign LeBron this year and Kawhi next year and keep all their assets, provided they only sign LeBron.

If I’m Magic, if LeBron is cool with punting next year, I’m doing that. Kawhi is a much better player than George.

Then it allows us to pivot to George who’s a pretty good fit for us.

That's what I've been saying these past couple of weeks.

All this Kawhi and LeBron stuff is pushing Paul George right into our arms. The other day it was reported that he would explore signing a 1 year deal with the Thunder. Sounds like a guy that knows all the seats on the Lakers are filling up.

We just need to get in a room with him and make our pitch.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,033

Post#2323 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:42 pm

SixthStreet wrote:Are the Lakers even going to be interested in George now? They can sign LeBron this year and Kawhi next year and keep all their assets, provided they only sign LeBron.

If I’m Magic, if LeBron is cool with punting next year, I’m doing that. Kawhi is a much better player than George.

Then it allows us to pivot to George who’s a pretty good fit for us.

They could still sign Bron and PG13, then sign and trade for Kawhi next summer when he demands a trade. Only problem for Bron is its a wasted year really with him being 34 this year and 35 next year.

After being pissed about Kawhi last night, I'm over that and thought about it now. The wasted year could be very important to Bron. PG13 could go 1 and 1 with OKC as reported. Kawhi won't be there so there is no reason to go to the Lakers this year, he can stay with OKC with a player option for next summer.

That leaves Bron, who won't go to LA by himself. So he will be looking for a 1 and 1 also with the player option. That comes down to us and Houston. With our ability to sign him outright barring any trades tomorrow, we can make a substantially better offer than the Rockets. I believe our chances at Bron just increased so we better watch for our cap room room tomorrow.
BballMania47
Senior
And1: 315

Post#2324 » by BballMania47 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:46 pm

JojoSlimbiid wrote:Wouldn't even trade #26 for a known rental at this point.

It’s a sacrifice that needs to be made. It increases our chances with LeBron and I really think he could be sold during the meeting. We’d have Simmons, Embiid, LeBron, Saric and Fultz plus #10. Does Leonard leave that squad?
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#2325 » by gdog2004 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:51 pm

It would appear to me the Sixers aren't going to get any of the top 3 guys. What's funny is, I still think Lebron and the Sixers is better than ANY combo of players the Lakers have with Lebron/Kawhi. But all these guys want to play in LA so not much you can do about that. LA the town itself is made for stars. Philly really can't compete with that unfortunately. It's not JUST about who has the best team and a chance to go to the finals. I am sure Bron has already talked to Kawhi and/or Paul George.
He organized the same deal in Miami a few years ago, he will do it again.
Forget about Kawhi, he is milking this "disrespect" over his injury all to just go to LA. Its so apparent. Its a dick move by him but hes a 26 year old kid and that's what kids do.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#2326 » by JojoSlimbiid » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:53 pm

BballMania47 wrote:
JojoSlimbiid wrote:Wouldn't even trade #26 for a known rental at this point.

It’s a sacrifice that needs to be made. It increases our chances with LeBron and I really think he could be sold during the meeting. We’d have Simmons, Embiid, LeBron, Saric and Fultz plus #10. Does Leonard leave that squad?

Yes because the situation is not about basketball at all. Who cares what the squad is?
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#2327 » by OleSchool » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:53 pm

I would try to make a play for Kemba, #10 +? no cov or Saric/Fultz but maybe 10 + Kork/TLC or 1 of the Euros (not Bolden).

Char. just traded DH for Moz and some 2ndss so there might be a fire sale going on down there
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#2328 » by cool93 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:53 pm

GutUNC wrote:
cool93 wrote:
fkd215 wrote:I'm pretty glad Kawhi clarified his intentions. This allows us to move on and not worry about "what if."

That said, in my ideal world the Celtics still trade for him, waste a lot of resources, and he still bounces for LA in 2019. Unfortunately their FO is probably too smart for that...

So you are saying that in your ideal world Celtics are favoured to win 2019 title?

Warriors say hi.

Stevens with a squad Irving, Tatum, Kawhi, Horford and either who stays between Hayward and Brown. Thay'll beat GSW. Irving and Kawhi already proved they can compete against Curry and Durant, rest of the squad will be better and coach is better.
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#2329 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:57 pm

gdog2004 wrote:It would appear to me the Sixers aren't going to get any of the top 3 guys. What's funny is, I still think Lebron and the Sixers is better than ANY combo of players the Lakers have with Lebron/Kawhi. But all these guys want to play in LA so not much you can do about that. LA the town itself is made for stars. Philly really can't compete with that unfortunately. It's not JUST about who has the best team and a chance to go to the finals. I am sure Bron has already talked to Kawhi and/or Paul George.
Forget about Kawhi, he is milking this "disrespect" over his injury all to just go to LA. Its so apparent. Its a dick move by him but hes a 26 year old kid and that's what kids do.

I really don't care if they ship Kawhi to China, we don't even know how healthy he is at the moment.

We need to pivot and worry about Bron first. Pop isn't sending Kawhi to LA, and Bron isn't going there just for PG13. It will come down to us and Houston on a 1 and 1, so he has the option to go to LA next summer.

If you want to think about PG13, that could be a sign and trade. I would think about a package for PG13 if you want to trade for anyone. We win a ring with Bron and PG13, then Kawhi can chill in LA by himself.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#2330 » by Ericb5 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:05 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:It would appear to me the Sixers aren't going to get any of the top 3 guys. What's funny is, I still think Lebron and the Sixers is better than ANY combo of players the Lakers have with Lebron/Kawhi. But all these guys want to play in LA so not much you can do about that. LA the town itself is made for stars. Philly really can't compete with that unfortunately. It's not JUST about who has the best team and a chance to go to the finals. I am sure Bron has already talked to Kawhi and/or Paul George.

I really don't care if they ship Kawhi to China, we don't even know how healthy he is at the moment.

We need to pivot and worry about Bron first. Pop isn't sending Kawhi to LA, and Bron isn't going there just for PG13. It will come down to us and Houston on a 1 and 1, so he has the option to go to LA next summer.

If you want to think about PG13, that could be a sign and trade. I would think about a package for PG13 if you want to trade for anyone. We win a ring with Bron and PG13, then Kawhi can chill in LA by himself.

Where do you see Houston getting the money for a 1 and 1 deal with Lebron?

Houston has no chance whatsoever. I think Lebron is going to LA or to Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TinyRik
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#2331 » by TinyRik » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:11 pm

OleSchool wrote:I would try to make a play for Kemba, #10 +? no cov or Saric/Fultz but maybe 10 + Kork/TLC or 1 of the Euros (not Bolden).

Char. just traded DH for Moz and some 2ndss so there might be a fire sale going on down there

From dreams of lebron,PG and kawhi to now kemba freakin walker. Smh the fultz disaster really changed this teams outlook. If he had a normal rookie year last year then nobody really cares if we don't sign anyone but now it would be a huge bummer bc we don't know if fultz will live up to his potential.
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#2332 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:

Yeah it won't work for the Rockets, no matter how much they try. Pop won't let Kawhi go to LA so why go there this season with only PG13 to lose. Heck if they were smart they would let LA tank this year and draft high next summer (in a bad draft), then all go out there next year.

We are in alot better position today with Bron if Pop really won't deal Kawhi to LA. Then if PG13 wants to come, we can talk sign and trade with OKC.
fkd215
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#2333 » by fkd215 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:14 pm

cool93 wrote:
fkd215 wrote:I'm pretty glad Kawhi clarified his intentions. This allows us to move on and not worry about "what if."

That said, in my ideal world the Celtics still trade for him, waste a lot of resources, and he still bounces for LA in 2019. Unfortunately their FO is probably too smart for that...

So you are saying that in your ideal world Celtics are favoured to win 2019 title?

I don't think they could beat the Warriors, and I'd be psyched for them to piss away resources for a 1 year rental of an injured guy, yes. Of course, it's highly unlikely. But it would be nice.
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#2334 » by KKell2507 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:21 pm

This is all going to play out very interestingly. Kawhi may want to go to LA now, but the Spurs certainly dont have to trade him there. If LA decides to get Lebron and PG this offseason, they are out of money for Kawhi next year to sign with them. If PG wanted to be the man in LA, hes certainly not going to get that. Is he looking at LA less now because everyone wants to be there and hes just going to be 3rd fiddle? Staying in OKC suddenly doesnt seem so bad. And if Paul George decides to stay in OKC, does Lebron really go to LA all by himself and wait a season for Kawhi? I highly doubt he just punts his age 34 season to wait it out to build a team that still may not be better than the Warriors. And what if the Spurs trade Kawhi to the Clippers? Is he really going to pass up an extra year of security and around $30 mil just to switch from the Clippers to the Lakers in the offseason, if his sole goal is to just be in LA?

If the dominoes fall just right, I still think we have the best chance at signing Lebron outright out of the 3.
TinyRik
Ballboy

Post#2335 » by TinyRik » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:

Houstons only shot at LeBron is through an opt-in and trade. If he becomes a free agent and they trade for him they hit the appron and will be hard capped plus they will have to gut the entire roster.
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#2336 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:38 pm

TinyRik wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:

Houstons only shot at LeBron is through an opt-in and trade. If he becomes a free agent and they trade for him they hit the appron and will be hard capped plus they will have to gut the entire roster.

Problem is the Cavs would have to take Ryan Anderson, which they would have to be idiots to do. Sure they could get Eric Gordon in the deal but its still awful for a team that would be in rebuilding mode with Bron leaving. Houston doesn't even have any good picks to throw in, and they have to worry about Capela this summer. Now a sign and trade Capela with Gordon might attract the Cavs, but that trade would severely hurt the Rockets against the Warriors.

It is a good point though, Pop could just send Kawhi to the Clippers for a good laugh....it is very important that Pop sticks to the no Lakers thing though.
septahex
Pro Prospect
And1: 341

Post#2337 » by septahex » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:43 pm

I hope pop trades kawhi to memphis for #4
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#2338 » by KrazySixersD » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:11 pm

This is perfect for us... ignore kawhi do not trade for that degenerate. But now I have t imagine lebron wants no part of LA wthout kawhi this year. Worst case we can convince lebron to sign here for a 1 year max???

That way lebron keeps his options for LA next year but we get a chance with him and trying to convince to stay longer.

And we give up zero assets for this. Please make this happen
septahex
Pro Prospect
And1: 341

Post#2339 » by septahex » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:13 pm

I hope they sign LeBron and George so we can get BI on the cheap
TinyRik
Ballboy

Post#2340 » by TinyRik » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:57 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
TinyRik wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:

Problem is the Cavs would have to take Ryan Anderson, which they would have to be idiots to do. Sure they could get Eric Gordon in the deal but its still awful for a team that would be in rebuilding mode with Bron leaving. Houston doesn't even have any good picks to throw in, and they have to worry about Capela this summer. Now a sign and trade Capela with Gordon might attract the Cavs, but that trade would severely hurt the Rockets against the Warriors.

It is a good point though, Pop could just send Kawhi to the Clippers for a good laugh....it is very important that Pop sticks to the no Lakers thing though.

Yeah LeBron to Houston is a total pipe for the rockets. They have zero assets that any rebuilding team would want which is what the Cavs will be once LBJ is gone. Like you said no one is taking Anderson's 2 yr and 40 million left for some crappy late firsts. It's going to be down to Philly and LA

Return to Philadelphia 76ers