ImageImageImage

2018 Free Agency: Looking ahead at LeBron etc.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,837

Re: Looking ahead at LeBron 2018. 

Post#41 » by Negrodamus » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:25 pm

eagereyez wrote:From all reports Lebron has been very hands off with the Cavs. He didn't even know Blatt was going to be fired until it happened (as reported by Windhorst). Same thing with Griffin. All of the awful management moves can be placed squarely on the shoulders of Dan Gilbert.

He should have been ran out of town after botching the first time with one of the greatest players of all time.

After that, he botched everything else, even tripping into the #1 pick three times. Then, by some miracle, LeBron has empathy for his city's plight, so he returns despite the scathing note Gilbert put out and they win a championship. Now they're botching it again. I'd stop being a fan at this point. He ruined what would have been 15 years of domination by making every wrong decision.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,074

Post#42 » by Embiid P » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:31 pm

LOL you guys are hilarious. If LeBron wants to sign here, you offer him the max without hesitation. Chances are it will only be for a year or two. Sure he might be a bit of a control freak when it comes to the team around him, but given that he and Ben are already close, I don't think it will be too much of a problem. It's been over 34 years since this team won a title, so you gotta do what you gotta do to get it done. I'm not saying that we can't eventually win a title without him, but signing him makes it that much easier.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,134

Post#43 » by Arsenal » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:51 pm

Anyone who would say no to LeBron if he wants to come here is delusional. If he wants to come, the door is WIDE OPEN for him.

However under no circumstances should we let him play GM and trade away our young studs (e.g. Fultz) for veterans. If he comes here it is on our terms.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#44 » by DaddyCool19 » Tue Nov 7, 2017 8:43 pm

Arsenal wrote:However under no circumstances should we let him play GM and trade away our young studs (e.g. Fultz) for veterans. If he comes here it is on our terms.

I don't think he would agree to that. It took someone like Pat Riley to keep him in check and not acting like LeCoach+LeGm in 1 person and I'm not sure you guys have someone like that. I'm not sure If I would go after him If he doesn't buy in and wants to go with his own system where everyone is freezed out and has to act like 3 and D guys at age 34. He would turn the average 3 and D guys into good looking role players but your Top talent would be misused because of that.
Stribor
Pro Prospect
And1: 492

Post#45 » by Stribor » Tue Nov 7, 2017 10:56 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:
Arsenal wrote:However under no circumstances should we let him play GM and trade away our young studs (e.g. Fultz) for veterans. If he comes here it is on our terms.

I don't think he would agree to that. It took someone like Pat Riley to keep him in check and not acting like LeCoach+LeGm in 1 person and I'm not sure you guys have someone like that. I'm not sure If I would go after him If he doesn't buy in and wants to go with his own system where everyone is freezed out and has to act like 3 and D guys at age 34. He would turn the average 3 and D guys into good looking role players but your Top talent would be misused because of that.

I also think the same. Would we sign him if he wants to come. Yes, who would not! And since I think that would be the distraction of the team, I really really hope that he has some grudge against philly or what ever other reason not ever think about coming here. If he would like to come, heck even I would say yes, cause its the thing you do not say no to. BUT I hope it will never come to that...
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,195

Post#46 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:38 am

Arsenal wrote:Anyone who would say no to LeBron if he wants to come here is delusional. If he wants to come, the door is WIDE OPEN for him.

However under no circumstances should we let him play GM and trade away our young studs (e.g. Fultz) for veterans. If he comes here it is on our terms.

If the bolded part is a possibility, then I'd absolutely love to have him. At 32 years old (going on 33), he's leading the league in BPM and VORP...he's going to age very well.

We could sign him to a 3+1 deal along with adding a 3&D player for the MLE (i.e. Matthews, Ariza, Gay, Green) and re-signing JJ to round out the rotation.

Simmons/Fultz/TJ
JJ/Matthews/Furkan
Cov/TLC/Anderson
LeBron/Saric/LAL 1st
Embiid/Amir/Holmes
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#47 » by KrazySixersD » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Someone told me today on Mike n Mike that they were talking about Lebron to Philly... didn't get to listen to it but thought I'd share it.

I have been telling my friends that this was going to pick up steam and be a huge possibility after this year as early as last year, but everyone just laughed.

It basically comes down to this. He has 3 options: 1. Win 2. Money 3. Legacy

Legacy choice would be stay in cleveland till retiring.... Money would be go to LA and grab all the money he can but he would never win

If he wants to have the best chance at Rings without being looked at like KD, the undeniable best choice to do that is in Philly... He aint going to boston where Kyrie is... it is without a doubt, philly
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#48 » by Wilfried » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Houston is a real possibility to win and get money
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#49 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Wilfried wrote:Houston is a real possibility to win and get money

It's not. They have no space.

It would have to be a sign and trade then the Cavaliers would have to be willing to take garbage like Anderson
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#50 » by Ericb5 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:48 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:

It would have to be a sign and trade then the Cavaliers would have to be willing to take garbage like Anderson

Agreed. The only teams that he could leave Cleveland for would be teams with max cap space, or the ones that could make trades to get to max space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
theo42
Pro Prospect
And1: 253

Post#51 » by theo42 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Kobblehead wrote:With LeBron comes an aging body, a waning defensive effort, and awful mandated personnel decisions.

It feels weird saying out loud, but I really don't want LeBron on the Sixers.

I am right there with you. I understand he is a great player but his manipulation and short lived stays are just not worth it IMO.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#52 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:58 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:Someone told me today on Mike n Mike that they were talking about Lebron to Philly... didn't get to listen to it but thought I'd share it.

I have been telling my friends that this was going to pick up steam and be a huge possibility after this year as early as last year, but everyone just laughed.

It basically comes down to this. He has 3 options: 1. Win 2. Money 3. Legacy

Legacy choice would be stay in cleveland till retiring.... Money would be go to LA and grab all the money he can but he would never win

If he wants to have the best chance at Rings without being looked at like KD, the undeniable best choice to do that is in Philly... He aint going to boston where Kyrie is... it is without a doubt, philly

Actually money wise Lebron can take Cavaliers to the cleaners. He could do a 1+4 year deal and essentially sign for 6 years every year.

I'd also question how much money they'll make in LA if they don't win.
Mrcrockpots
Junior
And1: 172

Post#53 » by Mrcrockpots » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Call me crazy but hear me out. For me it depends on how good Fultz can be and what his ceiling looks like. We don't know yet, but we what we do know is that Simmons and Embiid are locks to be future top 10 players in the NBA. If Fultz can get healthy and show flashes of that kind of potential this year, then I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm passing on Lebron. I will need to see what Lebron's contract looks like first. If said contract in any way jeopardizes any kind of contract extension for Markelle (and this is assuming Fultz can become a star), then I'm out.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,512

Post#54 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:18 pm

theo42 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:With LeBron comes an aging body, a waning defensive effort, and awful mandated personnel decisions.

It feels weird saying out loud, but I really don't want LeBron on the Sixers.

I am right there with you. I understand he is a great player but his manipulation and short lived stays are just not worth it IMO.

Add me to that as well. I get it...Lebron, the hype, the ring possibility. However, I think we are talented enough to do this without the baggage and chemistry change that Lebron would bring with him. I definitely hope this does not happen.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#55 » by Unbreakable99 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:24 pm

If LeBron wants to come to the Sixers we better allow him. Does anyone know if the Knicks have enough room to sign LeBron?
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#56 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Mrcrockpots wrote:Call me crazy but hear me out. For me it depends on how good Fultz can be and what his ceiling looks like. We don't know yet, but we what we do know is that Simmons and Embiid are locks to be future top 10 players in the NBA. If Fultz can get healthy and show flashes of that kind of potential this year, then I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm passing on Lebron. I will need to see what Lebron's contract looks like first. If said contract in any way jeopardizes any kind of contract extension for Markelle (and this is assuming Fultz can become a star), then I'm out.

Bird rights

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#57 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:If LeBron wants to come to the Sixers we better allow him. Does anyone know if the Knicks have enough room to sign LeBron?

No not even in the realm of possibility they would have to find some team to take multiple big salaries off their roster.

Right now projected to have around 6 million space.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#58 » by Wilfried » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:05 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:

They are about 80 million in salaries this summer. They seem to have money (not max money, but they can do something).

If anyone is capable over working this out, it's Morey
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#59 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Wilfried wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

They are about 80 million in salaries this summer. They seem to have money (not max money, but they can do something).

If anyone is capable over working this out, it's Morey

Thats without Paul and Capella.
mrfantast1c
Senior
And1: 65

Post#60 » by mrfantast1c » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:24 pm

LeBron, Cov, Ben, Embiid, Fultz. Best defensive starting 5 in the NBA. Second best offensively. Replacing Saric with LeBron instantly puts us in the finals. Then Redick, Bolden, and bring da BOSS Lou back for the night shift 2.0

Return to Philadelphia 76ers