ImageImageImage

Would you entertain bringing Tony Wroten in from the G-League?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Would you entertain bringing Tony Wroten in from the G-League?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 44

PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Re: Would you entertain bringing Tony Wroten in from the G-League? 

Post#21 » by PhilasFinest » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:30 am

James Young (former 1st rounder-6'7-22 y/o) Is averaging 29.6 PPG/5.8 reb/1.4 stl/.8 blk/ 60%FG 51%3PT on almost 9ATT in 5 games.

Id take a 22 year old wing, scoring/shooting at a high level on a 2 year deal right now over Wroten,Pullen or McAdoo.

****, Our former Sixer Christian Wood is playing for 7's right now in the G-league.
4 games- 25.5 ppg/ 10.3 reb/ 3.5 apg/ 1.8 stl / 2.3 blk 56%FG 41.7%3PT.

How the hell isn't he on a "2-way" contract for us? Dude with that type of stretch ability would be a welcomed depth piece and someone who could potentially fill some minutes for us down the line. Wood can play 4-5 and could ideally run the floor, defend a bit and also knock down open shots.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#22 » by Sixerscan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:38 am

PhilasFinest wrote:James Young (former 1st rounder-6'7-22 y/o) Is averaging 29.6 PPG/5.8 reb/1.4 stl/.8 blk/ 60%FG 51%3PT on almost 9ATT in 5 games.

Id take a 22 year old wing, scoring/shooting at a high level on a 2 year deal right now over Wroten,Pullen or McAdoo.

****, Our former Sixer Christian Wood is playing for 7's right now in the G-league.

How the hell isn't he on a "2-way" contract for us? Dude with that type of stretch ability would be a welcomed depth piece and someone who could potentially fill some minutes for us down the line. Wood can play 4-5 and could ideally run the floor, defend a bit and also knock down open shots.

The same reason he just signed with our roster a week ago. He's a **** head. He has to show he wants to be a professional before he gets the call up.

Tony is welcome on any team I root for.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#23 » by PhilasFinest » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:47 am

Sixerscan wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:James Young (former 1st rounder-6'7-22 y/o) Is averaging 29.6 PPG/5.8 reb/1.4 stl/.8 blk/ 60%FG 51%3PT on almost 9ATT in 5 games.

The same reason he just signed with our roster a week ago. He's a **** head. He has to show he wants to be a professional before he gets the call up.

Tony is welcome on any team I root for.

Oh I agree Wood is a knuckle head. Just think he has the tools/talent worth stashing as a 2-way player (more then Pullen/McAdoo). His potential is worth putting some work into try and mature him into a pro.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#24 » by the_process » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:38 am

Without researching it, there are probably other guys down in the G-League more deserving of call ups than Wroten. However, since I’d rather have Wroten on a 2-way deal than Pullen, it’s still a yes for me. BC clearly doesn’t care about those spots too much, though, so I wouldn’t expect anything to happen either way.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#26 » by TTP » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:14 pm

the_process wrote:Without researching it, there are probably other guys down in the G-League more deserving of call ups than Wroten. However, since I’d rather have Wroten on a 2-way deal than Pullen, it’s still a yes for me. BC clearly doesn’t care about those spots too much, though, so I wouldn’t expect anything to happen either way.

I speculate that Pullen is only on the team because he goes way back with Covington.

I'd much rather have Wroten and Wood on 2 ways.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
long range bomber
Bench Warmer
And1: 52

Post#27 » by long range bomber » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Wroten was a true process icon but he makes no sense for our roster and signing him would only be for remembrance purposes.
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#28 » by Winejk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:21 pm

McAdoo is the one I’d get rid of. Doesn’t stand a chance to get on the floor if Richaun and Okafor are racking up DNPs. Would have much preferred keeping Proythess over McAdoo.

Pullen might actually play a little given our injury situation with our guards.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,782

Post#29 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:38 pm

I'd rather give a player like Amile Jefferson, a Philly kid, a chance since he's been the ultimate role player since his time at Duke.

Shot 60%+ in every season except his freshman year at Duke. He's currently scoring 17 ppg on 55% FG in the NBDL and is pulling in almost 15 rebounds per game (about 5 OREB per game). He's the type of player we can get a lot out of in a few minutes per game.
MNSixerFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 136

Post#30 » by MNSixerFan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:09 pm

You'd think he'd be a nice spark Off the Bench offensively? I really don't care either way but I think he'd be a slight asset to the team.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,782

Post#31 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:12 pm

MNSixerFan wrote:You'd think he'd be a nice spark Off the Bench offensively? I really don't care either way but I think he'd be a slight asset to the team.

If he gets offensive rebounds, then yes. He's not really one to turn over the ball nor does he really need it in his hands. He's also finished at a high level. I can't imagine he'd hurt offensively, but he's certainly not someone we'd lean into.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#32 » by agiaco » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:12 pm

He'd be so redundant when Markelle returns. Would rather go after some other guys.
Kirk Van Houten
Junior
And1: 116

Post#33 » by Kirk Van Houten » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:06 am

Bring back all of team WHOP !!!
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#34 » by the_process » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:16 am

Kirk Van Houten wrote:Bring back all of team WHOP !!!

That’s a big no thanks to MCW.
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#35 » by SexDrugsPnR » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:29 pm

I work in a sports data / sports media company and sometimes I have to do some boring scheduling work. While digging through information on the upcoming games in the Estonian playoffs I jsut found out that Tony Wroten is leading the newly formed Latvian-Estonian league in assists per game, while shooting 20% from deep and 70% from the FT line with his team being knocked out in the semis (where he scored 14 points on 17 shots while going 0-7 on free throws).
Miss you Tony.

Oh and Arnett Moultrie is on that team as well. Seems like a perfect destination for fly the process Europe edition.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#36 » by JazzUte88 » Fri May 3, 2019 8:26 am

SexDrugsPnR wrote:I work in a sports data / sports media company and sometimes I have to do some boring scheduling work. While digging through information on the upcoming games in the Estonian playoffs I jsut found out that Tony Wroten is leading the newly formed Latvian-Estonian league in assists per game, while shooting 20% from deep and 70% from the FT line with his team being knocked out in the semis (where he scored 14 points on 17 shots while going 0-7 on free throws).
Miss you Tony.

Oh and Arnett Moultrie is on that team as well. Seems like a perfect destination for fly the process Europe edition.

I hate saying it but Fultz is most likely gonna end up in Europe or China at the rate he's at.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#37 » by cool93 » Fri May 3, 2019 12:36 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:
SexDrugsPnR wrote:I work in a sports data / sports media company and sometimes I have to do some boring scheduling work. While digging through information on the upcoming games in the Estonian playoffs I jsut found out that Tony Wroten is leading the newly formed Latvian-Estonian league in assists per game, while shooting 20% from deep and 70% from the FT line with his team being knocked out in the semis (where he scored 14 points on 17 shots while going 0-7 on free throws).
Miss you Tony.

I hate saying it but Fultz is most likely gonna end up in Europe or China at the rate he's at.

Why do you hate to say it? That guy got about 40 mln for being scared to play. He is fine.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#38 » by Foshan » Fri May 3, 2019 12:41 pm

We are up 2-1 in the second round of the playoffs, why are we bumping a super old Wroten thread to talk about Fultz? Fail.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers