ImageImageImage

Hope I'm wrong, but I think the Sixers are due for a tumble

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Re: Hope I'm wrong, but I think the Sixers are due for a tumble 

Post#81 » by LongLiveHinkie » Fri Dec 8, 2017 11:34 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:We just lost a couple games that we "should" win, so now we have to win a couple that we aren't expected to. I am hoping for wins against the Pels and Wolves coming up.

Back to back, likely Embiid misses one of them.

I think we'll lose the next 3 and then we could win the home game vs the Thunder, but if we can't beat the Suns and Lakers, it doesn't inspire much confidence. It's basically if the Sixers hit their 3's they'll win and if they don't they won't. We won't know til the game starts what Sixers team we'll get.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#82 » by XDevilBoiX » Sat Dec 9, 2017 12:16 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:We just lost a couple games that we "should" win, so now we have to win a couple that we aren't expected to. I am hoping for wins against the Pels and Wolves coming up.

Back to back, likely Embiid misses one of them.

I think we'll lose the next 3 and then we could win the home game vs the Thunder, but if we can't beat the Suns and Lakers, it doesn't inspire much confidence. It's basically if the Sixers hit their 3's they'll win and if they don't they won't. We won't know til the game starts what Sixers team we'll get.

Isn’t it exciting tho? Lol
Sixers2125
Junior
And1: 123

Post#83 » by Sixers2125 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:33 am

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think we lose to the Cavs then take 2 of 3 to the Pelis, Wolves, and Thunder. Then beat the Bulls and Kings. 4-2 over that stretch would be great.

Sent from my XT1650 using RealGM mobile app
Sixers2125
Junior

Post#84 » by Sixers2125 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 2:49 am

Vegas only has us as 5 point dogs tomorrow. I actually wouldn't be surprised if LeBron rested either. Back to back and they just lost their win streak.

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#85 » by Sixerscan » Sat Dec 9, 2017 2:56 am

Already up to 6 in some places... get it while you can.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#86 » by CoreyGallagher » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:01 am

It's already been confirmed Embiid is out tomorrow, right?
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#87 » by XDevilBoiX » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:05 am

CoreyGallagher wrote:It's already been confirmed Embiid is out tomorrow, right?

Yes
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#88 » by Ericb5 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:35 am

PhilasFinest wrote:
the_process wrote:.500. 8th seed. Maybe take 2 games off Boston.

Cut to 2018-19.

That would be a successful season IMO.

Year 1 of Ben Simmons and year 2 of Embiid results in the playoffs would be a win no matter how you slice it.

You better believe that would be a successful season. I think that they can be better than that though. I think 50 games on the absolute outside is possible, but 45 is very possible with a generaly positive outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sixers2125
Junior

Re: RE: Re: Hope I'm wrong, but I think the Sixers are due for a tumble 

Post#89 » by Sixers2125 » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:48 am

Sixerscan wrote:Already up to 6 in some places... get it while you can.

Actually it opened at -6 it's dropped to -5 most places.

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#90 » by Eyeamok » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:38 pm

Hey LongLiveHinkie. I have now placed you in the same category as Bryan Colangelo. I blame you for all the 76ers present problems.

How about you make another thread and title it. "76ers are in for a Long Winning streak!" Use your magic for good not for Evil. :lol:
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM

Post#91 » by LongLiveHinkie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Eyeamok wrote:Hey LongLiveHinkie. I have now placed you in the same category as Bryan Colangelo. I blame you for all the 76ers present problems.

How about you make another thread and title it. "76ers are in for a Long Winning streak!" Use your magic for good not for Evil. :lol:

I really wish I wasn't right about it. Not ready yet to say the Sixers will go on a long winning streak, but I will do you one better:

The Eagles are still going to find a way to win the Superbowl without Wentz. So at least we got that. :D
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#92 » by Eyeamok » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:34 pm

LongLiveHinkie wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:Hey LongLiveHinkie. I have now placed you in the same category as Bryan Colangelo. I blame you for all the 76ers present problems.

I really wish I wasn't right about it. Not ready yet to say the Sixers will go on a long winning streak, but I will do you one better:

The Eagles are still going to find a way to win the Superbowl without Wentz. So at least we got that. :D

I am not even a fan of New England...but even with Wentz the Eagles would have been hard pressed to beat the Patriots. Without him you can kiss your Superbowl dreams goodbye.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
MosesMalone83
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#93 » by MosesMalone83 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:49 pm

This wasn't hard to see coming. Looking at the schedule it's going to continue through most of December to be very difficult.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#94 » by jbent87 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:08 pm

MosesMalone83 wrote:This wasn't hard to see coming. Looking at the schedule it's going to continue through most of December to be very difficult.

F the schedule. We just lost two bad games to the Lakers and Suns at home.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#95 » by Mik317 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:00 pm

definitely a rough patch especially with the injuries starting to pile up.

it is good for evaluation purposes tho...as guys are seeing what they need to work on and adjust to.

but a lot of it is mainly our lack of depth at the end of the day, Our bench has lost us games, and even in games where our starters start poorly, as we fight back into games, the inevitable time starters have to sit has basically doomed us lol.

Booker's addition seems to be a start but we need another wing, to spell Covington as TLC just isn't getting it done.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
MosesMalone83
Sophomore

Post#96 » by MosesMalone83 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:53 am

Mik317 wrote:definitely a rough patch especially with the injuries starting to pile up.

it is good for evaluation purposes tho...as guys are seeing what they need to work on and adjust to.

but a lot of it is mainly our lack of depth at the end of the day, Our bench has lost us games, and even in games where our starters start poorly, as we fight back into games, the inevitable time starters have to sit has basically doomed us lol.

Booker's addition seems to be a start but we need another wing, to spell Covington as TLC just isn't getting it done.

TLC is not an NBA caliber player , he should be the last guy in the bench.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#97 » by Mik317 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 am

MosesMalone83 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:definitely a rough patch especially with the injuries starting to pile up.

sadly, yeah. We needed to add another wing in the offseason as it seems he's just not ready for primetime.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
MosesMalone83
Sophomore

Post#98 » by MosesMalone83 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:04 am

Mik317 wrote:
MosesMalone83 wrote:

sadly, yeah. We needed to add another wing in the offseason as it seems he's just not ready for primetime.

I'd rather have Justin Anderson get his run when he gets back.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM

Post#99 » by LongLiveHinkie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:21 am

Sixers have lost 6 of 7 with 3 of those 6 losses to the Suns, Lakers, and Bulls.

Carry on.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Post#100 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:26 am

I really don't get it. We should be much better than this...at least a tier above the teams we're losing to.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba

Return to Philadelphia 76ers