ImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Discussion III: For Fultz and going forward (see 2017 draft thread for trade discussion)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Re: RE: Re: Markelle Fultz Discussion III 

Post#401 » by CelticsWin5 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote: I don't even know who Young is.

Lol. Doesn't know who Trae Young is.

I just checked nbadraft.net he’s not even in the top 16. He’s not good, and not relevant to the 2018 lakers pick that will convey to the celtics around the top 5. Lakers are a terrible team this year, not even .500. That’s why I don’t understand why he’s being mentioned
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#402 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I just checked nbadraft.net he’s not even in the top 16. He’s not good, and not relevant to the 2018 lakers pick that will convey to the celtics around the top 5. Lakers are a terrible team this year, not even .500. That’s why I don’t understand why he’s being mentioned

NBADraft.net is garbage. If your relying on them for your prospect information, your looking in the wrong place.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
CelticsWin5
Senior

Post#403 » by CelticsWin5 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:12 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

NBADraft.net is garbage. If your relying on them for your prospect information, your looking in the wrong place.

Show me a source where trae young is relevant to the top 5 2018 draft picks (lakers are that bad this year ).

ActuallY, I bet you won’t find him in anyone’s top 10. We are talkIng the Lakers pick. Not the hornets or jazz or anyone else
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#404 » by Kobblehead » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:14 pm

I just checked nbadraft.net he’s not even in the top 16. He’s not good

@lloydfree

This is what you're always talking about.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#405 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:15 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:I just checked nbadraft.net he’s not even in the top 16. He’s not good, and not relevant to the 2018 lakers pick that will convey to the celtics around the top 5. Lakers are a terrible team this year, not even .500. That’s why I don’t understand why he’s being mentioned

Show me a source where trae young is relevant to the top 5 2018 draft picks (lakers are that bad this year ).

ActuallY, I bet you won’t find him in anyone’s top 10. We are talkIng the Lakers pick. Not the hornets or jazz or anyone else

Sexton and Young are probably the 2 top point guard prospects right now likely heading into the draft.

Young is leading the NATION in scoring at 28.8 ppg and is 3rd in assists, as a freshman. I don't need to find some hacks mock draft in December to tell me who's a talent. Go back to the Celtics board with that non-sense and come back in June when he's a lock for the top 10.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,838

Post#406 » by Negrodamus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:16 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Say what you want about where he'll be drafted, but production-wise he's the best freshman backcourt, if not best period, player in the country right now, and not knowing who he is completely delegitimizes any argument you have about prospects at this moment.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Re: Markelle Fultz Discussion III 

Post#407 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Seriously.

Watch some basketball with your own eyes and stop relying on weak websites to feed you information.

Trae Young is absolutely tearing it up. But since you clearly do not watch college basketball and need to be spoon fed information.....heres a couple links you can read up on I guess.

https://www.thestepien.com/2017/12/11/can-trae-young-generational-shooter/

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/oklahoma-freshman-trae-youngs-career-is-taking-flight-so-much-sooner-than-expected/

Read on Twitter
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#408 » by Mik317 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:23 pm

NBADraft.net is like the worst place to go for actual draft coverage...especially this early as they are still in the pump up guys I like stage of things and don't get closer to reality until damn near the draft.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#409 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Mik317 wrote:NBADraft.net is like the worst place to go for actual draft coverage...especially this early as they are still in the pump up guys I like stage of things and don't get closer to reality until damn near the draft.

They have been awful for years. Anytime anyone puts them as a source, the credibility goes out the window.

DeShawn Stevenson=Michael Jordan. Never forget.

Also think people are overlooking the Lakers. Are they a playoff team? No i do not think so in the West.....but I do not think they are a lock for a top 5 losing record.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#410 » by Kobblehead » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Mock draft sites are never proactive is recognizing talent. They just wait until there's enough hype around a player and then move him up. Draftxpress was the same way.
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#411 » by Baller1234a » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:43 pm

bball4life wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
bball4life wrote:Maybe Tatum's lovely 1 for 7 for 4 points without Kyrie in the lineup to the atrocious Bulls will put a little damper on the Tatum superstar talk.

On to Fultz... I'm still having a hard time understanding another 3 weeks if his shoulder is 100% and pain free. We could really use someone who can score at this point. I can only handle so much more of 2017 TLC.

TBF it was one game and a back to back.

I think Tatum is being pumped up a bit too much too but lets be fair here. He's doing great in his role and his shooting has been gdlk. Nothing else needs to be said really. Sure he's not option 1 or even 3 on his team but remember his biggest flaw was that he was an iso only guy who needed the rock...that has not been the case at all...he should get credit for that at the very least..plus dude is 19 and as such has time to grow. As much as I would love for him to be mediocre as ****....he's not. That doesn't mean he's the next coming of Jordan or that I wish we had him either...but lets not stoop to the level of trash and gloat after he has a bad game. Thats what loser fanbases do.

Listen, I think Tatum is a solid player who is going to have a good career. But Celtics fans coming into the Fultz thread to pump up their pick to make themselves feel better is silly. I think he's going to be a good third option / team guy on a good team. That's decent value for the 3 pick.

That’s what he is right now. The 3rd best player on one of the best teams in the NBA. That’s his floor.
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
CelticsWin5
Senior

Post#412 » by CelticsWin5 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Say what you want about where he'll be drafted, but production-wise he's the best freshman backcourt, if not best period, player in the country right now, and not knowing who he is completely delegitimizes any argument you have about prospects at this moment.

Again, the topic was about the lakers pick, so trae young is irrelevant
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#413 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:I just checked nbadraft.net he’s not even in the top 16. He’s not good, and not relevant to the 2018 lakers pick that will convey to the celtics around the top 5. Lakers are a terrible team this year, not even .500. That’s why I don’t understand why he’s being mentioned

You know it's the Lakers pick or the Kings pick, right? As others have mentioned, Lakers are far from a lock as a bottom 5 team.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#414 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Baller1234a wrote:
bball4life wrote:
Mik317 wrote: TBF it was one game and a back to back.

I think Tatum is being pumped up a bit too much too but lets be fair here. He's doing great in his role and his shooting has been gdlk. Nothing else needs to be said really. Sure he's not option 1 or even 3 on his team but remember his biggest flaw was that he was an iso only guy who needed the rock...that has not been the case at all...he should get credit for that at the very least..plus dude is 19 and as such has time to grow. As much as I would love for him to be mediocre as ****....he's not. That doesn't mean he's the next coming of Jordan or that I wish we had him either...but lets not stoop to the level of trash and gloat after he has a bad game. Thats what loser fanbases do.

Listen, I think Tatum is a solid player who is going to have a good career. But Celtics fans coming into the Fultz thread to pump up their pick to make themselves feel better is silly. I think he's going to be a good third option / team guy on a good team. That's decent value for the 3 pick.

That’s what he is right now. The 3rd best player on one of the best teams in the NBA. That’s his floor.

The Cavs are elite... Who has been their 3rd best player this year?
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#415 » by Negrodamus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:02 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Right, and you don't know who he is. We're not even halfway through the season and you're claiming he's "not good" because the Breitbart of NBA Draft news, NBADraft.net, told you so. Sorry, but you're opinion on the matter doesn't mean much. He could carry Oklahoma to a Final Four and be instantly considered at top 10 pick, which would fall well into your silly conversation (that's not about Markelle Fultz; which is off topic).
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#416 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:04 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

The Lakers aren't even in the top 5 right now if the season ended....and your fooling yourself with each comment.

Also, WTF does any of this have to do with Fultz? And why is this dude trolling here?
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#417 » by LloydFree » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
I just checked nbadraft.net he’s not even in the top 16. He’s not good

@lloydfree

This is what you're always talking about.

I gotta be careful. Evidently it offends people when I call the "professional scouts" at these draft websites, Freelance hacks. Clearly their opinion means a lot to some people. Easier than watching I guess.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
CelticsWin5
Senior

Post#418 » by CelticsWin5 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:30 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

The Lakers aren't even in the top 5 right now if the season ended....and your fooling yourself with each comment.

Also, WTF does any of this have to do with Fultz? And why is this dude trolling here?

You uhh....You realize its a lottery, right? They don't need to be a bottom 5 team for the pick to convey to the Celtics. Also, they were bottom 5 literally a few days ago, so who cares where they are today? When its all said and done they'll be at the bottom 3 probably
CelticsWin5
Senior

Post#419 » by CelticsWin5 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Right, and you don't know who he is. We're not even halfway through the season and you're claiming he's "not good" because the Breitbart of NBA Draft news, NBADraft.net, told you so. Sorry, but you're opinion on the matter doesn't mean much. He could carry Oklahoma to a Final Four and be instantly considered at top 10 pick, which would fall well into your silly conversation (that's not about Markelle Fultz; which is off topic).
a 76er fan in the previous page posted that "fultz and porter will be reunited this year." that's how the pick talk got into this thread. I had to explain to the 76er fan that the draft isn't this year but next year, and that porter will not slide past the Celtics 5th pick
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#420 » by Negrodamus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:42 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:Again, the topic was about the lakers pick, so trae young is irrelevant

a 76er fan in the previous page posted that "fultz and porter will be reunited this year." that's how the pick talk got into this thread. I had to explain to the 76er fan that the draft isn't this year but next year, and that porter will not slide past the Celtics 5th pick

K. Thanks for clearing that up for us. Now stop highjacking this thread.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers