Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Re: GDT: Lake (8-15) vs 76ers (13-10) 12/7 8PM EST 

Post#701 » by KrazySixersD » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:04 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:
ak7 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:It was a good game but we have experienced players making turnovers and it is unforgivable. Young guys I can understand but Redick.. wtf.

Lakers played about 15 points better than they have all year... except for Lolzo who was hot trash as always. Ingram bailed him out big time.. that jacked up 3 in the last minute was Lolzo summed up.

If "Lolzo" is hot trash by posting a stat line that has only been posted by the likes of Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler then I hope "Lolzo" is hot trash every day of his life.

Thanks for the easy win.

You're Welcome:

That said I think Philly is a pretty nice young team moving forward. They will be ok. Being in the east is obviously the difference between these two teams right now, and why Philly has a playoff spot.

wow, you laker fans and your delusions never cease to amaze me... the only difference between the lakers and sixers is that we have 2 superstars and you have NONE

the east has been better than the west, and I'm willing to bet our schedule has been harder than yours and we have 4 more wins

your team is complete trash, which is why many of us are so disgusted in today's loss, even knowing how many players we are currently missing due to injury
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#702 » by cool93 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:06 pm

It seems like our opponents just can't miss clutch shots. Gordon, Fox, Ingram. And I trully can't remember one miss.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Re: RE: Re: GDT: Lake (8-15) vs 76ers (13-10) 12/7 8PM EST 

Post#703 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:34 pm

cool93 wrote:It seems like our opponents just can't miss clutch shots. Gordon, Fox, Ingram. And I trully can't remember one miss.

Every sixers fan out there knew that shot was going in as soon as it left Ingram's hands. Game winning shots against the Sixers are made every single time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: GDT: Lake (8-15) vs 76ers (13-10) 12/7 8PM EST 

Post#704 » by KrazySixersD » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:39 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
cool93 wrote:It seems like our opponents just can't miss clutch shots. Gordon, Fox, Ingram. And I trully can't remember one miss.

Every sixers fan out there knew that shot was going in as soon as it left Ingram's hands. Game winning shots against the Sixers are made every single time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

this
MosesMalone83
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#705 » by MosesMalone83 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:58 pm

Can't put my finger on it but something is out of whack. The Phoenix loss was terrible 3 point shooting, but last night was alarming.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#706 » by CoreyGallagher » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:22 pm

MosesMalone83 wrote:Can't put my finger on it but something is out of whack. The Phoenix loss was terrible 3 point shooting, but last night was alarming.

Last night was clearly the bench sucking and JJ turning it over at inopportune times. Team has played like **** since McConnell got injured, not enough ball handlers.

Simmons should be able to rest more than 5 minutes without worrying that the bench is going to lose us the game as they did last night.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#707 » by XDevilBoiX » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:36 pm

Killer turnovers has been Brett’s trademark here. We seen it over and over, from the tanking years to this year. Everyone says that’s part of being a young team and I understand but even the vets are doing it and that’s not acceptable. When will he stop this madness? It’s the most frustrating part to watch beside his substitution rotation.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,231

Post#708 » by eyeatoma » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:36 pm

It's an inherent problem with this team. 3 point shooters that are streaky as hell in the starting line up. Mediocre to poor defenders in Redick and Bayless, terrible bench play all together. We need 2 high quality scorers off the bench. One will probably be Bayless if UW Fultz comes back. We should look to get another through a trade before the deadline. As someone said Lou Williams would be perfect.
MosesMalone83
Sophomore

Post#709 » by MosesMalone83 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:37 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:
MosesMalone83 wrote:Can't put my finger on it but something is out of whack. The Phoenix loss was terrible 3 point shooting, but last night was alarming.

Last night was clearly the bench sucking and JJ turning it over at inopportune times. Team has played like **** since McConnell got injured, not enough ball handlers.

Simmons should be able to rest more than 5 minutes without worrying that the bench is going to lose us the game as they did last night.

Good take. Can't figure out why JJ is trying to drive so much lately.

I think we need to do a better job of running plays for him such as picks, or even double picks like the Pacers did for Reggie Miller. I'm still depressed I never saw these last 2 loses coming.
MosesMalone83
Sophomore

Post#710 » by MosesMalone83 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:39 pm

eyeatoma wrote:It's an inherent problem with this team. 3 point shooters that are streaky as hell in the starting line up. Mediocre to poor defenders in Redick and Bayless, terrible bench play all together. We need 2 high quality scorers off the bench. One will probably be Bayless if UW Fultz comes back. We should look to get another through a trade before the deadline. As someone said Lou Williams would be perfect.

I loved Lou get him back!!! :nod:
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#711 » by KrazySixersD » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:47 pm

I am still shocked that I seem to be one of the very few that is upset that we run virtually zero PnR... like how is that not a major issue with everyone?

Every other team finds a way to use it successfully except us. In fact, I would say the lakers running the PnR late is why we lost. They scored 4 strait times in the last 4 minutes with a Randle PnR... part of it was our idiot coach allowing our players to go over the screen, but still.

also yes, Lou Williams would be the perfect addition to this team right now. I bet he would love to come back here, not sure what the clips would want though, or if they are truly ready to blow it all up, but I 100% would be all over them about it
MosesMalone83
Sophomore

Post#712 » by MosesMalone83 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:51 pm

[list=][/list]
KrazySixersD wrote:I am still shocked that I seem to be one of the very few that is upset that we run virtually zero PnR... like how is that not a major issue with everyone?

Every other team finds a way to use it successfully except us. In fact, I would say the lakers running the PnR late is why we lost. They scored 4 strait times in the last 4 minutes with a Randle PnR... part of it was our idiot coach allowing our players to go over the screen, but still.

also yes, Lou Williams would be the perfect addition to this team right now. I bet he would love to come back here, not sure what the clips would want though, or if they are truly ready to blow it all up, but I 100% would be all over them about it

IMHO we don't do it a lot cause teams go under the pick with Ben, and with JJ , teams know he can't finish at the tin. Just my 2 cents.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#713 » by CoreyGallagher » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:53 pm

MosesMalone83 wrote:Good take. Can't figure out why JJ is trying to drive so much lately.

I think we need to do a better job of running plays for him such as picks, or even double picks like the Pacers did for Reggie Miller. I'm still depressed I never saw these last 2 loses coming.

Commented on it before, actually, but our on and off ball screens really suck compared to other teams. I get envious when I see other teams set proper screens. So, I agree.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#714 » by Skates » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:01 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:
MosesMalone83 wrote:Good take. Can't figure out why JJ is trying to drive so much lately.

Commented on it before, actually, but our on and off ball screens really suck compared to other teams. I get envious when I see other teams set proper screens. So, I agree.

This is a long running problem, our bigs do not set solid screens. When Furkan Aldemir was here he set screens the way they should be set, though he sucked at most everything else, that part really stuck out.

T.J. didn’t look right yesterday and other than Holmes the bench was turd-like. We have been getting crushed in bench production most nights and it is starting to show.
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#715 » by KrazySixersD » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:05 pm

MosesMalone83 wrote:[list=][/list]
KrazySixersD wrote:I am still shocked that I seem to be one of the very few that is upset that we run virtually zero PnR... like how is that not a major issue with everyone?

IMHO we don't do it a lot cause teams go under the pick with Ben, and with JJ , teams know he can't finish at the tin. Just my 2 cents.

but even with them going under it allows simmons to get a full speed going at them to the rim, which still makes it hard for them to cover him, it also pulls the big away from the basket, otherwise embiid can pop for a 3 if they worry too much on the drive

there is always something that is open or easier with a PnR... hence the reason every nba team uses it

I absolutely hate brett brown's offensive philosophy. There is very little drive and kick and PnR in this offense
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#716 » by 76ciology » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:39 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:
MosesMalone83 wrote:[list=][/list]

but even with them going under it allows simmons to get a full speed going at them to the rim, which still makes it hard for them to cover him, it also pulls the big away from the basket, otherwise embiid can pop for a 3 if they worry too much on the drive

there is always something that is open or easier with a PnR... hence the reason every nba team uses it

I absolutely hate brett brown's offensive philosophy. There is very little drive and kick and PnR in this offense

We actually play a lot of drive and kick. I havent looked at the numbers but seems like we run drive and kick half the time.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
KrazySixersD
General Manager

Post#717 » by KrazySixersD » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:41 pm

Simmons could drive and kick on every posession, but most the time he plays passive instead lately. He also passed out on multiple 2 foot floaters/finger roll attempts last night and threw turnovers instead

simmons is really hurting us offensively right now.. he is still elite defensively most the time, but his offense is really hurting us
76ciology
RealGM

Post#718 » by 76ciology » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:44 pm

Watching the replay. You get to realize what BB is saying how LAL isnt as bad as unbreakable would say. Their defense shows promise, Ingram is a blossoming two way player who can create on offense, while kuz and Clarkson gives them a good scoring punch off the bench.

Yup, I think LAL pick conveys to us next season.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#719 » by 76ciology » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:49 pm

KrazySixersD wrote:Simmons could drive and kick on every posession, but most the time he plays passive instead lately. He also passed out on multiple 2 foot floaters/finger roll attempts last night and threw turnovers instead

simmons is really hurting us offensively right now.. he is still elite defensively most the time, but his offense is really hurting us

Hurting us relative to team? No. Among guys who has played in the last two games, offense plays best when he’s on court.

Hurting us relative to the situation where RoCo and JJ have been negatives so he needs to step up as Alpha to carry their load? Yes. He just doesn’t have the extra gear and is more of a “in the flow” type scorer as of now.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#720 » by Kobblehead » Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:53 pm

If Luwawu isn't going to add anything with his scoring, he needs to be a WAY better defender than he has been this year.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers