ImageImageImage

GDT: Lake (8-15) vs 76ers (13-10) 12/7 8PM EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,184

Re: GDT: Lake (8-15) vs 76ers (13-10) 12/7 8PM EST 

Post#741 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:48 pm

I think one takeaway from this game is that the missing piece to our future lineup should be an off-ball forward who can shoot, defend, and cut to the basket (i.e. an Aaron Gordon type). The lineups with two small guards + Cov, Simmons, and Embiid have surprisingly not been that great.

Simmons
Fultz
Cov
X
Embiid
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#742 » by 76ers » Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:56 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:Also, reading the other game thread, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, but I am at how sensitive they are. It’s as if they didn’t watch Kobe complain to refs and Shaq stand over players their entire careers...

This immediate thought came to my head when I was reading their GDT. :lol:
MosesMalone83
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#743 » by MosesMalone83 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 10:40 pm

sixers238 wrote:I think one takeaway from this game is that the missing piece to our future lineup should be an off-ball forward who can shoot, defend, and cut to the basket (i.e. an Aaron Gordon type). The lineups with two small guards + Cov, Simmons, and Embiid have surprisingly not been that great.

Simmons
Fultz
Cov
X
Embiid

Desperately need a guy that create his own shot. It should be Simmons but he can't shoot.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,985

Post#744 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Dec 9, 2017 2:09 am

KrazySixersD wrote:ya but unfortunately we have simmons with the mindset and confidence but no scoring skill and fultz with the supposed offensive skill but no mindset

typical

Fultz had the mindset. He just couldn't finish.

Hopefully, when he comes back we'll see him finish around the rim. He basically the only guy who I saw this year who could consistently beat his man off the dribble.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Re: RE: Re: GDT: Lake (8-15) vs 76ers (13-10) 12/7 8PM EST 

Post#745 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Dec 9, 2017 2:53 am

sixers238 wrote:I think one takeaway from this game is that the missing piece to our future lineup should be an off-ball forward who can shoot, defend, and cut to the basket (i.e. an Aaron Gordon type). The lineups with two small guards + Cov, Simmons, and Embiid have surprisingly not been that great.

Simmons
Fultz
Cov
X
Embiid

Doesn't need to be a forward necessarily. If TJ/Bayless is replaced with Fultz and Redick is replaced with a 6'6" 3D wing, that'll make a big difference.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,184

Post#746 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:21 am

sixerswillrule wrote:

Simmons
Fultz
Cov
X
Embiid

Doesn't need to be a forward necessarily. If TJ/Bayless is replaced with Fultz and Redick is replaced with a 6'6" 3D wing, that'll make a big difference.

It could work, I just worry about Simmons consuming all his energy by guarding the 4 full time. That being said, I wouldn't be against adding the type of player you mentioned (i.e. Middleton, Klay).

Edit: Just to be clear, I still think LeBron and PG13 should be our first targets followed by Gordon, Klay, Middleton, Tobias Harris, etc.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,985

Post#747 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Dec 9, 2017 3:34 am

sixers238 wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:

Simmons
Fultz
Cov
X
Embiid

It could work, I just worry about Simmons having to guard the 4 full time consuming all his energy. That being said, I wouldn't be against adding the type of player you mentioned (i.e. Middleton, Klay).

Klay is a spot up shooter. I don't really have a problem with his game but we have enough of those. There is a reason why the Celtics are clicking it's because Irving is the one who can turn low percentage broken plays and end of shot clocks sequences into makable shots. Durant and Curry are that guy for the Warriors. We don't have that guy. Embiid needs time to setup in the post. The rest of the guys are spot up shooters with the exception of Simmons but without a jumpshot he's not that guy either.

Once we find that guy I really think we'll see things start to click. It's a major reason for alot of our problems for the team. The problem is those guys are at a premium. I was hoping Fultz is that guy still is. We don't need another Covington or JJ we need an alpha. Someone who can take the load of Embiid and guess what once we stop forcing it to Embiid at the end of shotclocks his efficiency numbers will also improve.

We'll see less turnovers as Simmons won't have to try to force the ball inside so much to create a look with passing. We'll see better 3PT shooting as defenders will be drawn. We'll be able to be able to better keep leads as we will be less reliant on the 3PT shot. We desperately need to sign either Lebron or George in the offseason.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#748 » by cksdayoff » Sat Dec 9, 2017 10:37 pm

Simmons
Fultz
Cov
X
Embiid

mikal bridges
#failforfultz
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,051

Post#749 » by Sixerscan » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:35 pm

Really think that fifth spot is going to just be filled by the most talented person they can find (Beyond someone that's just obviously an awful fit like another center or a nonshooting ball dominant point guard) rather than a specific type of player.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#750 » by RingsDontLie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:53 am

KrazySixersD wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:
ak7 wrote:
If "Lolzo" is hot trash by posting a stat line that has only been posted by the likes of Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler then I hope "Lolzo" is hot trash every day of his life.

Thanks for the easy win.

You're Welcome:

That said I think Philly is a pretty nice young team moving forward. They will be ok. Being in the east is obviously the difference between these two teams right now, and why Philly has a playoff spot.

wow, you laker fans and your delusions never cease to amaze me... the only difference between the lakers and sixers is that we have 2 superstars and you have NONE

the east has been better than the west, and I'm willing to bet our schedule has been harder than yours and we have 4 more wins

your team is complete trash, which is why many of us are so disgusted in today's loss, even knowing how many players we are currently missing due to injury

What in the world have Ben Simmons or Embiid have done to be superstars? 0.

Your record isn't that much better actually. You got 3 more wins as I post this. Calling a team trash after they deliver a dagger to your team's heart on their home turf shows that you are delusional.

Ingram is the best player on that floor when these two teams met. It's fitting that he put the dagger in the 76ers heart.

And every team deals with injuries. Stop the excuses already. #theprocessexcuse
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#751 » by tsmith » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:59 am

RingsDontLie wrote:
KrazySixersD wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:You're Welcome:

That said I think Philly is a pretty nice young team moving forward. They will be ok. Being in the east is obviously the difference between these two teams right now, and why Philly has a playoff spot.

wow, you laker fans and your delusions never cease to amaze me... the only difference between the lakers and sixers is that we have 2 superstars and you have NONE

the east has been better than the west, and I'm willing to bet our schedule has been harder than yours and we have 4 more wins

your team is complete trash, which is why many of us are so disgusted in today's loss, even knowing how many players we are currently missing due to injury

Your record isn't that much better actually. You got 3 more wins as I post this. Calling a team trash after they deliver a dagger to your team's heart on their home turf shows that you are delusional.

Ingram is the best player on that floor when these two teams met. It's fitting that he put the dagger in the 76ers heart.

Calling Ingram better then Embiid and Simmons is just ridiculous and fan bias at it's best.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,051

Post#752 » by Sixerscan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:23 am

t_smith979 wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:
KrazySixersD wrote:

Calling Ingram better then Embiid and Simmons is just ridiculous and fan bias at it's best.

Embiid averaged 39.5 PPG against the Lakers lol...
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#753 » by sixers hoops » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:21 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:
ak7 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:It was a good game but we have experienced players making turnovers and it is unforgivable. Young guys I can understand but Redick.. wtf.

Lakers played about 15 points better than they have all year... except for Lolzo who was hot trash as always. Ingram bailed him out big time.. that jacked up 3 in the last minute was Lolzo summed up.

If "Lolzo" is hot trash by posting a stat line that has only been posted by the likes of Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler then I hope "Lolzo" is hot trash every day of his life.

Thanks for the easy win.

You're Welcome:

I actually really like Ingram, but if I had to choose two players between the four, I’d easily take Embiid and Simmons. I think their ceiling is really high, as in both top 5 in the league.

The Sixers just haven’t been playing well lately, losing to the Suns and Lakers. They’ve had what was rated the toughest schedule in the league as of last week. They’ve already had two against Boston and Golden State. Two against Cavs after they were playing well. And a close one against Houston. As well as a long west coast trip. I anticipate a strong second half.

Nevertheless, I like Ingram. I was one of the horrible scouts that said I would have taken him over Simmons. I wouldn’t have actually done it because the consensus was clear, but Ingram was very impressive prospect to me.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#754 » by cool93 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:11 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:

Ingram is the best player on that floor when these two teams met..

46+15+7+7
33+7+6+5

Just. LOL.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#755 » by BullyKing » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:24 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:
KrazySixersD wrote:
RingsDontLie wrote:You're Welcome:

Stop trolling
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers