ImageImageImage

GDT: Sixer (13-12) vs Pelicans (13-13) 12/10 7pm EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,033

Re: GDT: Sixer (13-12) vs Pelicans (13-13) 12/10 7pm EST 

Post#281 » by ivysixer2000 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:Would a package of Bayless with TLC and a few 2nds get someone to bite?

At this point I don't know if we could get a large bag of chips for them....perhaps a small bag.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#282 » by Sixerscan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:12 pm

76ciology wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:
76ciology wrote:Long, athletic wing who can’t shoot? McAdoo

McAdoo is a wing? Could have sworn he was a PF who blows.

Well.. what cant mcadoo do that Derrick jones can do? The way I see it, both are similar in terms of what they can provide

Neither of them are rotation level players but they are pretty different. Like in a D league game they wouldn't match up on each other. Jones is a wing while McAdoo is a 4.

McAdoo is also like 4 years older. He's a nonprospect at this point.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#283 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:25 pm

Watching the replay. Close game until Jrue decides to take over in the 4th.

Problem was on D. Ben was on Jrue. Pels worked on a Rondo-AD PnR, Ben usually gets caught up to help on AD at the weakside that in effect gave Jrue open looks. It was not until the last 5-6 mins in the game when we had Ben on Rondo, Ben's size allows him to switch on AD. We also had Dario on Rondo, Dario was able to switch on AD.

When DMC+AD were on the floor. We even played with a Ben/JJ/Saric/Booker/Holmes. With Booker on Rondo! And it actually worked on D. Pels had a tough time running their sets when we just switched their screens.

I dont know. But Ben should be on Rondo to start. If Rondo still opts to run PnR then we can switch to foil the PnR game. If Jrue runs PnR then Rondo's man can help with Rondo not a floor spacer.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#284 » by XDevilBoiX » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:35 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:Would a package of Bayless with TLC and a few 2nds get someone to bite?

At this point I don't know if we could get a large bag of chips for them....perhaps a small bag.

I don’t expect anything back, paying someone to take our garbage
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#285 » by phiphan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:38 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
phiphan wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
Why are you so panicked and angry? Embiid sat out with muscle tightness he didn't get shot.

Because we've seen this story before. Embiid's pain tolerance is through the roof. When it gets to the point that he sits himself, there is a potential for much more than just stiffness. Have you forgotten that he has already had a stress fracture in his back?

Back stiffness isn't really a pain tolerance thing. If you can't move you can't move.

"Stiffness" is a compensatory mechanism that protects from pain experienced in a normal range of motion. The issue is underlying cause of the pain.
Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 470

Post#286 » by Sixercise » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:50 pm

76ciology wrote:Watching the replay. Close game until Jrue decides to take over in the 4th.

Problem was on D. Ben was on Jrue. Pels worked on a Rondo-AD PnR, Ben usually gets caught up to help on AD at the weakside. It was not until the last 5-6 mins in the game when we had Ben on Rondo, Ben's size allows him to switch on AD. We also had Dario on Rondo, Dario was able to switch on AD.

I dont know. But Ben should be on Rondo to start. If Rondo still opts to run PnR then we can switch to foil the PnR game. If Jrue runs PnR then Rondo's man can help with Rondo not a floor spacer.

Except Rondo's not an offensive threat - that would waste Ben's invaluable defending skills against a non-shooter. If anything, if we really want to nitpick someone, it's BB and his late game coaching on D. The big lineup we ran had no chance coming back on transition D or zone - just not enough foot speed to cover Rondo or Jrue who were busting the open spaces all night.
rilamann wrote:Leave Simmons alone, your back would be sore too if you didn't have a spine.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#287 » by 76ciology » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 pm

jiggy08 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Watching the replay. Close game until Jrue decides to take over in the 4th.

Problem was on D. Ben was on Jrue. Pels worked on a Rondo-AD PnR, Ben usually gets caught up to help on AD at the weakside. It was not until the last 5-6 mins in the game when we had Ben on Rondo, Ben's size allows him to switch on AD. We also had Dario on Rondo, Dario was able to switch on AD.

Except Rondo's not an offensive threat - that would waste Ben's invaluable defending skills against a non-shooter. If anything, if we really want to nitpick someone, it's BB and his late game coaching on D. The big lineup we ran had no chance coming back on transition D or zone - just not enough foot speed to cover Rondo or Jrue who were busting the open spaces all night.

Except that individual D doesnt hold much value compared to team D. Thats what I thought was clearly evident in the last two games.

Ben on Rondo allows better team D because Ben can leave Rondo and roam around to get deflections on D. Its not just a theoretical thing but we actually played much better D in the last 5-6 mins when we adjusted on D (Ben on Rondo; Booker on Rondo).

To add.. If you watch the Cavs-Sixers game. I was wondering why we are OK with Redick switching on LBJ. But as we run our defensive schemes, we played much better D with Redick on LBJ with arouns 14 secs on the shot clock. LBJ have to pass with Ben&RoCo roaming the passing lanes. Help D was much better than say RoCo on LBJ and you have JJ to play help D, which has zero value for a guy like LBJ

This could also explain why a post heavy offense doesnt work. Passing out of the double team in the paint with long athletic wings roaming the passing lanes and around 10 secs remaining at the shotclock is a tough position on offense.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,507

Post#288 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:16 pm

I think our biggest issue right now is depth coming off the bench. I really haven't been impressed with anything TLC has done thus far. He's got to quit taking threes because he's simply not making them. On top of that, he's getting burned on defense constantly. Bayless has good qualities, but he's a black hole as well on defense. Fultz will be a welcomed addition when he returns.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#289 » by Sixerscan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:21 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I think our biggest issue right now is depth coming off the bench. I really haven't been impressed with anything TLC has done thus far. He's got to quit taking threes because he's simply not making them. On top of that, he's getting burned on defense constantly. Bayless has good qualities, but he's a black hole as well on defense. Fultz will be a welcomed addition when he returns.

A major issue with our bench last night was that much of it was in the starting lineup.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#290 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:39 pm

He wasn't exactly put to the test, but was anyone else pleasantly surprised with Furk's defensive effort last night?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#291 » by LongLiveHinkie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 pm

I didn't watch the game last night, but I gather they blew another 4th quarter lead?
MosesMalone83
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#292 » by MosesMalone83 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:06 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:I didn't watch the game last night, but I gather they blew another 4th quarter lead?

You saved yourself from high blood pressure

We hung around for a while and then the Pelicans poured it on Holiday is shooting 30% from 3-point land this year but he went crazy last night.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers