ImageImageImage

GDT: Sixers (13-13) vs Wolves (16-11) 12/12 9:30EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

MosesMalone83
Sophomore
And1: 13

Re: GDT: Sixers (13-13) vs Wolves (16-11) 12/12 9:30EST 

Post#741 » by MosesMalone83 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:11 am

76ciology wrote:Ive never seen anyone, other than KAT, that jumped this much to biid’s fakes out the 3pt arch.

He and Andrew Wiggins are just atrocious defensive players. That's why I get a kick out of the people who say they're superstars.

they're far from superstars.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,549

Post#742 » by 76ciology » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:12 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:lmao Brett Brown is the reason we even had to come back. That big lineup was giving Minny all kinds of matchup advantages and the lack of spacing and shooting was bogging down our offense. We won because our superstar took over, it had nothing to do with coaching.

Your not a fan of our starting unit of..
JJ
Ben
Saric
Holmes
Biid
?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#743 » by LongLiveHinkie » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:14 am

76ciology wrote:
LongLiveHinkie wrote:lmao Brett Brown is the reason we even had to come back. That big lineup was giving Minny all kinds of matchup advantages and the lack of spacing and shooting was bogging down our offense. We won because our superstar took over, it had nothing to do with coaching.

JJ
Ben
Saric
Holmes
Biid
?

Hate that lineup. Absolutely loathe it. I really hope we don't see much more of it. Don't care what the net rating is, means absolutely nothing to me.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#744 » by 76ciology » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:16 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:
76ciology wrote:

JJ
Ben
Saric
Holmes
Biid
?

Hate that lineup. Absolutely loathe it. I really hope we don't see much more of it. Don't care what the net rating is, means absolutely nothing to me.

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#745 » by LongLiveHinkie » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:21 am

It could be a million net rating. The lineup sucks. Hopefully they don't use it anymore. Can't do Ben dirty like that and have one shooter on the court with him. Thankfully when Cov comes back we won't see it anymore.
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#746 » by phifans » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:23 am

76ciology wrote:

JJ
Ben
Saric
Holmes
Biid
?

Wonder how the starting lineup would look like when Cov and Fultz coming back and I still don't like Simmons being a full time PG
Sasashi
Sophomore
And1: 99

Post#747 » by Sasashi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:36 am

MosesMalone83 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Ive never seen anyone, other than KAT, that jumped this much to biid’s fakes out the 3pt arch.

He and Andrew Wiggins are just atrocious defensive players. That's why I get a kick out of the people who say they're superstars.

van gundy was absolutely ROASTING the timberwolves tonight when they were winning in the 3rd and 4th....pretty rare for an analyst to harshly criticize the winning team, but the defense was so bad tonight that Van Gundy kept on and on about the wolves defense.
MosesMalone83
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#748 » by MosesMalone83 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:43 am

Sasashi wrote:
MosesMalone83 wrote:

van gundy was absolutely ROASTING the timberwolves tonight when they were winning in the 3rd and 4th....pretty rare for an analyst to harshly criticize the winning team, but the defense was so bad tonight that Van Gundy kept on and on about the wolves defense.

Yep

For some reason these two guys have a reputation as really good players they really aren't they give no effort on the defensive end of the floor.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#749 » by 76ciology » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:50 am

Again.. you cant win with both wiggins and towns. Game is heavy cerebral nowadays. A lot of quick and react things happening.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#750 » by mithrandir17 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:09 am

Simmons flirting with tripple double again.. 7 pts, 8 rebs, 7 TO
Sixers2125
Junior
And1: 123

Re: RE: Re: GDT: Sixers (13-13) vs Wolves (16-11) 12/12 9:30EST 

Post#751 » by Sixers2125 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:14 am

Thought it was mostly Simmons fault, not BBs. Simmons had an awful game and it's a bit concerning how passive he's been. He doesn't even attempt those foul line jumpers anymore, and he seems affraid of contact in the lane. Late in the 4th quarter when he got the ball right under the hoop he passed it out to Redick. He's 6'10! That should be an easy dunk. What is he doing there?!?

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
Sixers2125
Junior

Post#752 » by Sixers2125 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:15 am

76ciology wrote:Again.. you cant win with both wiggins and towns. Game is heavy cerebral nowadays. A lot of quick and react things happening.
Wiggins is the most over rated player in basketball.

Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#753 » by Kolkmania » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:33 am

Sixers2125 wrote:
Thought it was mostly Simmons fault, not BBs. Simmons had an awful game and it's a bit concerning how passive he's been. He doesn't even attempt those foul line jumpers anymore, and he seems affraid of contact in the lane. Late in the 4th quarter when he got the ball right under the hoop he passed it out to Redick. He's 6'10! That should be an easy dunk. What is he doing there?!?

I disagree. How can he be assertive in the paint when Booker, McConnell and Johnson's defenders can leave them completely open at the perimeter? It worked out tonight, because Saric, Holmes and Redick made some big shots, but this isn't the way to go.

Love that we won this ugly game, but I'm terrified that this game is an indication of what to come. Simmons had a horrible game, part of it was nonchalance, but the biggest reason were the rotations.

Remember how Brett Brown mentioned in preseason that he wants to surround Simmons with 4 shooters? Now he has Embiid (mostly in the paint), Holmes, Saric, Johnson, Booker and McConnell around him, the majority of the minutes a combined 3 of them. I don't care that we win more games with playing Johnson and Booker, the development of Embiid, Simmons and Fultz are far more important than a 6th seed or whatever. And with this many big men who aren't comfortable dribbling and inability to shoot, Simmons his development will stunt.

And this is not per se an attack to Brett Brown, he wants to win and the available perimeter players (Bayless and TLC) are horrible, but someone has to tell him that we're trying to win a championship in a few years. Our long term vision is slowly muddling.

Can't wait for Fultz and Covington to return.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,040

Post#754 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 am

LongLiveHinkie wrote:It could be a million net rating. The lineup sucks. Hopefully they don't use it anymore. Can't do Ben dirty like that and have one shooter on the court with him. Thankfully when Cov comes back we won't see it anymore.

Well I do have to say Roco is only an inch shorter than Holmes or Dario (who both can shoot 3s, not at Roco's volume though), so its still a big lineup but Roco does provide more spacing when he is on of course. I do like the big lineup actually, if Roco is ever out, only cause of our huge weakness at the guard positions.

Once we get Fultz in the rotation at least it will lessen, but right now we just don't have the guards to matchup on a nightly basis. Our bigs are just plain better than our guards, there is a reason we are better with the only midget starting being JJ at the moment.

As for Ben, its not doing him dirty. Maybe he will actually step up to the plate and learn that he will need range to be an NBA player, which in the long term is better for the team. Ben's success is of course the objective, but with the injuries we have, we really didn't have a choice tonight unless you wanted to start Bayless or TLC....yeah right. Not like TJ provides spacing, sure he is making them, but he only shoots them when all the defense is in the restricted area.

I will say though, still don't know why Furkan doesn't play.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,040

Post#755 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:12 am

Kolkmania wrote:
Sixers2125 wrote:

I disagree. How can he be assertive in the paint when Booker, McConnell and Johnson's defenders can leave them completely open at the perimeter? It worked out tonight, because Saric, Holmes and Redick made some big shots, but this isn't the way to go.

Love that we won this ugly game, but I'm terrified that this game is an indication of what to come. Simmons had a horrible game, part of it was nonchalance, but the biggest reason were the rotations.

Remember how Brett Brown mentioned in preseason that he wants to surround Simmons with 4 shooters? Now he has Embiid (mostly in the paint), Holmes, Saric, Johnson, Booker and McConnell around him, the majority of the minutes a combined 3 of them. I don't care that we win more games with playing Johnson and Booker, the development of Embiid, Simmons and Fultz are far more important than a 6th seed or whatever. And with this many big men who aren't comfortable dribbling and inability to shoot, Simmons his development will stunt.

And this is not per se an attack to Brett Brown, he wants to win and the available perimeter players (Bayless and TLC) are horrible, but someone has to tell him that we're trying to win a championship in a few years. Our long term vision is slowly muddling.

Not a big BB fan, but I have to wonder who did you expect him to play?? Bayless and TLC were horrible (which he probably didnt plan on), McConnell isn't really a volume shooter, who else did we have.

Ben just has to deal with it and improve, really, and there is noway around that. Can't surround him with 4 shooters when Fultz and Roco are hurt, even if you count Jojo, just don't have the personnel other than maybe Furkan.
Sixers2125
Junior

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GDT: Sixers (13-13) vs Wolves (16-11) 12/12 9:30EST 

Post#756 » by Sixers2125 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:37 am

Kolkmania wrote:
Sixers2125 wrote:

Not every single lineup is going to be Taylor made for Ben Simmons. If he's going to be a star in this league he's gonna have to do it with all sorts of lineups. A lot of it was his body language too. A lot of non chalant passes. That pass from underneath the bucket in the 4th quarter there should be no excuses for. He had a terrible game tonight, and he's been trending in the wrong direction as of late. It is really is a testament to how good he started off that we expect so much from him. I'm sure this is just a bump in the road for him and I hope he uses it to get better.

Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#757 » by Wilfried » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:39 am

Saric is quietly becoming a very vital part of the team's chemistry.

His D on Butler on the final possession in regular PT looked very good too.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GDT: Sixers (13-13) vs Wolves (16-11) 12/12 9:30EST 

Post#758 » by Wilfried » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:41 am

Sixers2125 wrote: He had a terrible game tonight, and he's been trending in the wrong direction as of late. It is really is a testament to how good he started off that we expect so much from him. I'm sure this is just a bump in the road for him and I hope he uses it to get better.

Maybe we shouldn't forget he didn't play a whole year and now he's playing 40 minutes a game.

Fatigue can be a factor?
Sixers2125
Junior

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GDT: Sixers (13-13) vs Wolves (16-11) 12/12 9:30EST 

Post#759 » by Sixers2125 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:46 am

Wilfried wrote:
Sixers2125 wrote: He had a terrible game tonight, and he's been trending in the wrong direction as of late. It is really is a testament to how good he started off that we expect so much from him. I'm sure this is just a bump in the road for him and I hope he uses it to get better.

Maybe we shouldn't forget he didn't play a whole year and now he's playing 40 minutes a game.

Fatigue can be a factor?
I mean yeah maybe, but that's letting him off the hook a little easy. Embiid didnt have an off season to stay in shape and he started the season completely out of shape. He looked at his best in the 4th and ot. I'd be a little worried if a 21 yo kid was so fatigued it was affecting his game already.

Wilfried
Assistant Coach

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GDT: Sixers (13-13) vs Wolves (16-11) 12/12 9:30EST 

Post#760 » by Wilfried » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:15 am

Sixers2125 wrote:
Wilfried wrote:

Fatigue can be a factor?
I mean yeah maybe, but that's letting him off the hook a little easy. Embiid didnt have an off season to stay in shape and he started the season completely out of shape. He looked at his best in the 4th and ot. I'd be a little worried if a 21 yo kid was so fatigued it was affecting his game already.

Thought Simmons didn't score until the 4th quarter?
Thought he and Embiid took over in 4th and OT?

Haven't seen the game, but I read he was effective in the final part of the game, so I shouldn't be too worried

Embiid also plays 6 less minutes per game and has missed already 5 games (to 1 for Simmons). Embiid didn't play last weekend either, so he was well rested.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers