Medical Staff

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Re: Medical Staff 

Post#21 » by Tony Franciosa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:05 pm

the_process wrote:
SuperDario wrote:Yesterday: 'Joel Embiid expected to miss at least 2 more games'
Today: 'Joel Embiid probable for tonight's game'
Shortly before tip-off: 'Joel Embiid is scratched from tonight's lineup'

Tell me this isn't the FO trying to sell more tickets. If so that's honestly pretty despicable.

It’s definitely Scott O’Neil, with the approval of Josh Harris, trying to pump ticket sales. They did the same **** for a month last year before they were forced to admit Embiid was out for the year.

yup - exactly. the vagueness is all about ticket sales. this goes back to the Bynum acquisition too. Remember how coy they were about his availability early in his first year? All to drive ticket sales. And O'Neil looks great if we are selling tons of tickets.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,693

Post#22 » by the_process » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:09 pm

Come the summer, this Medina guy better clean house and get all new people in here. The idea the Sixers guy won trainer of the year is a ******* joke.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#23 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:56 pm

Anderson doubtful for tonight, just one game after being cleared to return.

Still no time table announced for Furkan's injury.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#24 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Feb 2, 2018 8:50 pm

Pretty sure our doctors are just mainlining our players with Gastroenteritis. TLC questionable tonight.

It's kind of hilarious at this point how Gastroenteritis has turned into some kind of plague that's taking out our players one by one.

ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#25 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:21 pm

Excellent call on that "Final Stage of Rehab" back in December.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#26 » by Black Mage » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:24 pm

We need to find out all doc names on that med staff and make a black list. They shouldn't have a practice in this area given how badly they have treatddd the players.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#27 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:49 pm

Per yesterday's injury report, Korkmaz has apparently been cleared for limited basketball activities and will be reevaluated in three weeks. Sounds as though there's a possibility that he'll return this season.

James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#28 » by James40 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:19 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Per yesterday's injury report, Korkmaz has apparently been cleared for limited basketball activities and will be reevaluated in three weeks. Sounds as though there's a possibility that he'll return this season.

If he forgets how to jump I quit, I’ll buy a VW bus, get a head band and follow Bill Walton all over the US.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#29 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:13 am

Quick shoutout to our world renown med staff for completely botching every aspect of that diagnosis last night.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#30 » by marcush » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:21 am

Just......the worst.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#31 » by cool93 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Drunk monkey would guess more correct diagnosis than our medical staff.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#32 » by sixers hoops » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:35 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Quick shoutout to our world renown med staff for completely botching every aspect of that diagnosis last night.

Haha. They are the worst. However, as sixerscan said, he could’ve passed the verbal concussion test, and no fracture showed on the X-ray. Then the hospital find more symptom later and finds the fracture on the CT scan.

This may say more about the concussion test that league’s require before sending players back in. Football players routinely come back and later realize they had a concussion. Maybe the procedure needs to be reviewed.

I think our medical staff is awful, but I’m not sure they erred on this one.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#33 » by Simmons25 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:44 pm

hmmm some people have obviously never heard of "Delayed Concussion". It's pretty common and Embiid could have easily passed the initial concussion tests and then suddenly have the symptoms hit him several hours later. Can't really blame the medical staff for this one.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#34 » by sixers hoops » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:19 pm

Simmons25 wrote:hmmm some people have obviously never heard of "Delayed Concussion". It's pretty common and Embiid could have easily passed the initial concussion tests and then suddenly have the symptoms hit him several hours later. Can't really blame the medical staff for this one.

No. My concern is more regarding letting footballl players back in games. I would be pissed if my QB passed a concussion test and they didn’t let him back in the game. However, it’s crazy sending players who may be suffering from concussions back into a game with that level of physicality. Even hockey as well. It’s not safe, and most players want to go back in.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,964

Post#35 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:22 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Quick shoutout to our world renown med staff for completely botching every aspect of that diagnosis last night.

Haha. They are the worst. However, as sixerscan said, he could’ve passed the verbal concussion test, and no fracture showed on the X-ray. Then the hospital find more symptom later and finds the fracture on the CT scan.

This may say more about the concussion test that league’s require before sending players back in. Football players routinely come back and later realize they had a concussion. Maybe the procedure needs to be reviewed.

Doesn't really matter though even though they screwed up it's sort of is what is. I put about 50 percent of the blame on Brett Brown though Embiid needed rest and it was the perfect time to give him a night off. Then we even win the mf'in game without him.

Brown f'ed us last night. We got Thibodeau'ed
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#36 » by Unbreakable99 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:10 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

Doesn't really matter though even though they screwed up it's sort of is what is. I put about 50 percent of the blame on Brett Brown though Embiid needed rest and it was the perfect time to give him a night off. Then we even win the mf'in game without him.

Disagree.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,966

Post#37 » by eyeatoma » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:34 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

Dude I'm just as sour on Embiid going out as you are. But Brett is not to be blamed here. It was a simple dribble handoff. Embiid actually has looked like he was getting his legs under him. He seemed more sprightly and had more pop on his dunks.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#38 » by marcush » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:00 am

Lol at blaming Brett Brown for Embiid's injury. This place is a cesspool sometimes.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,693

Post#39 » by the_process » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:31 pm

Place the blame for Embiid’s injury where it belongs.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#40 » by XDevilBoiX » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:55 pm

the_process wrote:Place the blame for Embiid’s injury where it belongs.

There is no one to blame, it was a freak accident.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers