ImageImageImage

2017 Draft: Fultz trade and other 17 draft discussion

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Brox
Senior
And1: 129

Re: 2017 Draft: Fultz trade and other 17 draft discussion 

Post#681 » by Brox » Sat Apr 7, 2018 10:51 pm

Josh was number one on my personal board going into the draft but after watching Fultz the last couple games you can definitely see why the 76ers were intrigued by him. I have high hopes for him as well.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#682 » by the_process » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:11 pm

If the lottery comes and the tenth pick is called out and it’s NY or BKN and not the Sixers... two cities worth of basketball fans will be holding their collective breath until after the commercIal break.

If the Celtics get Ayton and Tatum for Fultz... I don’t care if the Sixers are in the ******* Finals, BC needs to be fired immediately.

I just hope for sanity’s sake the Lakers come up at 10.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,429

Post#683 » by Eyeamok » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:55 pm

the_process wrote:If the lottery comes and the tenth pick is called out and it’s NY or BKN and not the Sixers... two cities worth of basketball fans will be holding their collective breath until after the commercIal break.

If the Celtics get Ayton and Tatum for Fultz... I don’t care if the Sixers are in the ******* Finals, BC needs to be fired immediately.

If that happens. BC will say

"If Markelle was in this draft we would have drafted him #1. So we got the player we wanted !"

:lol:
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#684 » by LloydFree » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:35 pm

the_process wrote:If the lottery comes and the tenth pick is called out and it’s NY or BKN and not the Sixers... two cities worth of basketball fans will be holding their collective breath until after the commercIal break.

If not him, then someone should get fired, just for having both Donovan Mitchell and Fultz in for workouts and still determining to trade two top 5 picks for Fultz after watching both.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#685 » by BullyKing » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 pm

What a joke. So BC should be fired immediately for doing exactly what you suggested he should do:

the_process wrote:
Cheatergriffin wrote:
the_process wrote:
While trading down is certainly an option, I personally couldn't just trade out of the lotto for only Kemba.

What if it was Okafor, 2018 PHI 1st, 2019 SAC 1st, and 2020 OKC 1st for Kemba?

Not terrible, honestly would rather trade la pick than kings pick if i had to.

Ive been wondering what a package of #3, la 18, philly 18 would fetch.

Colangelo Should be trying like hell to get up to #1. Showing ainge okafor debut youtube videos everyday would be a good start.

The Laker pick is far more valuable than the Kings pick or any Sixer pick going forward IMO. That's the one you hold on to.

I also agree BC should be talking to Danny Boy about #1. If Ainge wants to lure Hayward, he's going to have to push all in instead of straddling the line like he's been doing the past couple years. Utah is going to offer a max, they aren't going to lowball Gordo and essentially hand their FA over like ATL did.

And then effusively praised him after he did it:

the_process wrote:Well, BC, you certainly made up for the Noel deal. You beat Danny Ainge in a trade. You got who should be the perfect complimentary piece to Embiid and Simmons in Fultz. I think it's fair to say you've earned some trust from the fan base now.

Lloyd is at least always consistent, if not a little repetitive for my taste, in his opinions.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
the_process
RealGM

Post#686 » by the_process » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:08 am

BullyKing wrote:

What a joke. So BC should be fired immediately for doing exactly what you suggested he should do:

the_process wrote:
Cheatergriffin wrote:
Not terrible, honestly would rather trade la pick than kings pick if i had to.

Ive been wondering what a package of #3, la 18, philly 18 would fetch.

Colangelo Should be trying like hell to get up to #1. Showing ainge okafor debut youtube videos everyday would be a good start.

The Laker pick is far more valuable than the Kings pick or any Sixer pick going forward IMO. That's the one you hold on to.

I also agree BC should be talking to Danny Boy about #1. If Ainge wants to lure Hayward, he's going to have to push all in instead of straddling the line like he's been doing the past couple years. Utah is going to offer a max, they aren't going to lowball Gordo and essentially hand their FA over like ATL did.

the_process wrote:Well, BC, you certainly made up for the Noel deal. You beat Danny Ainge in a trade. You got who should be the perfect complimentary piece to Embiid and Simmons in Fultz. I think it's fair to say you've earned some trust from the fan base now.

Lloyd is at least always consistent, if not a little repetitive for my taste, in his opinions.

And I very clearly had a post at one point saying I had changed my mind about Fultz and BC was wrong. So congrats on old post searching? What exactly is your point, counselor? No one can change their mind now? The thought police would be right in line with your side of aisle, so at least that’s consistent...
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#687 » by BullyKing » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 am

the_process wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

the_process wrote:

And I very clearly had a post at one point saying I had changed my mind about Fultz and BC was wrong. So congrats on old post searching? What exactly is your point, counselor? No one can change their mind now? The thought police would be right in line with your side of aisle, so at least that’s consistent...

The point is fairly obvious. But by all means, continue concocting 1000 ways to get Jaren Jackson until you completely reverse your opinion on him the second the cool kids say they don't like him.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
the_process
RealGM

Post#688 » by the_process » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:35 am

BullyKing wrote:
the_process wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

The point is fairly obvious. But by all means, continue concocting 1000 ways to get Jaren Jackson until you completely reverse your opinion on him the second the cool kids say they don't like him.

I agree, your point is fairly obvious. Transparent, in fact. But by all means, continue to be a smarmy ****, as if that makes you “cool.”
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#689 » by rzzzzz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:41 am

Fultz looked better than anyone else out on the court tonight. talent and energy. if Boston get like the 8th pick next year, it ain't keeping me up. plus kid's shot is going to get better. and all credit to Brett getting him up and playing this well heading into the post season.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,510

Post#690 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:20 pm

rzzzzz wrote:Fultz looked better than anyone else out on the court tonight. talent and energy. if Boston get like the 8th pick next year, it ain't keeping me up. plus kid's shot is going to get better. and all credit to Brett getting him up and playing this well heading into the post season.

Big, quick, shifty and athletic. If he can shoot 3s, its over.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#691 » by Ericb5 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:23 pm

76ciology wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:Fultz looked better than anyone else out on the court tonight. talent and energy. if Boston get like the 8th pick next year, it ain't keeping me up. plus kid's shot is going to get better. and all credit to Brett getting him up and playing this well heading into the post season.

Big, quick, shifty and athletic. If he can shoot 3s, its over.

He was also facilitating all over the place. I was really impressed with his vision and his passing.

When he starts shooting the pull up 3’s again he is going to be deadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#692 » by KL78192020 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Kings will be better next year with no incentive to lose, its gona end up like the Lakers pick.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,132

Post#693 » by Arsenal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:32 pm

ozzykhan16 wrote:

Kings will be better next year with no incentive to lose, its gona end up like the Lakers pick.

This. I put the over/under on the Kings pick next year at #10. The 10th pick in the 2019 draft is like the 15th pick in the 2018 draft in terms of value. That would not be much at all for a move from #3 up to #1.

Overall, we still have a very decent chance to "win" the trade.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#694 » by LloydFree » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:59 pm

It doesn't matter where the pick ends up. We lost the trade because he isn't one of the best 3 players from this draft.

The pick likely being high, just adds insult to Injury.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#695 » by Ericb5 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:31 pm

LloydFree wrote:It doesn't matter where the pick ends up. We lost the trade because he isn't one of the best 3 players from this draft.

He isn’t one of the 3 best players from the draft today. Let’s see where he is a year from now.

My philosophy with him has always been a bit different though. I don’t care if he is one of the 3 best players of the draft. As long as he turns into an allstar level player then he was worth the price. Even if Ball or Smith or anyone else turns out to be even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,718

Post#696 » by 76thBearCub » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:57 pm

LloydFree wrote:It doesn't matter where the pick ends up. We lost the trade because he isn't one of the best 3 players from this draft.

That much is obvious.

Wait... no.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#697 » by Arsenal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:58 pm

I see your plan is to go down with the ship Lloyd.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#698 » by rzzzzz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:01 pm

IF we end up meeting Boston in the 2nd round, it'll be interesting to see how things with Tatum and Fultz play out. Tatum is a great shooter, and what he does he does well. Fultz last night was all over the floor effecting play. IF he improves over the next week and a half as much as he's improved over the last games of the season, he's going to be fun to watch.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#699 » by KL78192020 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:01 pm

No one knows who the best players from that draft will be. Need at least 2-3 years to fully assess a draft class. Tyreke Evans looked like he would be a perennial allstar based on his rookie year. Kawhi Leonard didn't look like any special in his rookie year.

You just don't know after one year.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#700 » by Arsenal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:01 pm

At this point I'd only consider Mitchell or Tatum instead of Fultz. As of next year or the year after, there is a good chance Fultz will stake his claim as the best player in his draft.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers