ImageImageImage

Welcome Marco Belinelli

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Re: Welcome Marco Belinelli 

Post#241 » by TheZachAttack » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:47 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:What the contract situation with Wayne Ellington? I want both Redick and Belinelli back but that’s probably not going to happen. I want two good shooters. If we lose one I want Ellington if he’s a free agent.

There's a lot of good shooters in this offseason's class and draft.

I agree Redick is great, but the Sixers can get better value for their money. Bellennelli will only be a few million and isn't all that far off from Redick. The Sixers could reasonably go after Ellington and Bellenelli. Trevor Ariza or Luc Mbah Mouta are interesting names too. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sixers go wing in the draft also.

Adding say Bridges/Ellington/Ariza or Mbah Moute would be extremely interesting. If the Sixer go big with their pick they could go grab Ellington/Bellenelli/and Ariza or Mouta.

I think the Sixers can have a really effective lineup combinations letting Covington/Ariza get a lot of minutes behind Saric at PF. Fultz/Bridges/Ellington/Covington/Ariza/Saric is enough depth to fill the 2-4 spots and they can play Holmes or add a veteran min for matchups that dictate them going bigger.

I think what is more likely to happen though is that you force teams to go small to matchup with you. Traditional bigs won't be able to guard Covington/Ariza in space on the perimeter and there arent many PFs with the kind of post game to really do a lot of damage to those two if there is a size disadvantage.
papajoe
Junior
And1: 360

Post#242 » by papajoe » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:50 am

TheNewEra wrote:Like the OKC Harden role for Fultz as he develops. Harden didn’t mind the role he would still be there if they just paid him. Marco, JJ, and Ersan might give title run discounts if a start is brought in need to dump that Bayless contract for cash.

Agreed, should his jumper come back this summer no reason he can't average 25-28 minutes off the bench as our first option. Long term however idea has to be to integrate him into lineup.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,592

Re: RE: Re: Welcome Marco Belinelli 

Post#243 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:28 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:Well Ersan is younger than both Marco and JJ, along with him being a big man who age better. There are just plain more wings available in the draft and free agency than a big who can play backup PF, center, and shoot 3s at a consistent rate. Our main advantage right now is our size and length, and with us probably drafting a wing high I see more of a need to maintain that quality size with a guy like Ersan.

Well, not really.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk
Слава Украине!
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,040

Re: RE: Re: Welcome Marco Belinelli 

Post#244 » by ivysixer2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:40 am

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:Well Ersan is younger than both Marco and JJ, along with him being a big man who age better. There are just plain more wings available in the draft and free agency than a big who can play backup PF, center, and shoot 3s at a consistent rate. Our main advantage right now is our size and length, and with us probably drafting a wing high I see more of a need to maintain that quality size with a guy like Ersan.

Well, not really.

Hmmmm....

Ersan is 30
Marco is 32
JJ is 33

Did you find a new birth certificate?? :)
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,592

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Welcome Marco Belinelli 

Post#245 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:49 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:
Ryoga Hibiki wrote:

Well, not really.

Hmmmm....

Ersan is 30
Marco is 32
JJ is 33

It's very well known in Europe that he's likely not born in '87. There are report about him being born in '84, and actually not even been called Ersan Iliasova but Arsen Iliasov from Uzbekistan.
I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but a) he's name is not Turkish and b) he's around since the U16 tournaments. At the time nobody believed the Turkish federation, the guy popped out of nowhere, and he didn't look like a 16 years old kid at all.

I've also been told in the past he doesn't speak proper turkish, but I really can't confirm that.

Слава Украине!
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Welcome Marco Belinelli 

Post#246 » by ivysixer2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:14 am

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
Ryoga Hibiki wrote:Well, not really.

Hmmmm....

Ersan is 30
Marco is 32
JJ is 33

It's very well known in Europe that he's likely not born in '87. There are report about him being born in '84, and actually not even been called Ersan Iliasova but Arsen Iliasov from Uzbekistan.
I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but a) he's name is not Turkish and b) he's around since the U16 tournaments. At the time nobody believed the Turkish federation, the guy popped out of nowhere, and he didn't look like a 16 years old kid at all.

I've also been told in the past he doesn't speak proper turkish, but I really can't confirm that.

Ok well didn't know all that, I'm from the usa and I still think Lebron was 30 when he graduated high school. 8-)

I was just joking with my birth certificate comment, who knows.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#247 » by Foshan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 am

I really hope Kormaz is taking notes of JJ & Marco's game.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#248 » by Unbreakable99 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Read on Twitter
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#249 » by ivysixer2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:14 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The one girl with her mouth open facing him....is kinda interesting.

Would Rocky ever do that?
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#250 » by XDevilBoiX » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:04 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The one girl with her mouth open facing him....is kinda interesting.

Would Rocky ever do that?

Yes!! SS was in a hardcore movie when he was young.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,444

Post#251 » by Eyeamok » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:39 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:Not to rain on everyone’s parade, if he’s that good, a contending team would have traded for him. I get it that he’s a new toy and everyone will get excited at the start. Look how ya’ll sour on Booker lol

:(
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,444

Post#252 » by Eyeamok » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:46 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
ckchen wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:TLC is trash, Bayless even more trash, so anything not terrible (like belinelli) is a huge improvement.

Cut to a few weeks from now when "Belinelli is trash"

Beli is already trash. Some people just haven’t caught on to it yet.

The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach

Post#253 » by XDevilBoiX » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:Not to rain on everyone’s parade, if he’s that good, a contending team would have traded for him. I get it that he’s a new toy and everyone will get excited at the start. Look how ya’ll sour on Booker lol

Haha I admit I was wrong. He’s been great here
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#254 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 pm

But what really matters here is, he is a net negative player, even when shooting 7-13 and 4-8 from 3, he was only +20. What he gives on one end he takes away on the other.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,549

Post#255 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:11 am

Paul George needs to see how we Beli and JJ are having career best season with us and realize that he can elevate his career to LBJ-KD level playing JJ and Beli's role.

PG, we'll take a paycut
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#256 » by SparksFly87 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 am

Belinelli is gonna get paid a multi-year deal out of our price range this summer. Redick is definitely more attainable factoring that we paid him well last off-season and his desire to stay in the area.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#257 » by Ericb5 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:But what really matters here is, he is a net negative player, even when shooting 7-13 and 4-8 from 3, he was only +20. What he gives on one end he takes away on the other.

That shows the flaw in that stat because he obviously has been terrific for us. Hitting those threes has a bigger effect on the game than simply 3 points because they are momentum builders, and soul crushers for the opposing defenses.

He would be exposed if he was playing 35 minutes a night, but in his current role he has been great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach

Post#258 » by XDevilBoiX » Sat May 5, 2018 10:54 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

Haha I admit I was wrong. He’s been great here

I take this **** back, he **** stinks!!
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,828

Post#259 » by Negrodamus » Sat May 5, 2018 11:33 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:
Eyeamok wrote: