ImageImageImage

Individual and Team Stats/Analytics

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Individual and Team Stats/Analytics 

Post#1 » by PLO » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:23 am

Within the last week the NBA has released new stats to measure players' hustle on both ends of the floor, but mainly on the D end. Philly players feature in a number of these in terms of top 10 league wide: link to description of new hustle stats link to actual new stats page

Roco is in the top 3 in all categories for deflections, including leading the deflections per game category. Ben Simmons is top 5 in both the Loose Balls Recovered per Game and Total Loose Balls Recovered and top 10 in Loose Balls Per 36. He also sneaks into the top 10 in total Deflections and Deflections Per.

Amir Johnson is top 10 in Box Outs Per 36 and Joel Embiid top 5 in Contested 2s Per Game and a number of other 76er players are high in different categories as well.

Good to see our defensive team output being reflected in some of these hustle stats; a good reflection on the players themselves but also our recruiting and coaching.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,689

Re: Individual and Team Stats/Analytics 

Post#2 » by 76thBearCub » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:19 am

This is basketball not the math team son.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#3 » by sixers hoops » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:39 am

PLO wrote:Within the last week the NBA has released new stats to measure players' hustle on both ends of the floor, but mainly on the D end. Philly players feature in a number of these in terms of top 10 league wide: link to description of new hustle stats link to actual new stats page

Roco is in the top 3 in all categories for deflections, including leading the deflections per game category. Ben Simmons is top 5 in both the Loose Balls Recovered per Game and Total Loose Balls Recovered and top 10 in Loose Balls Per 36. He also sneaks into the top 10 in total Deflections and Deflections Per.

Amir Johnson is top 10 in Box Outs Per 36 and Joel Embiid top 5 in Contested 2s Per Game and a number of other 76er players are high in different categories as well.

Good to see our defensive team output being reflected in some of these hustle stats; a good reflection on the players themselves but also our recruiting and coaching.

No surprise Cov ranks high in def hustle stats.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,689

Post#4 » by 76thBearCub » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:46 am

Yes I'm joking. But I just don't get the explosion in the popularity of the analytics. I mean I know Covington is a beast at getting deflections. I watch him every game. I don't need to know he's 1.5% better then the next guy. Just my opinion obviously I'm just trying to explain a little because I see the value they have it just sucks the fun out of it for me to have a conversation about it that way.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,397

Post#5 » by 76ciology » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:56 am

I’d been also checking out the analytics and everything points out that we are in the right direction of being a great team.

It’s just we’re a young team that lacks consistency, that leads us to be either dr.jekyll or mr. Hyde. Sometimes were worse than the Phoenix Suns, sometimes we look like a team that can beat the Warriors by 20.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#6 » by PLO » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Ben Simmons is top 5 in the league in "potential assists", assists that lead to a shot whether made or not. So if you want to know how many assists Simmons could have had this season per game, its actually 16.3. It would be interesting to know who has thrown up the most bricks from Simmons' passes.

Westbrook leads the league at 19.9, and just ahead of Simmons are Lebron, Wall and Harden.

Simmons is third in the league in "hockey assists", behind Beal and Curry.

Simmons is first in the league in passes recieved and made which speaks to the Brett Brown system. In fact he's way way ahead of the next player (Lonzo Ball) in terms of passes made per game - 76.6 to Ball's 65.8.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers