And1: 19,107

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part II 

Post#1 » by Kobblehead » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:02 pm

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,561

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part II 

Post#2 » by 76ciology » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:20 pm

Ben did a great point on his interview at TnT where he said his teammates (jj was his example) are getting good looks when he hands off passes to them because his defender is too far to challenge the shot.

Ben playing PUBG
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#3 » by Kobblehead » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:00 pm

I wonder if the Hawks are a little extra physical with Ben tonight due to his comment. Then again, I wonder if they even care enough to be offended.
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#4 » by KKell2507 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Well if Ben wants to lock up rookie of the year, now is his chance. Hes got every opportunity in the world to go out and average about 20, 9, and 11 the rest of the way. Lead these guys without Embiid to 50 wins with another 3 or so Triple Doubles, and getting over the 20 point barrier in most of the final 8 games and I think he locks it up if he hasn't already.

Wont be at all surprised to see TONS of the Saric-Ilyasova at the 4-5 lineups surrounding Simmons with 4 3pt shooters. Our defense is certainly going to suffer without Embiid. But going 5 out and completely spacing the floor will enhance our offense a bit and provide Simmons with all the room he needs to attack the rim at will with no one in the paint.

Also would love to take this opportunity to get Fultz some run WITH Simmons. Not having Embiid in the post, we can have Simmons in the post a bit more, kicking out of the post or scoring in the post with Fultz helping on the ballhandling side. Good chance to experiment some with it, playing bad teams and with our star player out.

It absolutely sucks that Embiid got hurt, but it will hopefully allow BB to experiment with some new things down the stretch and see how it plays out. And with Embiid out, I would LOVE to see Simmons step up and take on the alpha dog role and get this team to 50 wins anyway.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#5 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:09 pm

KKell2507 wrote:Well if Ben wants to lock up rookie of the year, now is his chance. Hes got every opportunity in the world to go out and average about 20, 9, and 11 the rest of the way. Lead these guys without Embiid to 50 wins with another 3 or so Triple Doubles, and getting over the 20 point barrier in most of the final 8 games and I think he locks it up if he hasn't already.

Wont be at all surprised to see TONS of the Saric-Ilyasova at the 4-5 lineups surrounding Simmons with 4 3pt shooters. Our defense is certainly going to suffer without Embiid. But going 5 out and completely spacing the floor will enhance our offense a bit and provide Simmons with all the room he needs to attack the rim at will with no one in the paint.

Also would love to take this opportunity to get Fultz some run WITH Simmons. Not having Embiid in the post, we can have Simmons in the post a bit more, kicking out of the post or scoring in the post with Fultz helping on the ballhandling side. Good chance to experiment some with it, playing bad teams and with our star player out.

It absolutely sucks that Embiid got hurt, but it will hopefully allow BB to experiment with some new things down the stretch and see how it plays out. And with Embiid out, I would LOVE to see Simmons step up and take on the alpha dog role and get this team to 50 wins anyway.

NEED a fultz/Simmons pick and roll with Holmes in the game ready for lobs

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#6 » by XDevilBoiX » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
KKell2507 wrote:Well if Ben wants to lock up rookie of the year, now is his chance. Hes got every opportunity in the world to go out and average about 20, 9, and 11 the rest of the way. Lead these guys without Embiid to 50 wins with another 3 or so Triple Doubles, and getting over the 20 point barrier in most of the final 8 games and I think he locks it up if he hasn't already.

Need Fultz to be the first man off the bench for scoring. TJ can be the backup pg not sg.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#7 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Now it is the time to show how good he is, with Embiid out he has to be the man.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#8 » by Skates » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Go full Magic Johnson and have Simmons jump Center to start the game, throw up a 40 pt, 15 assist game and walk away with ROTY.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#9 » by Kova » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:18 pm

Time to take over Ben. Especially with scoring.
BenSimmonsStan
Junior
And1: 121

Post#10 » by BenSimmonsStan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:00 am

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Ben Simmons 2019 MVP, 2019 MIP, 2019 DPOY.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Re: RE: Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part II 

Post#11 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:47 am

XDevilBoiX wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:

Need Fultz to be the first man off the bench for scoring. TJ can be the backup pg not sg.
This needs 0 min from here on out

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
Cheatergriffin
Pro Prospect
And1: 356

Post#12 » by Cheatergriffin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:16 pm

Past 6 games averaging in 29.3mpg:11.1ppg, 10.5 rebounds, 10.6 assists.

Im not the greatest at math but those per 36min numbers translate to 13.6ppg, 12.9 rebounds, 13 assists. This is his first year in the league....and u could argue he’s in the top 5-10versatile defenders in the league.

I love u ben...
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#13 » by Ericb5 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:46 pm

Simmons was next level last night. He was by far the best player on the court.

His play over the last month has actually made me reconsider if I want to sign Lebron. I mean Lebron is the best player in the world and a great mentor to Simmons, but I’m not sure that I want to have the ball out of Ben’s hands as much as Lebron would probably require.

If Lebron were to come here he would have to not play the role that he currently plays in Cleveland, and is he ready to do that?

I mean I still want Lebron, but it is making me think harder about it.

It might make more sense to sign one year deals again and then hold our fire for 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Re: RE: Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part II 

Post#14 » by cool93 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:05 pm

Ericb5 wrote:Simmons was next level last night. He was by far the best player on the court.

His play over the last month has actually made me reconsider if I want to sign Lebron. I mean Lebron is the best player in the world and a great mentor to Simmons, but I’m not sure that I want to have the ball out of Ben’s hands as much as Lebron would probably require.

If Lebron were to come here he would have to not play the role that he currently plays in Cleveland, and is he ready to do that?

I mean I still want Lebron, but it is making me think harder about it.

It might make more sense to sign one year deals again and then hold our fire for 2019.

I think we are in that position that if LeBron comes here it's great, they'll make it work, truly elite players always do. But if he won't come, ehh, we'll be elite team anyway.

Thank you, Sam.

Sent from my i5030 using RealGM mobile app
Sasashi
Sophomore
And1: 99

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part II 

Post#15 » by Sasashi » Sun Apr 1, 2018 8:45 pm

My goodness, Ben Simmons is a magician. Some commentator, an ex player if I’m not mistaken, said that Simmons is a more athletic magic johnson before the season started. Looks like he might be dead on accurate.

Folks, What we are seeing is greatness unfolding and it is smacking the whole fanbase on the face night in and night out.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#16 » by Ericb5 » Sun Apr 1, 2018 8:49 pm

Sasashi wrote:My goodness, Ben Simmons is a magician. Some commentator, an ex player if I’m not mistaken, said that Simmons is a more athletic magic johnson.

Folks, What we are seeing is greatness unfolding and it is smacking the whole fanbase on the face night in and night out.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

He is bigger, stronger, and faster than Magic, and a better facilitator than Lebron.

I’m not saying that that means that he will be better than either of those guys, but it puts it into perspective.

He is simply dominating these games recently.

Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#17 » by Unbreakable99 » Sun Apr 1, 2018 8:59 pm

How’s many guards can seriously be on the all defense 1st and 2nd team over Ben? Beverly didn’t play this year so he’s off. Smart maybe. I don’t know Smart’s metrics but I know he can play D. CP3? He plays good D but I don’t know what his metrics are this season. Who else could be over Simmons for all defense and if Simmons doesn’t make it is it a crime?
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,195

Post#18 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 1, 2018 9:05 pm

What are you guys talking about? He's the next Boris Diaw/Lamar Odom at best.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,195

Post#19 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 1, 2018 9:11 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:How’s many guards can seriously be on the all defense 1st and 2nd team over Ben? Beverly didn’t play this year so he’s off. Smart maybe. I don’t know Smart’s metrics but I know he can play D. CP3? He plays good D but I don’t know what his metrics are this season. Who else could be over Simmons for all defense and if Simmons doesn’t make it is it a crime?

CP3, Oladipo, and Butler come to mind. Ben should definitely be in contention to make one of the teams.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#20 » by Unbreakable99 » Sun Apr 1, 2018 9:15 pm

sixers238 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:How’s many guards can seriously be on the all defense 1st and 2nd team over Ben? Beverly didn’t play this year so he’s off. Smart maybe. I don’t know Smart’s metrics but I know he can play D. CP3? He plays good D but I don’t know what his metrics are this season. Who else could be over Simmons for all defense and if Simmons doesn’t make it is it a crime?

CP3, Oladipo, and Butler come to mind. Ben should definitely be in contention to make one of the teams.

Butler has been out for a while. I would not put Butler over Simmons. Not sure about Oladipo though. How do the metrics stack up among Oladipo CP3 Smart Simmons and Butler? Does anyone have that?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers