ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part II

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,844

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part II 

Post#1161 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Why does Simmons have to take a party bus to the arena for a home game? I see him riding around in this thing on Instagram all the time.

I just don't see this guy being long for Philly. He's an LA guy for sure. And I'm at the point where I won't miss him when that day comes.Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
thejuice17
Junior
And1: 25

Post#1162 » by thejuice17 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:40 pm

MambaJuice wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
MambaJuice wrote:*Looks at criticism in this thread and people wanting to trade him.
*Looks up Ben Simmons' age.
*Laughs and leaves thread.

In the case of Simmons, I'd argue age is not as much of a factor as many other young players, in terms of potential. This is because he has played basketball all of his life, and was stronger and faster than everybody else even at 20yo. He came very polished into the league (minus the shot), unlike your Giannis or Embiid of the world. This is not to say he cannot improve, but many things young players struggle with (strength, inexperience), don't apply with him.
Besides, if we get another star for him that fits the team better, why is out of the question to trade him? Nobody has said to trade him for peanuts or for a role player.

Ben has played about 1 and 1/5th seasons. He's 22. I think people are getting caught up in the stuff he doesn't do well and forgetting all the stuff he does amazingly well. We still don't know everything he can be yet. Let's say he starts shooting in year 3. His game could improve exponentially.

Would the Celtics trade Tatum? Would the Jazz trade Mitchell? I think they'd hang up the phone for 99% of the players in the league. I wouldn't even consider moving Ben for anything less than a Godfather offer.

simmons is cocky guy & lack of the talent except his body,he pratice his free throw in off season,his jumper & free throw still have zero improvement thus far,not to mention his poor skills on making layup in traffic,when someone graud him
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#1163 » by mithrandir17 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:43 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:Why does Simmons have to take a party bus to the arena for a home game? I see him riding around in this thing on Instagram all the time.

I just don't see this guy being long for Philly. He's an LA guy for sure. And I'm at the point where I won't miss him when that day comes.Image

What type of car should Ben Simmons buy to show you that he is a Philly guy?
thejuice17
Junior

Post#1164 » by thejuice17 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:48 pm

downtownpie wrote:
KrazySixersD wrote:
downtownpie wrote:I wonder if this board is indicative of al 76er fans. In the space of 20 odd games he has gone from a potential mvp to trade his ass.

Thats world record pace for short sightedness.

whoever was saying mvp for simmons is nuts... embiid was way better than him even last year... last year i noticed his glaring weaknesses... not just small things that can be fixed, MASSIVE weaknesses for the PG position

he cant shoot mid range
cant shoot fts
cant shoot 3s
cant break his man off the dribble unless its just a strait line head of steam
cant finish a contested layup around the basket
has horrible body control (embiid can euro step around people at his size, but simmons can not)
awful ability to stretch the ball away from his body and finish
is not aggressive, almost always plays passive, therefore rarely puts pressure on the defense which doesnt result in a ton of open kick out shots
very turnover prone

these are MASSIVE issues for simmons, and after an offseason where all his issues were massively apparent, he has fixed NONE OF THEM

NONE, not 1

the guy is nothing even close to an MVP, and at this point, I feel like he is not even close to being an all star.. triple doubles in todays NBA when you constantly have the ball in your hands and are 6'10 are NOT impressive

they just arent

if fultz played 34 mpg, always had the ball in his hands, he would also be getting triple doubles

people need to WAKE UP and see ben simmons the basketball player for what he is or isnt, and not see our number 1 pick rookie of the year stat stuffer

MCW won rookie of the year as well and put up gaudy stats at times, it didnt change that watching him with an objective eye told the story of a career backup at best

lo and behold.. what is MCW? a career backup

is he sleeping with your girlfriend? you can't be taken seriously.

you were obviosuly expecting 'second year' Simmons to be prime Lebron. :crazy:

so u expect ben has zero improvement ? he just not a talent as embiid & glannis,and he will never be
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#1165 » by Simmons25 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:49 pm

Damn... it's happening. People are actually trying to find things about Simmons personality to hate him for like what car he takes to the game.

I guess RoCo and Bayless are gone now so some are madly trying to find the new whipping boy to take their anger out on. How sad.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#1166 » by sixers hoops » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:51 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:Why does Simmons have to take a party bus to the arena for a home game? I see him riding around in this thing on Instagram all the time.

I would assume a Toyota Corolla
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#1167 » by sixers hoops » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:56 pm

Simmons25 wrote:Damn... it's happening. People are actually trying to find things about Simmons personality to hate him for like what car he takes to the game.

I guess RoCo and Bayless are gone now so some are madly trying to find the new whipping boy to take their anger out on. How sad.

I think the frustration is because he dated a Kardashian and his shot didn’t improve. So people assume he didn’t work on his shot.

Frankly, a lot of players work on their shot over a summer and just don’t get better.

As a rookie, he almost made the all-star team and captained that big winning streak without Embiid.

After his horrible Boston series, and his poor early season scoring, people are mad, nervous, upset, etc.

I think Ben will be a perennial All-Star, but his offensive game needs to grow.
thejuice17
Junior

Post#1168 » by thejuice17 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:57 pm

MambaJuice wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
MambaJuice wrote:*Looks at criticism in this thread and people wanting to trade him.
*Looks up Ben Simmons' age.
*Laughs and leaves thread.

In the case of Simmons, I'd argue age is not as much of a factor as many other young players, in terms of potential. This is because he has played basketball all of his life, and was stronger and faster than everybody else even at 20yo. He came very polished into the league (minus the shot), unlike your Giannis or Embiid of the world. This is not to say he cannot improve, but many things young players struggle with (strength, inexperience), don't apply with him.
Besides, if we get another star for him that fits the team better, why is out of the question to trade him? Nobody has said to trade him for peanuts or for a role player.

Ben has played about 1 and 1/5th seasons. He's 22. I think people are getting caught up in the stuff he doesn't do well and forgetting all the stuff he does amazingly well. We still don't know everything he can be yet. Let's say he starts shooting in year 3. His game could improve exponentially.

Would the Celtics trade Tatum? Would the Jazz trade Mitchell? I think they'd hang up the phone for 99% of the players in the league. I wouldn't even consider moving Ben for anything less than a Godfather offer.

ben has been rank up the most overrated player in leauge,he only play well against lottery,struggled against elite team,he is gd last season teams dun know how to defend him,until celtics,they show the leauge how to shut down him easily,not to mention simmons's playmarking is useless in half court,much worse than fultz,he can't play with embiid
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,474

Post#1169 » by youngcrev » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:58 pm

So what are we up to now, like 5 full blown Ben-haters?
thejuice17
Junior

Post#1170 » by thejuice17 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:02 am

sixers hoops wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:Damn... it's happening. People are actually trying to find things about Simmons personality to hate him for like what car he takes to the game.

I think the frustration is because he dated a Kardashian and his shot didn’t improve. So people assume he didn’t work on his shot.

Frankly, a lot of players work on their shot over a summer and just don’t get better.

As a rookie, he almost made the all-star team and captained that big winning streak without Embiid.

After his horrible Boston series, and his poor early season scoring, people are mad, nervous, upset, etc.

I think Ben will be a perennial All-Star, but his offensive game needs to grow.

and even worse is,his weakness not only he can't shot.............he has so many holes on his offensive game,teams are shut him down easily,as a 4,his low post game is weak,he doesn't play like magic,magic shooting 90% at line,anmd has a deadly baby hook
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#1171 » by Arsenal » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:03 am

Entities always need to hate on someone. So yeah, now that Dario and RoCo are gone, I guess Ben and Markelle are next on the hit list.

There is legit criticism for sure, but what they freaking drive is not it.

BTW watching Ben and he takes plenty of outside shots during shootaround. He needs to go ahead and pull the trigger in games.

Again, really hoping Jimmy gets on him to start taking them. This is the kind of thing where Jimmy's intensity and drive could help instead of hurt.
thejuice17
Junior

Post#1172 » by thejuice17 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:10 am

Arsenal wrote:Entities always need to hate on someone. So yeah, now that Dario and RoCo are gone, I guess Ben and Markelle are next on the hit list.

There is legit criticism for sure, but what they freaking drive is not it.

BTW watching Ben and he takes plenty of outside shots during shootaround. He needs to go ahead and pull the trigger in games.

Again, really hoping Jimmy gets on him to start taking them. This is the kind of thing where Jimmy's intensity and drive could help instead of hurt.

fultz show improvement every game,unlike ben,ben Should not start,if he only can play with 4 sHooters around him,this is embniid's team,not ben,this team should build around biid,not simmons :banghead:
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#1173 » by nurseryc » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:24 am

Ben’s team mates should pass him the ball in scoring opportunities. A major focus of the team should be to develop ben’s offensive game. If we unlock Ben’s offensive game we are perenial finalists. Butler and Embiid need to pass the ball to Ben when he’s open and be actively looking for him in scoring opportunities
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#1174 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:45 am

sixers hoops wrote:
mithrandir17 wrote:

I would assume a Toyota Corolla

He’s got a group of guys whereever he goes. Kind of like how LeBron does it.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#1175 » by Jkam31 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:56 am

Why are you guys so quick to trade Ben you good on to him till the off season and trade Ben/Miami 1st for Anthony Davis. Nobody is beating that deal and have a big 3 of Embiid/AD/Butler

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#1176 » by PLO » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:49 am

Jkam31 wrote:Why are you guys so quick to trade Ben

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

The posters on here who want to trade him are legit completely clueless.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#1177 » by Negrodamus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:01 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:Image

Hill staffer sent me this pic of Ben Simmons they took just now. I’ll tell you something: that jacket and coat don’t look like a point guard who struggles.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#1178 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:37 am

LOL just a bunch of entitled weepers who are crying because Ben hasn't become Curry overnight...I just laugh at them tbh :lol: :lol:

Also folks like to harp on about the Celtics series but I'd love to know where was Reddick In that series? Where was Bellanelli, Elyasova and most of the others? They make it sound like it was Ben's fault that we lost even though he pretty much averaged higher than his normal points per game ratio In that series :roll: .

But hey, If they want to live in a fantasy world where Ben gets traded then so be it, Meanwhile I'll continue to reside in reality thank you very much :D .
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Post#1179 » by phillynative » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:27 am

I agree the league has figured out how to defend him. He just has to continue to add pieces to his game. I think he's not interested in being a scorer just a playmaker and all around guy. That is fine but he will still have to be some type of scoring threat to move the defense. We wont truly compete if he doesnt improve offensively. Right now he is the 4th option on offense, so the pressure isnt on him as much but he still has to be agressive.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#1180 » by James40 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:21 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:

Stone Colds, Austin 3:16 Pick up, ohh Hell Yeah!!!

Return to Philadelphia 76ers