ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part II

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part II 

Post#1181 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:23 pm

I could care less about the car he has, this is a non issue.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
thejuice17
Junior
And1: 25

Post#1182 » by thejuice17 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Jkam31 wrote:Why are you guys so quick to trade Ben you good on to him till the off season and trade Ben/Miami 1st for Anthony Davis. Nobody is beating that deal and have a big 3 of Embiid/AD/Butler

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

you throught pelicans drunk ?
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#1183 » by NBA Moses » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:32 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:What type of car should Ben Simmons buy to show you that he is a Philly guy?

1997 Maxima?
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect

Post#1184 » by NBA Moses » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:47 pm

I'm not a Ben hater I actually like him very much.

But you can legitimately question whether he is a fit on this team and a long term fit in grittydelphia. Does Ben want to be in Embiids Philly shadow his whole career?

If Ben wants to be here in the Big Scrapple long term(which I doubt) then the Sixers need to go corner the market on outside shooters and a legit 2 guard who can guard and create. If Diva Ben has wandering eye towards the Kartrashians and LaLA land then Id move him like Now.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#1185 » by PLO » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:52 pm

"Diva Ben", that's just absurd. You can critique him for parts of his game but he's the opposite of a diva, he seems visibly emotionless during games. If you've seen him throw a temper tantrum on court I'd like to see the footage of it.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect

Post#1186 » by NBA Moses » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:03 pm

PLO wrote:"Diva Ben", that's just absurd. You can critique him for parts of his game but he's the opposite of a diva, he seems visibly emotionless during games. If you've seen him throw a temper tantrum on court I'd like to see the footage of it.

He had a documentary done at 20 y.o. Reportedly didnt want any parts of an NIT bid. Way too cool for school on any questions asked about his future in Philadlephia. And getting caught up into that horrific Kartrashian web is about as ungrounded a move that any male can make.

I just dont see this guy being content in Philadlephia playing 2nd or third fiddle his entire career. Thats how I see it.
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#1187 » by gdog2004 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:19 pm

I like Ben as a player but I would take Mitchell straight up over him in a heartbeat and the team would be better as a result.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#1188 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:19 pm

gdog2004 wrote:I like Ben as a player but I would take Mitchell straight up over him in a heartbeat and the team would be better as a result.

No, I am a proud Simmons hater and Mitchell is not a good return for him, Simmons is better than him, Mitchell is a chucker at this point, 50% TS is really bad, and he is not an elite playmaker or elite passer to make up for it.
The idea of trading Simmons makes sense given our roster construction and to avoid having to give him the max, but it has to be for a player that makes us better and fits(one of the portland guards for example). Besides, Butler is a much better version of Mitchell in terms of scoring.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#1189 » by PLO » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:04 am

gdog2004 wrote:I like Ben as a player but I would take Mitchell straight up over him in a heartbeat and the team would be better as a result.

There was a game yesterday, DMitch and Simmons were both in it. Did you watch it?
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1190 » by XDevilBoiX » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:29 am

This team man, we are up and we shooting 3s lol never learn
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#1191 » by Kobblehead » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:32 am

THIS is the Ben that we need when negotiating a max deal this summer. He needs to find a way to get in the 12-15 fga range like he was tonight.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#1192 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:39 am

Great game from Ben tonight.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
papajoe
Junior
And1: 360

Post#1193 » by papajoe » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:44 am

Awesome
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#1194 » by Arsenal » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:48 am

Hopefully we can hold off calling to trade Ben until next game.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#1195 » by mithrandir17 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:06 am

Arsenal wrote:Hopefully we can hold off calling to trade Ben until next game.

Ben is the new trade target since they have a new toy in Jimmy.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#1196 » by Simmons25 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:19 am

NBA Moses wrote:I'm not a Ben hater I actually like him very much.

But you can legitimately question whether he is a fit on this team and a long term fit in grittydelphia. Does Ben want to be in Embiids Philly shadow his whole career?

If Ben wants to be here in the Big Scrapple long term(which I doubt) then the Sixers need to go corner the market on outside shooters and a legit 2 guard who can guard and create. If Diva Ben has wandering eye towards the Kartrashians and LaLA land then Id move him like Now.

LOL you can question a lot of things about Ben... but seriously does he play like someone that gives a toss about "living in someone's shadow"??? What you said makes absolutely no sense.

I don't think I've ever seen a "potential superstar" player who is happier with passing and distributing the ball and setting up others as Ben is.... almost to a fault and to the detriment of his own scoring and the team.

If he truly actually cared about being the "Alpha" he would be out there chucking jumpers and putting up 30 shot attempts a game like Embiid does. Not to mention you say we should get in a "a 2 guard that can guard and create". Ben is basically playing 1st team all level defense and all he does is try and create for others :lol: :lol: It's almost like you've never seen him play.
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#1197 » by downtownpie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:09 am

Lol. Is there a more 'un diva' player in the nba right now? He is unselfish as anyone playing and he never gets demonstrative with teamates.

That is just a bizarre thing to call him.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,556

Post#1198 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:20 am

Simmons25 wrote:

LOL you can question a lot of things about Ben... but seriously does he play like someone that gives a toss about "living in someone's shadow"??? What you said makes absolutely no sense.

I don't think I've ever seen a "potential superstar" player who is happier with passing and distributing the ball and setting up others as Ben is.... almost to a fault and to the detriment of his own scoring and the team.

If he truly actually cared about being the "Alpha" he would be out there chucking jumpers and putting up 30 shot attempts a game like Embiid does. Not to mention you say we should get in a "a 2 guard that can guard and create". Ben is basically playing 1st team all level defense and all he does is try and create for others :lol: :lol: It's almost like you've never seen him play.

Yeah.

I think Ben is comfortable playing on what he does best and letting scorers score.

You need that with a big 3. You can’t have THREE ONBALL SCORERS. There is no successful big 3 with three on ball scorers.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#1199 » by Simmons25 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:58 am

76ciology wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:

Yeah.

I think Ben is comfortable playing on what he does best and letting scorers score.

You need that with a big 3. You can’t have THREE ONBALL SCORERS. There is no successful big 3 with three on ball scorers.

Still need Ben hitting jumpers at some point... You need guys that are capable of 25+ on any given night but ok with having nights where they defer to someone else.

Golden State can have any one of Durant, Curry, Thompson go off in any game scoring. I guess we have Embiid, Butler and Redick in that respect... but Ben has more talent on his little finger than Donkey Draymond Green and should be aiming to be better than him.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,556

Post#1200 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Simmons25 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:

Yeah.

Still need Ben hitting jumpers at some point... You need guys that are capable of 25+ on any given night but ok with having nights where they defer to someone else.

Golden State can have any one of Durant, Curry, Thompson go off in any game scoring. I guess we have Embiid, Butler and Redick in that respect... but Ben has more talent on his little finger than Donkey Draymond Green and should be aiming to be better than him.

Sure Ben needs a jumper is better than Draymond and hopefully he compensates for any talent loss we have between our top 3 guys and GSW.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers