Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#701 » by Simmons25 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 am

76ciology wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
I think even prior to when Butler arrived.

If Biid would roll to the basket, you are looking at a less challenged mid ranged shot (like the looks Fultz is getting) or Biid attacking smaller defenders at the post.

The Sixers hardly play the pick and roll, and are hopefully going to do it more often now with Jimmy. Like every other skill in the game of basketball Embiid will go from clueless to proficient quickly.

In future seasons when Simmons is hopefully a viable jump shooter they will hopefully run it with Ben and Joel too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, i think possibly Ben clogging the paint also has something to do with if

Ben should be able to at least attempt a jumper from the free throw line or at the elbow... but as I have said many times now Ben doesn't get plays called for him. A pick and roll should be basketball 101 play to call.... and the easiest jumper Ben is going to take. This is why I can't take it seriously when Brett Brown says "We want Ben to shoot jumpers". Funny way to show it by not even having a pick and roll in your offensive play calling set :lol:
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,547

Post#702 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:51 am

Simmons25 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Ericb5 wrote:
The Sixers hardly play the pick and roll, and are hopefully going to do it more often now with Jimmy. Like every other skill in the game of basketball Embiid will go from clueless to proficient quickly.

In future seasons when Simmons is hopefully a viable jump shooter they will hopefully run it with Ben and Joel too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, i think possibly Ben clogging the paint also has something to do with if

Ben should be able to at least attempt a jumper from the free throw line or at the elbow... but as I have said many times now Ben doesn't get plays called for him. A pick and roll should be basketball 101 play to call.... and the easiest jumper Ben is going to take. This is why I can't take it seriously when Brett Brown says "We want Ben to shoot jumpers". Funny way to show it by not even having a pick and roll in your offensive play calling set :lol:

I find the entire DHO offense is catered to Ben’s ball handling and making the opponents pay for sagging off him.

And for now, if we want him to score we either have JJ setting a back screen off his man or we let JJ have an action at the left side where he can attack to the rim if his man decides to gravitates toward JJ.

Thus if u ask me, I’d change the pairing to Jj-Ben and Biid-Butler. Because I don’t see any very effective (sure there’s some solid actions) actions between Ben and Biid or Butler.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#703 » by sixerswillrule » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:43 pm

He needs to work on his hook shots. He's at 38% on shots in the 3-10 foot range both for this season and for his career. That's low, way below the other top big men like Jokic, Davis, Towns.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#704 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:15 am

sixerswillrule wrote:He needs to work on his hook shots. He's at 38% on shots in the 3-10 foot range both for this season and for his career. That's low, way below the other top big men like Jokic, Davis, Towns.

He doesn't have elite touch around the rim, these guys are more skilled and talented offensive players, Embiid offsets that talent difference by doing his tricks to draw more fouls, playing bully ball and shooting the occasional midrange. Learning to be the James Harden of centers has raised his offensive ceiling a good amount.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,547

Post#705 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Embiid always struggle with the banger-weakside set-up. A popular example would be the kendrick perkins-KG set-up. Boston did it with Baynes and Horford.

This is why Biid struggles against vuc’s magic or marc gasol’s grizz. Teams can afford to do it because Ben can’t shoot.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#706 » by sixerswillrule » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:He needs to work on his hook shots. He's at 38% on shots in the 3-10 foot range both for this season and for his career. That's low, way below the other top big men like Jokic, Davis, Towns.

He doesn't have elite touch around the rim, these guys are more skilled and talented offensive players, Embiid offsets that talent difference by doing his tricks to draw more fouls, playing bully ball and shooting the occasional midrange. Learning to be the James Harden of centers has raised his offensive ceiling a good amount.

Well those numbers are from from elite, below average percentage wise actually. Of course he sees a ton of defensive attention and it's not all on him as his assisted FGs are low. The team needs to do a better job of creating easier looks for him in the paint.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#707 » by VDT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Despite his high ppg and nice footwork Embiid is still relatively unpolished and inexperienced, which makes sense considering his history. Smart defenders and defence schemes will make him look pedestrian.

It is propably the reason he tries to sell all and every contact and get to the free throw line.

The silver lining is that we should expect another big improvement next year provided he is healthy.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#708 » by rzzzzz » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:38 pm

The Process has made his feelings known about Fultz. He accuses the last regime of not having the Kid's back. And he knows just how important it was for Sam to have had his back those long two years when rumors of "bust" and "trade" we're circulating around HIM. Thus he names himself The Process. And now the Process has made it clear that HE sees real potential in and chemistry with the kid. So HE's got his back in a big way. And He expects him to keep coming off our bench.
Mrcrockpots
Junior
And1: 172

Post#709 » by Mrcrockpots » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:29 pm

Video I made of the 2 man game between JJ and Joel so far this season. TTP. Love you all! :clap: :clap:

[url];t=29s[/url]
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#710 » by kuclas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:06 pm

Washington doesn’t have Howard or Otis potter tonight. Just rest embiid. Give him a night off. No need to play him.
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#711 » by BigSleep333 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:47 pm

kuclas wrote:Washington doesn’t have Howard or Otis potter tonight. Just rest embiid. Give him a night off. No need to play him.

do you want to be the guy who tells him that? he wants this image of an injury prone player gone so bad, he would be heavily pissed, especially if its just rest when he has no problems at all.

the only 3 players on the sixers that didnt miss a single game so far are redick, shamet and ... embiid.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#712 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:07 pm

No need to rest Embiid, we need him stat padding and not missing games to have a chance at MVP.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#713 » by Sixerscan » Sat Dec 1, 2018 3:02 am

I think he's gonna win Eastern Conference player of the month?

Embiid 28/14 team went 12-4
Giannis 28/12 team went 8-6
Kemba 25/7 team went 7-7
Kyrie 25/7 team went 7-7
Leonard 23/9 team went 12-3 (8-3 in the games he played)
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#714 » by kuclas » Sat Dec 1, 2018 3:55 am

Sixerscan wrote:I think he's gonna win Eastern Conference player of the month?

Kemba 25/7 team went 7-7
Kyrie 25/7 team went 7-7

It will go to giannis. Too much hype for giannis. Leonard would be second choice.

Embiid while more respected this year. Is not as respected by the national media yet...he’s getting there.
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#715 » by BigSleep333 » Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:12 am

kuclas wrote:

Kemba 25/7 team went 7-7
Kyrie 25/7 team went 7-7

It will go to giannis. Too much hype for giannis. Leonard would be second choice.

Embiid while more respected this year. Is not as respected by the national media yet...he’s getting there.

agree. i feel both giannis and kawhi are more hyped in the media than embiid. mainly because they are no bigs...(giannis at least not in the traditional sense :lol: )

its pretty easy though to get the recognition he deserves: win a championship (or for this season: get in the finals) and no one can deny he has a bigger impact than those 2 other guys
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#716 » by sixers4real » Sun Dec 2, 2018 4:08 pm

Kemba 25/7 team went 7-7
Kyrie 25/7 team went 7-7

It's Embiid no question
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
thejuice17
Junior
And1: 25

Post#717 » by thejuice17 » Mon Dec 3, 2018 12:09 am

when will embiid show up against gasol?

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app
Kova
Veteran
And1: 711

Post#718 » by Kova » Mon Dec 3, 2018 11:03 am

thejuice17 wrote:when will embiid show up against gasol?

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app

Jo had 15/14/3 and Gasol had 12/4/3. Jo was +13, Gasol was -12. I guess he didn't show up, yeah...

It's not about Gasol, but overall Grizzlies type of defense that manages to hold Jo without easy baskets.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#719 » by VDT » Mon Dec 3, 2018 11:29 am

If Embiid would add a reliable hook shot as a go to move it would make the game significantly easier for him.

With Gasol he has difficulties because Gasol is too big to constantly back him down and when he tries to drive past him he gets doubled because of the suboptimal spacing. So a lot of times he has to settle for jumpers.

If the team had actually someone that could run pick n roll they could force a switch and expose Gasol easier on the perimeter, since he is not particularly mobile.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,210

Post#720 » by eyeatoma » Mon Dec 3, 2018 12:16 pm

VDT wrote:If Embiid would add a reliable hook shot as a go to move it would make the game significantly easier for him.

With Gasol he has difficulties because Gasol is too big to constantly back him down and when he tries to drive past him he gets doubled because of the suboptimal spacing. So a lot of times he has to settle for jumpers.

If the team had actually someone that could run pick n roll they could force a switch and expose Gasol easier on the perimeter, since he is not particularly mobile.
You mean like Jimmy Butler?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Return to Philadelphia 76ers