ImageImageImage

Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, sixers hoops, CoreyGallagher, Sixerscan, Foshan, BullyKing

User avatar
Steelo Green
RealGM
Posts: 11,798
And1: 20,283
Joined: Feb 06, 2013

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1421 » by Steelo Green » Tue May 7, 2019 5:36 pm

fl311 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:(Raptors fan in peace)

To me it is either his knee and they don't want to say it, or this is a virus (Nora, Epsteinn-Barr, Mono....). With the way he played game 3, I would guess it is the former, but who knows.


This has nothing to do with his knee.

That comment actually would lean towards the latter. if he were sick in Games 2 and 4, then that would explain his Game 3 performance more than his knee being an issue

The reason I think it is the knee, because he looked like himself game 3, and then it could have been aggravated again.

You don't typically get better with a virus and then worse again, but who knows. Hope he's alright. I feel bad for him, because I think it is legit and not much he can do about it and the media is torching him.
fl311
Senior
Posts: 511
And1: 810
Joined: Mar 29, 2018

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1422 » by fl311 » Tue May 7, 2019 5:40 pm

Steelo Green wrote:
fl311 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:(Raptors fan in peace)

To me it is either his knee and they don't want to say it, or this is a virus (Nora, Epsteinn-Barr, Mono....). With the way he played game 3, I would guess it is the former, but who knows.


This has nothing to do with his knee.

That comment actually would lean towards the latter. if he were sick in Games 2 and 4, then that would explain his Game 3 performance more than his knee being an issue

The reason I think it is the knee, because he looked like himself game 3, and then it could have been aggravated again.

You don't typically get better with a virus and then worse again, but who knows. Hope he's alright. I feel bad for him, because I think it is legit and not much he can do about it and the media is torching him.


No offense intended as you come in peace but if you actually watched the game on Sunday and saw his body language, you would clearly see that he wasnt feeling well.

Its not his knee. Trust me
User avatar
Steelo Green
RealGM
Posts: 11,798
And1: 20,283
Joined: Feb 06, 2013

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1423 » by Steelo Green » Tue May 7, 2019 5:42 pm

fl311 wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
fl311 wrote:
This has nothing to do with his knee.

That comment actually would lean towards the latter. if he were sick in Games 2 and 4, then that would explain his Game 3 performance more than his knee being an issue

The reason I think it is the knee, because he looked like himself game 3, and then it could have been aggravated again.

You don't typically get better with a virus and then worse again, but who knows. Hope he's alright. I feel bad for him, because I think it is legit and not much he can do about it and the media is torching him.


No offense intended as you come in peace but if you actually watched the game on Sunday and saw his body language, you would clearly see that he wasnt feeling well.

Its not his knee. Trust me

Again, not trying to cause an argument, I did see the coughs and sneezes, it just seems odd for the reason I said. Maybe could be a bit of both.

Hope he plays and is at his best, it's not a good series to have players not at 100%.

Good luck to you guys tonight.
mhunt
Pro Prospect
Posts: 953
And1: 71
Joined: Jan 22, 2003

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1424 » by mhunt » Tue May 7, 2019 5:46 pm

Mik317 wrote:
mhunt wrote:It's really strange that Coach Brown described Embiid sneezing through a meeting....and the team is describing it as an upper respiratory infection...but they're talking about him being up all night vomiting. The symptoms don't exactly line up...but whatever it is, I hope he gets over it quickly.


thats the flu my guy


Nothing a few milkshakes can't fix, I suppose. :D
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 17,265
And1: 3,956
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1425 » by the_process » Tue May 7, 2019 5:56 pm

Embiid really needs to clean up his diet. You cannot eat like a teenager when you're a pro athlete making millions of dollars.
HartfordWhalers wrote:The Tobias Harris trade was set your pants on fire while wearing them bad at the time. And still is.
gdog2004
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 704
Joined: Jun 01, 2014
   

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1426 » by gdog2004 » Tue May 7, 2019 6:06 pm

fl311 wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:What is this "can't sleep" nonsense ?
Anyone can sleep sick or not, take some Nyquil or Benadryl and you can sleep.
I am not sure what is wrong with Embiid, but his whole story sounds fishy. He was out at a concert the night before Sundays game as reported by various people who were there.
His whole story reeks of BS TBH.
https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/05/is-it-a-big-deal-if-joel-embiid-went-out-saturday-night.html


When you are vomiting all night, its kind of hard to sleep.

Some of you love the conspiracy stories

If you say so. He was fIne on Thursday and was seen at a show on Saturday perfectly fine (according to many who saw him there) .
Not sure how you go from fine to throwing up all night within a span of a few hours. Seems more like hungover to me(speaking from mucho personal experience in my 20's).
fl311
Senior
Posts: 511
And1: 810
Joined: Mar 29, 2018

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1427 » by fl311 » Tue May 7, 2019 6:07 pm

gdog2004 wrote:
fl311 wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:What is this "can't sleep" nonsense ?
Anyone can sleep sick or not, take some Nyquil or Benadryl and you can sleep.
I am not sure what is wrong with Embiid, but his whole story sounds fishy. He was out at a concert the night before Sundays game as reported by various people who were there.
His whole story reeks of BS TBH.
https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/05/is-it-a-big-deal-if-joel-embiid-went-out-saturday-night.html


When you are vomiting all night, its kind of hard to sleep.

Some of you love the conspiracy stories

If you say so. He was fIne on Thursday and was seen at a show on Saturday perfectly fine (according to many who saw him there) .
Not sure how you go from fine to throwing up all night within a span of a few hours. Seems more like hungover to me(speaking from mucho personal experience in my 20's).


He doesn't drink. Want to take another speculative guess?
User avatar
Canadian6ersFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,453
And1: 2,552
Joined: Jun 24, 2008
 

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1428 » by Canadian6ersFan » Tue May 7, 2019 6:16 pm

Nephew, you my guy and all, but wash your hands ffs. Unbelievable.
Trust the Process. Enjoy the Progress.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 4,796
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1429 » by Negrodamus » Tue May 7, 2019 6:21 pm

What is going on? Why is it inconceivable for a human to feel fine one day and be sick the next? It literally happens every day to millions of people. I'm actually taken aback that this is a foreign concept to many (not just here but on Twitter).
User avatar
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 9,749
And1: 3,239
Joined: May 03, 2004
   

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1430 » by kingofthecourt67 » Tue May 7, 2019 6:31 pm

Favorite part is everybody blaming his diet for the flu. Sure diet can impact the immune system, but as a world class athlete, his diet isn’t bad enough to hinder it that much.
gdog2004
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 704
Joined: Jun 01, 2014
   

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1431 » by gdog2004 » Tue May 7, 2019 6:47 pm

fl311 wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:
fl311 wrote:
When you are vomiting all night, its kind of hard to sleep.

Some of you love the conspiracy stories

If you say so. He was fIne on Thursday and was seen at a show on Saturday perfectly fine (according to many who saw him there) .
Not sure how you go from fine to throwing up all night within a span of a few hours. Seems more like hungover to me(speaking from mucho personal experience in my 20's).


He doesn't drink. Want to take another speculative guess?

Weed hangover ? Listen man, I know you often post as some type of "sixer insider" here and that is all well and good but going from being at a concert to vomiting all night seems pretty unreasonable to me and a lot of other people.
Its not like what people are questioning here isn't a very possible scenario.
I recall you posting a lot of stuff not too long ago about a certain bust PG and you were saying a lot of the concerns people had were unwarranted...well... We all know how that turned out..
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 43,528
And1: 8,519
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1432 » by Stanford » Tue May 7, 2019 6:50 pm

I know Embiid doesn't drink and I'm not even a phony insider.
Image
fl311
Senior
Posts: 511
And1: 810
Joined: Mar 29, 2018

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1433 » by fl311 » Tue May 7, 2019 7:01 pm

Oooh i'm a mod and people think i have a clue. You're an online babysitter
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 27,007
And1: 8,518
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1434 » by Mik317 » Tue May 7, 2019 7:02 pm

lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
D.Brasco
Head Coach
Posts: 6,339
And1: 3,379
Joined: Nov 17, 2006

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1435 » by D.Brasco » Tue May 7, 2019 7:04 pm

BigSleep333 wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:Welp

Read on Twitter


well, thats not really surprising hes still dealing with it. he couldnt sleep 2 days ago, so it was really bad. this stuff doesnt go away that fast. we have to hope it got better and he could sleep.

you can play sick and be good (f.e. MJ), but if you dont sleep the whole night...


It's coming out more and more that MJ was probably just hungover that game. There was never an official medical diagnosis aside from "flu".
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 43,528
And1: 8,519
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1436 » by Stanford » Tue May 7, 2019 7:08 pm

If any of you would like to talk smack about me, you can do it on the Carolina Hurricanes board. I will ban you so fast, it will leave a big pool of phony inside information all over the html.
Image
XtremeDunkz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,467
And1: 3,669
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
       

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1437 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue May 7, 2019 7:22 pm

It was a comedy show, not a concert. Lets get that straight, and it ended at 930.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
gdog2004
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 704
Joined: Jun 01, 2014
   

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1438 » by gdog2004 » Tue May 7, 2019 7:33 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:It was a comedy show, not a concert. Lets get that straight, and it ended at 930.

doesnt matter, still a shaky premise.
Xonn11
Ballboy
Posts: 17
And1: 8
Joined: May 03, 2019

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1439 » by Xonn11 » Tue May 7, 2019 7:35 pm

the_process wrote:Embiid really needs to clean up his diet. You cannot eat like a teenager when you're a pro athlete making millions of dollars.



Bingo
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 27,007
And1: 8,518
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1440 » by Mik317 » Tue May 7, 2019 7:49 pm

not sure what being home all day would have done to heal him anyway.

sometimes fresh air is needed anyway.
#NeverGonnaBeGood

Return to Philadelphia 76ers